Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which DVD Should I get?  (Read 5567 times)
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 07:14AM »

Don't forget the Christmas DVDs! I know we have Easter at the moment, but they are lovely the whole year round. I think CW's Christmas songs are their best. Tongue

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 11:35AM »

Don't forget the Christmas DVDs! I know we have Easter at the moment, but they are lovely the whole year round. I think CW's Christmas songs are their best. Tongue
  AGREED  !    Cool

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 02:43PM »

Get BELIEVE so you can see me. Wink
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2014, 07:45PM »

Too many  to choose from! 
I think I would start with Emerald and work backwards.

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
isle of hope
Total Fanatic

Máiréad rocks!

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2014, 08:14PM »

A New Journey.  Cheesy

Bring me your peace, and my wounds, they will heal.
Eric90

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 04:56PM »

OK I've decided to get both "A New Journey" and "Believe"

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 06:19PM »

OK I've decided to get "Believe"

100% chance of falling more in love with Lisa Lambe or your money back. Cheesy

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 06:41PM »

OK I've decided to get both "A New Journey" and "Believe"
   ...also  a  chance  to  fall  in  love with  Meav  too.    Her   ANJ  "Danny  Boy"   will  move  your  heart  and  soul.     Kiss 

Eric90

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2014, 03:25PM »

...also  a  chance  to  fall  in  love with  Meav  too.    Her   ANJ  "Danny  Boy"   will  move  your  heart  and  soul

I know, I love her version of Danny Boy. It's the definitive version of that song for me every time I hear a different version of it I'll say "nope not better then Meav's" I didn't really like the newer version they did for Emerald but it grew on me too so I like both but Meav's is still better lol

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2014, 05:31PM »

...also  a  chance  to  fall  in  love with  Meav  too.    Her   ANJ  "Danny  Boy"   will  move  your  heart  and  soul

I know, I love her version of Danny Boy. It's the definitive version of that song for me every time I hear a different version of it I'll say "nope not better then Meav's" I didn't really like the newer version they did for Emerald but it grew on me too so I like both but Meav's is still better lol
    Wink       

Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 09:19PM »

What's interesting about the one you have (Emerald) is that it's really the first time a random tour stop was filmed and released. All of the other DVDs were made-for-DVD events. Everything is bigger - bigger sets, bigger band/orchestra, bigger choir. And at least one more vocal soloist, in most of them.

The Helix show is great to see how it all started, and experience the original cast. A New Journey is my all-time favorite, and the only time there were 5 vocalists. Too many all-time classic songs in that one to list. The castle in background is awesome, and there's just something about an outdoor show that's cool. The Greatest Journey (a kind of "Greatest hits" compilation) has a mix of songs from the first two, and a documentary as bonus content. You could start with that one to get a feel for both shows in one. Songs from the Heart was a huge production, too - different castle. The only DVD with Lynn and Alex as part of the cast. Lots of classics in that show as well. Believe was the first one filmed in the US, and doesn't have quite as much of a traditional celtic feel - more pop songs. Although that was the first appearance of Teir Abhaile Riu, only without the "Singing Fight." And of course, it has our L'il Lambe singing "A Spaceman Came Traveling."  Grin

So after all that, I have no idea which one you should get first  Cheesy   but you really can't go wrong with any of them. I also like James' idea of going in chronological order.

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
Eric90

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 09:56PM »

What's interesting about the one you have (Emerald) is that it's really the first time a random tour stop was filmed and released

that's probably what makes it so good and also cause it's probably such a fun show to go.

Believe was the first one filmed in the US, and doesn't have quite as much of a traditional celtic feel - more pop songs

yeah I took that into consideration so I got Believe and A New Journey so it's like a good mix of something old with something new

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: