Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Play "Breaking Dad"  (Read 28218 times)
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2014, 05:05PM »

I feel the same way even though she is out for this tour I am sure we will see her at the taping and the next tour (not sure of their schedule yet). But I was the same way when I first saw Lisa and Susan. They did not come in 2010/11 when she started and then I had gotten the radio city tickets not having heard or seen "the new girl" Lisa (even though all stuff said was that she was amazing) and def. was interested in hearing her! then Lisa K made the announcement that January in 2012 that she was not coming back and Susan was taking over. And yes I had bought my tickets already and was like omg what do I do, so I did not sell them and saw the show w mairead N Lisa L and Susan. Uhm yeah both where something very special for sure! And cool fact, 2 days prior Susan got engaged and believe me what a special night that was for everyone and you could definitely tell! And 2 years later she is coming back to radio city! Very cool! And Lisa has grown on all of us! And I am not worried either because I have seen Lynn 2x's already and she is amazing! I know Lisa will be back but I hope they keep all 4 for the new taping! Sorry for the excitement babble tweets just hitting me that I will be seeing them very soon and I love Lynn's voice to!!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2014, 06:06PM »

I think some of these people either aren't true fans, or, like someone earlier said, they just went to spread hate and negative feelings..

There are several people who seem to exist just for that reason and nothing else.  My favorite are the ones who claim that *they* made CW what it is, and now want to actively destroy it.  If they don't like CW anymore, just walk away and spend the money on something else rather than try to ruin it for everyone else.

As for those who have canceled/sold their tickets because Lisa won't be there, it is their loss.  I could understand not adding an additional show(s), but canceling it just dumb.  I needed an excuse not to spend the money to go to the show in San Antonio, and Lisa leaving was good enough.  I really didn't have the $ to spend so any excuse was good enough.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2014, 09:09AM »

I hope we spend as much time and energy in reporting on the progress and reviews of the play as we have here in speculation.  I would love to be able to attend the play, but probably can't.  We'd love to hear from anybody who is so fortunate as to be able to attend.  Absent that, members here are particularly good at finding reviews, Youtube postings, etc.

Do we really want to talk to Lisa when she returns and not know much about the play and her role in it?  Embarrassed

The Quiet Man

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2014, 06:14PM »

I think some of these people either aren't true fans, or, like someone earlier said, they just went to spread hate and negative feelings..

Not sure about statements like that.  That's the "no true Scotsman" argument, where one particular group decides its way is the only way and any other view or way of doing things is per se wrong.  No one owns the performers and no one owns the fanbase , and no one gets to tell anyone else that their feelings are invalid. What needs to happen is the keeping of relative order, and so far I think that's the case, at least here.  What people tweet, post of facebook, etc., is separate and apart.  Personnel changes are nothing new to CW, and problems with personnel changes are also nothing new, they date back at least to 2007 and the Hayley/Meav switchoff.  The show and the fanbase got through all that, and they'll get through this.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2014, 06:21PM »

Lisa tweested this video earlier today.  It's a brief interview with the main cast of the "Breaking Dead" after their first rehearsal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GbaeGcBVAQ
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2014, 11:09AM »

Paul Howard Reveals Ross O’Carroll Kelly Legacy To Live On

“The year is 2022. Ireland is in the midst of an unexpected economic boom. The country’s debts have been repaid in full, the people are once again selling houses to each other for five times what they’re worth and Bertie Ahern is set to become Taoiseach again at the age of 71. Ross O’Carroll-Kelly is entering his middle years without a care in the world. He’s got a son who’s a professional footballer, a career-minded wife who’s about to land the job of her dreams – and, like good Cognac, his looks just keep improving with age. For Ireland’s most eligible married man, life is good. Until his teenage daughter arrives home from Wesley one night with the captain of the Blackrock College rugby team – and Ross is forced to face up to the lesson that you must reap what you have sown”.

<snip>

As Ross is again brought into the domain of ‘real life’, Paul acknowledges the importance of finding and keeping the cast that makes this work. He compliments each and every member of the cast. “I just got lucky and every time that they agree to do the next show, I get lucky all over again. To keep that cast together, because they are all incredibly talented actors. This is the third play and for every run we get them back, Rory Nolan as Ross, I couldn’t see anyone else playing Ross because Rory has made the character so much his own. It’s the same with Lisa Lambe, Lisa is an extraordinarily talented person not just as an actor but as a singer also, when you hear Lisa’s voice, she is just jaw droppingly good. Then you have Philip O’Sullivan as Charles, Laurence Kinlan as Ronan, we are just so fortunate to be able to keep this cast together. We don’t have Susan Fitzgerald this time which we are all very sad about, Susan passed away last year, she played Fionnuala and that’s why I didn’t write Fionnuala into it as I couldn’t see anyone else playing her. When I write about Fionnuala in the books, I think of Susan and that happens when an actor makes a roll their own. We have two new cast members this time round, Caoimhe O’Malley is playing Honor as a seventeen year old and you know what she’s like as an eight year old so you can only imagine her at seventeen and then Gavin Drea, who was also in Love/Hate and he’s playing Trailough, who is Honor’s love interest and they are kind of like a young Ross and Sorcha”.

<snip>

So what’s next for Ross? Breaking Dad, a Landmark production in association with MCD is running at the Gaiety Theatre from the 25th April to the 17th of May. There are rumours of further dates and even further away venues so be sure not to miss a very talented cast of actors and a very talented and funny writer. The next book in the Ross series is due out next October as the adventures continue in, ‘Raiders of the last Dork’ and if that isn’t enough, Paul also mentioned another project, ‘Copper face Jacks the Opera’, so there’s a lot more to look forward to from Ross O’Carroll Kelly and Paul Howard and long may it last.

http://irishnewsreview.info/2014/04/28/paul-howard-reveals-ross-ocarroll-kelly-legacy-to-live-on/
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2014, 11:05AM »

"Breaking Dad's" run has been extended until May 24th due to extreme popularity.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: