Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW to collaborate with Justin Bieber  (Read 10269 times)
Eric90

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2014, 07:34PM »

I'd pay to see Mairead N hit Bieber over the head with her fiddle lol

MarcusWongAUS
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2014, 08:42PM »

What about teaming up with Lady Gaga or Madonna?
To be honest, I'd be interested in seeing a collaboration with Madonna. The contrast between Celtic Woman and Madonna could bring out some unique work. I really think they could benefit from each other. Obviously, it would have to be within reason, so no crossing over the line.

Whether you like her or not, you cannot deny she is an incredibly skilled performer, even without all of the antics and stunts. I know Lisa K lists her as one of her inspirations, and I can understand why.

What do you guys think?

26/6/10 Westfield Penrith
23/10/10 Sydney Entertainment Centre
21/12/11 Boettcher Concert Hall
18/8/12 Macquarie Centre
17/1/14 Sydney Entertainment Centre
9/2/18 Darling Harbour Theatre
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2014, 08:54PM »

lol I don't think they'd get violent.

Eric90

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2014, 08:57PM »

lol I don't think they'd get violent.

yeah you're probably right lol but they are Irish after all lol

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2014, 09:44PM »

I will say though, if he ever did work with them, I think it would do him some good, because they'd teach him some very valuable lessons, and they wouldn't put up with any of his bad behavior. And he's be esposed to a different kind of music.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2014, 08:19AM »

I just had an image of Mairead repeatedly hitting Bieber on the top of his head with her fiddle like she was hammering a nail pop in my head!  Grin
MaryNorth93
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2014, 02:18PM »

What about teaming up with Lady Gaga or Madonna?
To be honest, I'd be interested in seeing a collaboration with Madonna. The contrast between Celtic Woman and Madonna could bring out some unique work. I really think they could benefit from each other. Obviously, it would have to be within reason, so no crossing over the line.

Whether you like her or not, you cannot deny she is an incredibly skilled performer, even without all of the antics and stunts. I know Lisa K lists her as one of her inspirations, and I can understand why.

What do you guys think?

I haven't heard enough Madonna songs to give an objective opinion about that, but I would definately like it if they would collaborate with more main-stream artists. A few years back they worked with Chris de Burgh, and they sang with him I'm Counting On You for the European edition of the Believe cd. It's an really beautiful song.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2014, 06:38PM »

The  individual  ladies  of  CW  have  completely  ruined  me  for  other  kinds  of  music- even  the  kinds  I  used  to  like. All the  CWs  outclass  99.9  %  of  what  is  out  there-including  most  of  the  very  successful  pop  "artists"   of  recent  history.  So  any  collaboration with  anyone  outside of  a  very short  list  of  singers would  be a  downgrade. ( including  Madonna)   Tongue

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2014, 06:51PM »

I think the current group at CW should get together with a short list of singers also:
Chloe Agnew, Lisa Kelly, Hayley Westenra, Orla Fallon, Alex Sharpe, Deirdre Shannon, and MEAV! Smiley
Amazingly, all of their photos are at the top of this page. Wink
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 06:54PM by Jim M. » Logged
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2014, 06:58PM »

I think the current group at CW should get together with a short list of singers also:
Chloe Agnew, Lisa Kelly, Hayley Westenra, Orla Fallon, Alex Sharpe, Deirdre Shannon, and MEAV! Smiley
Amazingly, all of their photos are at the top of this page. Wink
   hmmm...   12  Apostles  and   12 Celtic  Cuties  ....   Grin    'Coincidence ...?  I  think  not.   Cheesy 

MarcusWongAUS
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2014, 07:27PM »

The  individual  ladies  of  CW  have  completely  ruined  me  for  other  kinds  of  music- even  the  kinds  I  used  to  like. All the  CWs  outclass  99.9  %  of  what  is  out  there-including  most  of  the  very  successful  pop  "artists"   of  recent  history.  So  any  collaboration with  anyone  outside of  a  very short  list  of  singers would  be a  downgrade. ( including  Madonna)   Tongue

For me, Celtic Woman, is, beyond a doubt, my favourite group/band/ensemble, and every individual member are easily amongst my favourite performers in the world. They have a unique style, and no other musical act is as elegant and gracious, be it on or off-stage. In all but a very few cases, if they cover a song, it's my favourite version.

I personally wouldn't find it a downgrade if they performed with certain singers. I mean, of course there are some who, well…just, No! (that includes you Justin) But I also think that there are certain artists who are very different, but similar enough to make a collaboration work (like Madonna). It's not bad to try something different, even if it doesn't work, everybody in the collaboration learns something. - You guys might have your own ideas about who they could team up with.

What CW does, I feel, is the best staging in the world, but I've also seen what I thought was perfect staging, improved by none other than themselves over the past few years: think Orinoco Flow and Nil Se'n La. Maybe with a little outside input, other songs could be improved upon in ways neither we (the fans) nor they (the CW creative team) could ever have imagined.

I think it would be interesting to see what collaboration with other artists could do for CW, not the least of which includes publicity. Celtic Thunder gained extraordinary publicity from Damian's work on Glee, and have been on tour in Australia every year over the past few years, something I'd love to see CW doing, and while I'm not sure is entirely credited to that, it is possible it is.

26/6/10 Westfield Penrith
23/10/10 Sydney Entertainment Centre
21/12/11 Boettcher Concert Hall
18/8/12 Macquarie Centre
17/1/14 Sydney Entertainment Centre
9/2/18 Darling Harbour Theatre
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2014, 08:18PM »

I stand on the other side of the spectrum, CW has expanded my music repitoire, they'd do a cover of a song, then I would find another version of it and whom so ever sang that I'd find more groups and more singers that are almost nothing like CW

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Eric90

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2014, 08:55PM »

I stand on the other side of the spectrum, CW has expanded my music repitoire, they'd do a cover of a song, then I would find another version of it and whom so ever sang that I'd find more groups and more singers that are almost nothing like CW

Yes me too, for example Lisa Lambe singing "A Spaceman Came Travelling" I went and found the original and I liked that version too. Same with "Caledonia" I didn't like that song originally but Susan Mcfaddon and the original made me love it. same with all the traditional irish songs they sing, yet none come close to Celtic Woman!

Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2014, 10:29PM »

I can relate to both sides of the discussion. In a sense, hearing Celtic Woman has soured me on a lot of popular music too - it just pales in comparison, now that I've heard something transcendent.

On the other hand, it has expanded my horizons to other celtic artists and songs that I surely never would have discovered otherwise. So, a little bit of both for me.

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: