Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi, I'm Eric  (Read 10411 times)
Eric90

« on: April 06, 2014, 04:51PM »

Hi, My name is Eric and I'm 24 years old, I'm very much into ireland and celtic mythology and history and al that stuff especially the music I've loved that type of music since I was young I was 9 and listening to Charlotte Church lol. Celtic music really awakens my irish roots that I have down in my family line, I've been a fan of Celtic Woman since they started I guess, I remember watching the first special when I was younger. I have my grandma to thank for it even though I got her into watching it and she approved of it because it wasn't anything like my brothers and sisters were listening to.

some of my favorite songs are the traditional irish and scottish ones i love the Gaelic language, I love the songs that don't have any words to the fiddle and flute are the voice of nature the voice of Ireland. y'know I picture green hills and forests babbling brooks when I  hear them

I don't really have a favorite Celtic Woman I've grown to love them all over the years the first one I really liked was Chloe mainly cause we were the same age I could relate to her I guess lol I've become very fond of Orla's voice as I've gotten older very ethereal reminds me of Enya whom I love as well. The one Celtic Woman I guess you could say is my favorite is Lisa Lambe. I absolutely love her lol she is so beautiful to me she looks like the quintessintial irish woman with the long curly red hair great voice too. Mairead N is the one I think of when I think of Celtic Woman I used to call her "The crazy violin lady" I would like to learn the fiddle because of her and I'd like to play the spoons because of Lisa L

sorry I made this so long I just wanted you know who I was lol

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 05:26PM »

Pleased to meet you, Eric, I'm Kimberly AJ. I've turned 22 in my celebration. This means we're two years apart. Smiley

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 06:13PM »

Welcome  Eric !   Cool   I  said  it  in  another  thread too, but  that's  okay. 

Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 07:19PM »

Welcome, Eric. I don't have any Irish in my heritage, but I am as taken with the culture and music as you are. It seems that the Gaelic songs are always among my favorites. I have grown to love all the ladies, too. It seems that David has the magic touch in finding performers who are not only supremely talented, but are high-quality people as well.

Have a great time. You will find that the people here are very kind and helpful. And a little CWazy.  Wink

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
Eric90

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 09:20PM »

well I'm not sure how much Irish I have in me. I think that my mothers side of the family came from there I just don't know how long ago. I've always felt drawn to Ireland I hope to go there one day, I'd certainly prefer Ireland over where I live any day lol

Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 09:24PM »

well I'm not sure how much Irish I have in me. I think that my mothers side of the family came from there I just don't know how long ago. I've always felt drawn to Ireland I hope to go there one day, I'd certainly prefer Ireland over where I live any day lol

If there are many more ladies there who are like our beloved Celtic Cuties, I would move to Ireland tomorrow if I could.   Grin

Eric90

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 10:53PM »

I like your name traveling Spaceman very clever, I would have come up with something like that but I'm terrible at coming up with names lol I would have been like "Sailor from Galway" or something cause Lisa always flirting with the sailors in "Teir Abhaile riu"  lol

Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 08:06AM »

I like your name traveling Spaceman very clever, I would have come up with something like that but I'm terrible at coming up with names lol I would have been like "Sailor from Galway" or something cause Lisa always flirting with the sailors in "Teir Abhaile riu"  lol

Thanks Eric. I think "Galway Sailor" has a pretty nice ring to it, as well.   Grin

CWazy girl

I'm the biggest CWazy you'll ever meet!!

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 10:41AM »

Welcome to the forum, Eric! I'm Chaela. Smiley You're going to love it here! I do, and I also just joined. Cool

With love,

Chaela <3

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 11:27AM »

Welcome, Eric.  Have you seen Celtic Woman live in concert?

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Eric90

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 04:59PM »

No I haven't seen them live yet unfortunately, I think it's because I'm waiting for Lisa to come back but I'd be thrilled seeing any of them. do they do meet and greets at all the shows?

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 05:17PM »

No I haven't seen them live yet unfortunately, I think it's because I'm waiting for Lisa to come back but I'd be thrilled seeing any of them. do they do meet and greets at all the shows?

At most shows there are. the meet and greet passes are sold through PBS

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2014, 05:38PM »

Hi Eric. I'm Jerad, Make yourself at home. Smiley

As for waiting to see CW till Lisa Lambe comes back, DON'T!!!! CW puts on a great show no matter which members, past of present, are there, you will be disappointed you didn't go now.

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Eric90

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 05:47PM »

I know they do, they haven't come to my home state in a long time I live in Louisiana the closest they are coming is Texas, I've considered taking a vacation to go see them I've gone to Texas to concerts before.

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2014, 06:09PM »

I know they do, they haven't come to my home state in a long time I live in Louisiana the closest they are coming is Texas, I've considered taking a vacation to go see them I've gone to Texas to concerts before.

Go ahead, many people I know from the forum and Twitter travel all over the US to CW shows. Wink

If you do have a Facebook or Twitter account, post or tweet that you like a stop in *insert city here.* That's how I got CW to come to my city and it worked! Best of luck! Smiley

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: