Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Emerald DVD  (Read 20698 times)
oregongirl29
« on: March 02, 2014, 03:54PM »

I loved the DVD I've watched it 3 times already, I don't know why some people are having problems with it and complaining about it. TAR was my favorite song on the dvd and I loved how Lisa L and Chloe were bickering back and forth. Yes I know it's not just like the original DVD, but you know what things change and wouldn't it be kinda boring if all the DVD's were the same?

These wonderful and talented ladies and management worked really hard on this and we should just be thankful that they even put out a dvd to go along with this CD, some artists don't. If people don't like the dvd then don't watch it simple as that, but don't ruin it for the people that do like it.

I think my rant is over with
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 05:17PM »

I really want the DVD myself! Does Jim ever collect some CW stuff?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
MarcusWongAUS
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 05:58PM »

I've watched the DVD, absolutely love it, now I'm just waiting for the blu-ray to compare the difference in quality. There was a noticeable difference in Home for Christmas and honestly, I think even some of the YouTube videos had higher definition than the DVD. The sound is usually better too, so I'm looking forward to that Smiley

26/6/10 Westfield Penrith
23/10/10 Sydney Entertainment Centre
21/12/11 Boettcher Concert Hall
18/8/12 Macquarie Centre
17/1/14 Sydney Entertainment Centre
9/2/18 Darling Harbour Theatre
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 07:00PM »

I loved it!!

There were some songs that I missed.. but overall, I thought it was amazing!!
I am totally in love with Chloe and Lisa at the beginning of TAR.  Chloe's faces are just priceless!!

And in Nil Sen La, I looooove how the choir "gets in trouble"

and I noticed a really big difference in the quality.. it was so crystal clear!

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 07:28PM »

Just watched the first part on my local PBS station, and unlike the DVD/Blu-Ray, "Orinoco Flow" is included. All three girls have capes (like Lisa does in Dulaman), and there are lots of nice closeups of the choir and of Tommy. Worth seeing if you get a chance to watch or DVR it.

Lisa and Susan are in the studio during membership breaks, too.

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
oregongirl29
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 09:42PM »

I have the CD and DVD Deluxe version and it doesn't have Orinoco Flow on it.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 09:52PM »

I have the CD and DVD Deluxe version and it doesn't have Orinoco Flow on it.

Orinoco Flow isn't on the DVD, probably due to copyright.

Having it air on PBS (which is non-profit) probably falls under different copyright rules so it can be included in the PBS version.
oregongirl29
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 11:59PM »

Darn, Oh well I have it on another DVD.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 02:06AM »

it seems that they are trying to be a little less 'epic' or 'over the top' on this DVD. we don't see fireworks, 1000 bag pipers, a bunch of extreme rythem drummers, a child's choir, etc. its very much like watching an actual concert. the crowd shots also help connect the viewer to the crowd, like one is actually there. Connecting to the crowd is nothing new for CW, but its done a bit different this time. I like it! But the other stuff was fun to watch too. Its all good!

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 06:34AM »

I really loved the DVD and the cd! Like I posted in another post the videographer could have done a better job at points but believe was the same! Love the song choices on it to! Interesting how they went moderate w both act dresses this time, which is prob. Easier to tour around w and more comfortable?!pretty though! I think the new one this summer is going to be a biggie!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 04:01PM »

Does Jim ever collect some CW stuff?
Maybe. Wink
LegallyBlondfan

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 05:29PM »

Hey, is there a Behind the Scenes feature on this one?
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 05:34PM »

Hey, is there a Behind the Scenes feature on this one?

No, there is not

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 05:37PM »

it seems that they are trying to be a little less 'epic' or 'over the top' on this DVD. we don't see fireworks, 1000 bag pipers, a bunch of extreme rythem drummers, a child's choir, etc. its very much like watching an actual concert. the crowd shots also help connect the viewer to the crowd, like one is actually there. Connecting to the crowd is nothing new for CW, but its done a bit different this time. I like it! But the other stuff was fun to watch too. Its all good!

You're in their enough, Mike--I saw you at least four times!  LOL!  Shocked Cool

Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 08:59PM »

On my PBS station "Orinoco Flow" comes after "Nocturne" and before "Téir Abhaile Riú".
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: