Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What a soothing voice  (Read 5231 times)
Eric90

« on: April 24, 2014, 07:33PM »

I love her voice she is a great Celtic Woman her voice is instantly recognizable, her performance of  "Caledonia"  won me over, a song that I had previously overlooked. she poured honesty and everything she had into that song and I fell lol. and she seems so at peace when she's singing.

MarcusWongAUS
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 08:45PM »

I love her voice she is a great Celtic Woman her voice is instantly recognizable, her performance of  "Caledonia"  won me over, a song that I had previously overlooked. she poured honesty and everything she had into that song and I fell lol. and she seems so at peace when she's singing.
I remember seeing her perform Caledonia in Sydney, and what really struck me, was how much she was enjoying herself. She clearly loves performing, it's not something that anybody can fake. Her voice is stunning, but so is her expression and her movements. I think people underrate her performances sometimes because they don't consider it as a whole.

26/6/10 Westfield Penrith
23/10/10 Sydney Entertainment Centre
21/12/11 Boettcher Concert Hall
18/8/12 Macquarie Centre
17/1/14 Sydney Entertainment Centre
9/2/18 Darling Harbour Theatre
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 08:23AM »

Absolutely! That's what I love about Susan! She reminds me so much of Alex! The both of them just pour their heart and soul into their songs. I cannot wait to hear her sing Moon live!
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 09:39AM »

Her version of Moon's a Harsh Mistress is gorgeous. She does throw everything into her songs, and she clearly loves what she's doing.
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 09:54AM »

In a recent article, she said something very interesting. Because of her musical theater background, she said one of the things she's had to get used to with CW is performing as herself, as opposed to a character. Perhaps what we're all seeing is that she's getting more comfortable with that.  Smiley

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 09:02PM »

Oh undoubtedly! Her performance in 2013 was massively improved over 2012. She's been wonderful. But I think having a more familiar song with special meaning to her individually, Caledonia, really helped her to grow and improve.
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 12:45PM »

I totally agree about her having a soothing voice..
whenever I listen to her perform, I close my eyes, and she give me chills...
There's something about her voice that just touches me.. it's hard to explain..

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 09:09PM »

I know exactly what you mean - I felt the same phenomenon with Lisa Kelly's voice. I've always said that every song she sung sounded like a lullaby to me.

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 09:12PM »

I know exactly what you mean - I felt the same phenomenon with Lisa Kelly's voice. I've always said that every song she sung sounded like a lullaby to me.
  I  get  the  same  feeling  with  "you  know  who" ......   Roll Eyes   

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 12:24PM »

I  get  the  same  feeling  with  "you  know  who" ......   Roll Eyes   

haha I wonder who you could be talking about..  Tongue

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: