Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just got Christmas DVD  (Read 32523 times)
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2007, 01:54AM »

so a couple of my coworkers and I are going to put it on while we work in our room once the kids are gone. 

Yeah, let us know how this works for you LOL.  I wouldn't be able to get a bit of work done with this DVD playing!  Too many lovely sights on the DVD and I haven't had it long enough yet.  I still find something new each time I watch it (example, I noticed tonight during Carol of the Bells, right before Meav sings her very high part all of the ladies walk forward beginning with Lisa.  They all have to be very careful not to step on each others dresses  Grin )

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2007, 09:19AM »

Maybe you can grade papers and sing at the same time. A's for everyone!

SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2007, 09:37AM »

Well - brought mine to work to watch (AGAIN!) and find it awfully hard to concentrate. Thought I'd pop it in and have it as background while I do my bookwork at my desk. HA! Background Huh What was I thinking !! Grin Grin Grin Needless to say, it took me just a little while longer to complete my work!
(Good thing I work for my family and they indulge my CW fanaticism!!!)

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2007, 12:38PM »

Most beautiful Christmas music ever. God smiles when the traditional carols are sung...betcha he does!!!! Grin
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2007, 11:19PM »

Well, I brought it to work and the coworkers watching it enjoyed it.  We started it during our lunch, but afterward we were still all able to work at the same time.  The tasks I had to do required little brain energy as it was just copying stuff down or sorting through cards.  I suppose if I'm honest, it probably took a little longer than it would have otherwise, but I'm also quite used to having something like that on while doing some other task so my concentration wasn't interrupted too much. Wink  I watched it again that night so I could focus on just it. Grin

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
chickie.monkey
Total Fanatic

« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2007, 02:45AM »

I've got it on my I-Pod and am watching it now. It makes my night sooooo much better Grin Hopefully I won't have any work come in until its over!

Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2007, 06:56AM »

I have a question, which means I need to watch it more.....where is the choir located....later in the DVD when the choir is lit up, it's as if that lit polygon or whatever shape its called, outlines the choir, almost like they aren't there...like a big screen or something..maybe someone who was there can tell. I'm guessing they are on a balcony or something? Sure looks interesting when they first cast the light on them.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2007, 07:31AM »

I get so into watching the ladies and listening to the music that I have totally missed the audience. Are any of our forum members see on the DVD and if so when?

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Maggie
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2007, 09:54AM »

..where is the choir located....later in the DVD when the choir is lit up, it's as if that lit polygon or whatever shape its called, outlines the choir, almost like they aren't there..

I wasn't there, but I'm guessing they are on raised "bleachers" behind a transparent screen. We can only see them when lit.
I think that shape, like the stage, is meant to be the shape of a holly leaf.
Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2007, 11:56AM »

Sounds logical, Maggie. It was actually pretty cool the way they did it.
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2007, 01:00PM »

Ok the huge Choir were in a balcony that is situated behind the stage. If you go to the Helix website and do a virtual tour, you will see where they were sitting

Yes, its a transparent screen, that would be lit up from behind.

Now, after you have watched it a few times, you may notice one inconsistency, there is a couple shots where you see their heads, this is due to the fact that on the tues night taping they were ALL in black. I think they realized after they started taping it, that the members all in black just wasn't working, so the next night they had more than half the choir in white shirts.  Now again there is another small inconsistency, and that is where first you see them, then you don't. That don't time was done on Wed AFTERNOON. They didn't use the choir then, just a recording, as they were just mostly doing close up shots of the girls, orchestra, and CW chorus and band

Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2007, 08:10AM »

As they say, Mel, veeeeeery interesting! Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: