Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favourite acapella  (Read 2885 times)
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« on: February 24, 2014, 01:49PM »

For me, it's Somewhere. I love all of them (exept for Danny Boy believe...), but this is my choice.

White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 02:43PM »

The original Somewhere. My favorite by far.

I do love all of the acapella ones because the arrangements are so beautiful. Some of them are my all time favorite CW songs.
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 03:48PM »

I went with "Danny Boy" SFTH version.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 07:01PM »

Tough  call for  me  ...but  I  had  to  go  with  Somewhere   (ANJ)   

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 08:59PM »

I love 'em all but I chose the Emerald version of Danny Boy! Smiley

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 07:34AM »

I love all of them too. The only exeption is Danny Boy Believe. I always loved CW for NEVER doing songs that way and - tadaa - they did. I'm glad they stopped it. And I ACTUALLY fogot HYAMLC. *willadd*

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 09:22AM »

The Emerald version of Danny Boy. I like having Mairead Nesbitt in it too! That's why I chose it over the SFTH version. Agree with what was said about the Believe version of Danny Boy. Awful.
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 10:28AM »

Over The Rainbow

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 12:30PM »

The Emerald version of Danny Boy. I like having Mairead Nesbitt in it too! That's why I chose it over the SFTH version. Agree with what was said about the Believe version of Danny Boy. Awful.
So, we're two now! Yay! There are lots of videos of it on YT and I think CW might have lost some fans because of it, thinking they had lost their quality. CW is as brilliant as always, but that arrangement was just terrible.

MaryNorth93
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 03:52PM »

Definately Somewhere. CW has an habit of turning songs I don't care about into something I love. 'We'll find a new way of living, we'll find a way of forgiving' Love those lyrics.

So, we're two now! Yay! There are lots of videos of it on YT and I think CW might have lost some fans because of it, thinking they had lost their quality. CW is as brilliant as always, but that arrangement was just terrible.

Really? I'm not a fan of the song in the first place, but that's actually an version of Danny Boy I kinda liked. The piano gave me that sentimental feeling like you're in a club or something. Interesting. To each his own.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 03:56PM by MaryN. » Logged
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 12:58PM »

I didn't like the lack of harmony and that strange vocalising... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq_mMiDbwcA

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: