Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas DVD arrived  (Read 7465 times)
Sara

« on: October 01, 2007, 12:26PM »

Just got the Christmas DVD in the mail. A day early!! Thank you mailman. This has arrived at a great time. This past week has been very stressful and I must say I have been overwhelmed. Now I can sit down tonight, relax and watch the show!!
I got two, one for me and one for my 4 year old granddaughter Emma. I will be babysitting her tomorrow. I know what we will be watching. She'll get her gown and crown on tomorrow!
Sara
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 04:25PM »

I'll see if there could be anything special there.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Rigatony60

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 04:47PM »

The dvd was released on Oct.2 right? I can't find it in stores anywhere even though they have ANJ and the Helix performance. Why aren't big retailers stocking the Christmas DVD I went to six different places. Huh

Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 04:55PM »

According to Wal-Mart, "That's a Christmas thing, we won't have that in until after Thanksgiving."  Sad
According to Meijer, "Celtic Women? Christmas? What's with everybody asking for these Celtic Women things? HuhAngry
According to Borders, "How many copies do you need?"  Grin Grin Grin

07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 05:00PM »

Borders was smart to get it when it was released instead of waiting till the rest of the Chrirtmas stuff comes.  They have ret up a display of Christmas Cds at my store and they had copies of the CD on it.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 06:06PM »

Maybe when the other retailers realize that they are losing money waiting, while Borders is making money, they may change their mind

And Anderpaw, since you work at Meijers, isn't it your duty to inform them WHO CW is and WHY they must NOW display their new DVD. Cheesy

Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 06:17PM »

I already tried it, this was Meijer's response:

Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 06:49PM »

Unfortunately, the people who run Meijer are several hundred miles away, so they are not exactly in touch with the greater Louisville area. Everything is done with strict corporate standards in mind, no deviation. On an interesting side note: Meijer has hired the same consulting company that Wal-Mart uses.

About the only thing I can do is make sure the shelves are faced up with Celtic Woman cd's, all 3 copies of the Helix concert. Sad

celticdreamer00
Choir Member

Dreaming of Celtic Woman (Thank You CC)

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 11:07PM »

I let the music representative in my Wal-Mart know how much the Christmas dvd was in demand nation wide.  It was shown as being one of the new releases on Oct. 2, but it wasn't there. I told her they were losing a lot of sales.  She in turn told her district manager about the interest, as he is the one who must approve anything that is to be ordered.  I mean she called their distributor and was told that she would have to go through her DM, which she did. Don't know when it will get here but at least I know she ordered it for me. 

Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
                               Charlotte Whitten
bob c

North Carolina

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 06:24AM »

Just received .....ordered from the Celtic Woman Official Store .....no problems ......about 10 days for delivery I guess.

It's great !!

Bob

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 08:37AM »

Rego Records will be my source for CW cd's and a lot of other celtic music when I can't find it at Borders or Barnes & Noble.

here in Arizona, I have found that unless it is Country or Hispanic, it doesn't really exist.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 04:39AM »

The main screen of the DVD must've been a mystery to me.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
orlafallonfan

Dont ask me any question unless your my age! (14)

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 09:45PM »

i got mine on Oct.1  

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 05:58AM »

That disc sure is kinda pure golden.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 07:00AM »

I let the music representative in my Wal-Mart know how much the Christmas dvd was in demand nation wide.  It was shown as being one of the new releases on Oct. 2, but it wasn't there. I told her they were losing a lot of sales.  She in turn told her district manager about the interest, as he is the one who must approve anything that is to be ordered.  I mean she called their distributor and was told that she would have to go through her DM, which she did. Don't know when it will get here but at least I know she ordered it for me. 

I basically told the people at the local Wal-Mart (superstore) the same thing and was simply informed that they "don't expect the Christmas stuff for a while."    Now, keep in mind, there were already Christmas trees and decorations being put up on the other side of the store, so I just shrugged, said that I personally know of at least 5 or more that would have been purchased as soon as people found out they were in.  The girl looked at me like I didn't have a clue, then I commented about the fact I (a) used to work in the electronics department of their competition in town and (b) that I currently work in a movie rental store so I know about responding to the interests of the customers.

She just turned to another employee who seemed to actually be paying attention, so I shrugged and walked away.  As of today, the DVD is still not in the local store, however I have personally ordered, and received, not only my own, but ones for three of my neighbors, through Amazon.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: