Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else want a new and permanent fifth member?  (Read 4676 times)
BlueAquaOcean

« on: March 22, 2014, 08:11PM »

Lynn is back, but only for a while. Who do you think would be good to have CW be five person group?
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 08:46PM »

This  idea  has  been  tossed  around  before, and  I  do personally think  it would  be  nice, but  not  likely  at  this  point.   Undecided 

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 10:44AM »

I agree with James but Madstone Productions will not allow that to happen.  They are way too cheap.  Any of the former CW members would be nice to have back.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 05:28PM »

It would seem nice in my mind. However, any time they seem close to that happening again, it turns out that either their appearance was temporary in the first place or another permanent member is leaving. It might happen again, but we'll just have to follow the group closely to see if it ever will.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 09:44PM »

Another alto would be nice, but I can't see that happening any more than I can see another production on the scale of Songs From the Heart.

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 10:22PM »

Mmmmmmm, that would be nice! Especially if Lynn stays once lisa comes back! Even though I partly think that is up to Lynn to. Like if she has plans to do another show etc... I'm sure if she asks there not going to tell her no, even though they might, but you never know! Specially w the new taping approaching soon ( again hint hint for them to release some dates and location soon!) it will be in ireland for sure but for a big anniversary I think and hope they will do it on a scale of sight or anj! It just looks better and different then just on a stage in a theatre! But yet at the end of August they will prob, be back at the helix since the weather breaks at that time! And even like believe I see new music and dresses coming! And I hope puffy dresses?! Which would all look more fuller and nicer w five members!! I think w the three girls touring now plus Mairead N. They use sarah and edel to up w the girls for that fourth and fifth voice ( and rightly so) so we will see sooner than later what they decide!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 09:07PM »

Like many people think, a line up of Lynn, Lisa Lambe, Mairead Carlin, Susan, and Mairead Nesbitt would be a very nice thing to see. Since a new show would be recorded soonish, then it would be nice to see those five since those are the most likely at the moment to happen. If Lynn is merely rejoining only until Lisa can return, it would be okay, but I really like Lynn and miss her as a part of the group. It would be nice if she could return full time since she's such a great part of the group. I like Lisa Lambe too which is why I think that both Lisa and Lynn in the group at the same time would be a nice and great thing to see. It might not happen, but a fan can hope, right?

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 11:45AM »

Like many people think, a line up of Lynn, Lisa Lambe, Mairead Carlin, Susan, and Mairead Nesbitt would be a very nice thing to see. Since a new show would be recorded soonish, then it would be nice to see those five since those are the most likely at the moment to happen. If Lynn is merely rejoining only until Lisa can return, it would be okay, but I really like Lynn and miss her as a part of the group. It would be nice if she could return full time since she's such a great part of the group. I like Lisa Lambe too which is why I think that both Lisa and Lynn in the group at the same time would be a nice and great thing to see. It might not happen, but a fan can hope, right?

I agree - not likely, but would be great if it happened. Love Lisa and Lynn, would be awesome to have them both touring and hear that rich, four-part blend again.

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 12:05PM »

I agree - not likely, but would be great if it happened. Love Lisa and Lynn, would be awesome to have them both touring and hear that rich, four-part blend again.

It would be a dream come true if it ever happened.

White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 02:19PM »

I'd love that too for the different harmonies an extra voice can do. I doubt it will happen due to costs, but we can dream.
Excalibur

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 04:44PM »

I'm going to say something that could be not agree-able, so please remember it's just my two cents.

A New Journey, and I mean the tour, not the DVD, as well as the previous tour and the IOH tour, did not have dancers. It didn't give all that space to the pipers and the drummers (who are terrific, just to be clear, we know it). It mainly had the five girls performing. And it worked perfectly, many fans consider it the best CW production ever. I think that a fifth girl is something very very important to have for various reasons.
First of all, the voices. Three is beautiful, but four is even better: a fourth voice is crucial when it comes to harmonies and I personally hear the difference between the old CW group songs and the newer songs, it's quite clear. Danny Boy is a perfect example, and it's not surprising that for the Emerald version they chose to include the violin: without the fourth voice, that arrangement needed something else. Other songs gave me the same impression.
Second reason: a fifth girl means at least two more solos in the show and the possibility to have complete ensemble numbers but also non-complete ensemble numbers, which means that the girls get a little more comfortable.
Third reason: an additional voice means more variety and more dinamics in the show as well as in the CDs tracklists. That is a fact.
Fourth reason: until 2009, CW had Orla who was a singer but also a harpist. That, in my opinion added a lot to the show because her songs with the harp were a vey special moment. Basically, almost every girl who's been with CW can play at least one instrument: I personally would love, for instance, a song from Lynn with her playing the guitar. It's something that the show needs and I think it could work better with five girls than with four. I know, we had three years of Lisa L with the spoons, and I love it, but I think you got my point.
Fifth reason: the original concept of the show was five girls and it was for six years. There must have been a reason for that. I don't know the reason why they have chose to have four girls from that year, but I can imagine it's strictly economic, not artistic. And I think that if they cut the dancing, the additional dresses and other things, they would have the money to pay a fifth member just like they had in the past.

It may sound like a rant but I'm being very rational in this. I honestly think that the 5 girls lineup was a crucial part of CW and I'm not the only one, from what I read here Smiley
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 06:39PM by Excalibur » Logged

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 05:09PM »

I    also  think  it's  about economics  .  The front  line  and  backing  performers  remain  high  quality , but  I  think  the  powers  that be  are  moving  toward  a  more  streamline , compact  overall product- if  you  know  what  I  mean.  I  do  praise  Emerald  for  this  thing , though, that  there  seems  to  be more  of  a  return  to  the  traditional  music  of  Ireland. it  should  still be  in  a form  accessible to the  general  population, but  remain  true  to its  roots . And  I  agree  with  th  actual  musical realities  about  harmonizing  and  such  , as  well.  We'll  see  what happens, though.   Undecided

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 10:53AM »

Let's not forget that in addition to four vocalists there were originally eight choir members in the travelling show.  Now there are four.  The choir members also serve as dancers so they are doing double duty.  It certainly seems they could add another soloist but that is not their modus operandi.

MaryNorth93
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 12:07PM »

I'd say both line-ups have advantages. I think the four members line-up has allowed them to give the show an more 'intimate' feeling, and gives them room for more interaction with each other. The recordings with 5 members were more 'formal'. The difference between 3 and 4 singers is definately noticable though, especially in some of the group numbers.

I don't expect Lynn to stay but having her and Lisa L. in the group? It would be perfect.  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: