Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW Roster: Founding, Ambassadorial, and Standing Representatives  (Read 12241 times)
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2015, 03:00AM »

Alex, Deirdre, Lisa Lambe and Lynn are not standing anymore.

Parker Gabriel

The British Isles may become all I have left.

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2015, 06:48PM »

Herein proposed is a revised breakdown of the roster between Founding, Ambassadorial, and Standing Representatives of the Celtic Woman, including now a new category herein introduced--that of Transitional Representatives.
To wit:

Alex Sharpe
Ambassadorial.
Chloë Agnew
Founding, Ambassadorial.
Deirdre Shannon
Ambassadorial.
Éabha McMahon
Standing.
Hayley Westenra
Ambassadorial, Transitional.
Lisa Kelly
Founding, Ambassadorial.
Lisa Lambe
Ambassadorial.
Lynn Hilary
Ambassadorial.
Mairéad Carlin
Standing.
Máiréad Nesbitt
Founding, Standing.
Méav Ní Mhaolchatha
Founding, Ambassadorial, Standing. (She alone falls into all three of the original categories.)
Órlagh Fallon
Founding, Ambassadorial.
Rebecca Winckworth
Transitional.
Susan McFadden
Standing.
And in a nod to the Music Director who brought the Representatives together:
David Downes
Founding, Standing.

Definitions are these:
A Founding Representative was a Representative on the very First Journey.
An Ambassadorial Representative is one who has left the main team; she may (as with Hayley Westenra, see definition of Transitional Representatives following) or may not (as with Chloë Agnew, Lisa Kelly, Méav Ní Mhaolchatha, and Órlagh Fallon) have joined in a later Journey. Such Representatives are called Ambassadorial because they are always welcome to return as guests of the main team, the way Méav has done at least once.
A Standing Representative, quite obviously, is a current Representative.
A Transitional Representative is one who has joined the main team in a later Journey and is essentially its guest; Hayley Westenra, who joined the main team in the New Journey, and Rebecca Winckworth, who joined the main team in the Destiny Journey, both typify this category.

Others are welcome to offer their own opinions on this new breakdown.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 05:03PM by Parker Gabriel » Logged

Parker Gabriel

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2019, 07:43AM »

Of late, the Ancient Land Journey has led to the existence of a new category herein introduced--that of Trans-Generational Representatives.

They are defined thus:
A Trans-Generational Representative of the Celtic Woman had grown up listening to the Founding, Ambassadorial, and Transitional Representatives, and is now also a Standing Representative herself. She is so called both because she represents the next generation of Representatives and because she is likewise continuing the tradition that the Founding Representatives began so long ago, with the First Journey.

The Trans-Generational Representatives of the Celtic Woman are these:
Megan Walsh, Tara McNeill, Mairéad Carlin, and Éabha McMahon.
Mairéad Carlin and Éabha McMahon are already Standing Representatives, and holdovers from the previous roster; however, they too are also Trans-Generational for that last reason. Tara McNeill has succeeded Founding Representative Mairéad Nesbitt, and she and Megan Walsh are thus the most recent Trans-Generational Representatives to join the roster.

Founding Representative Méav Ní Mhaolchatha has become vocal director for all the Representatives, and is thus also both Standing and Ambassadorial. It is due to her continued direct involvement that Trans-Generational Representation of the Celtic Woman is now possible.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 04:59PM by Parker Gabriel » Logged

Parker Gabriel

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2024, 03:01PM »

Whosoever is able to identify the Standing and Ambassadorial Representatives of the Celtic Woman has my gratitude. It will be better still to note those who are also Trans-Generational Representatives.

Moreover, I have received word that “Founding Father” David Downes has himself become Ambassadorial. Can anyone confirm or refute this word that I have received?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: