Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Internet Troll Insulted Meav  (Read 13794 times)
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« on: May 05, 2014, 10:38PM »

I  had  recently  posted  one  of  Meav's  Divnas    U-Tube  features    in  a  classical crossover  FB  group.  Initially the  person  liked  her  singing  and  the  backing  orchestra, but  later  made  a  snide  comment   about  how  a  " woman  that  size  shouldn't  wear  a  dress  that  size "  ( referring  to  that  gorgeous , blue one  strap ensemble at  Chambord Castle)    .   Angry   You  all know  that  I  would  defend  any  of  our   Celtic  Cuties ,  but    you  can  imagine  my  rage  and  incredulity at   MEAV  being  dissed  in  any  way!   Usually I  am an  objective  person ,  but  not  for  that !  I  wanted  to bash  heads  and  take  numbers. I  didn't  know  how  to  respond  to  that.  I  know  about  previous  advice  about  these  Trolls   wanting  my  kind  of  reaction...but  I  couldn't  help  it  this  time.   Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry      Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad         Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry       IT  HURTS !    Cry Cry Cry Cry   

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 05:46AM »

Such things make me angry  Angry

But what I don't understand is... I mean, I know Mèav is of the curvacious kind (I love that!!!) but she looked unusually thin at Chambord... I would understand that comment on another clip (though it would make me just as angry!!!) but I don't get the sense here...

Edit: and I wonder about such a commet on a Classical Crossover fanpage. The fans are usually used to larger singers. The comment is more YouTube style...

reminds of a comment on Chloe

first person: "She must be an angel"

second person: "No, she's too fat, she could only be a cherub!!!"
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 05:55AM by ShiningBright » Logged

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 05:52AM »

Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Embarrassed That's really disturbing! Whoever has caused the insult must have a time out.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 07:32AM »

Sometimes, the things that the trolls say are so preposterous, they can't possibly even believe it themselves. They're only saying it to make people angry, because they get some sort of sick enjoyment out of it. There's no sense in even trying to understand it. It just makes you angrier, which is what they want to happen.

It seems to be getting worse, too. I was reading a sports column the other day, and two commenters got into a nasty, name-calling argument that went on for pages and pages. About sports - something that's supposed to be fun. The relative anonymity that the Web provides seems to bring out the absolute worst in people.

I'm glad we have someplace to go (here) to get away from all that. Sorry they upset you, brother.  Sad

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 08:06AM »

Well said, Traveller.

Well, I think many of them do that to feel better themselves. They call others "ugly" to feel "pretty". Or "big" to feel "thin", in this case.

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 11:19AM »

Trolls exist solely to make people mad and because they're hiding behind a computer screen, they think they can spout out whatever they want.  As long as you ignore them and carry on like you didn't see their comment, they won't get that satisfaction.  I guarantee that the vast majority of them wouldn't have the guts to say those things in real life conversation.  

That being said, I really am getting sick of people attacking a woman's weight/figure/clothes/etc.  That's a huge contributor to why there are so many girls struggling with body and self-esteem issues.  Sorry, got a little off topic there but I felt that it needed to be said.  Sad
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 12:01PM »

That's horrible. I absolutely LOVE Méav's body; I think she has a very beautiful body! How dare he/she insult her initially like that. Angry
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 04:23PM »

I'll say! It's a disgrace!

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 05:37PM »

As others have said, the only way to deal with an Internet troll is to ignore them.  Any kind of response (other than just deleting their comment without saying anything in reply) is exactly what they want.  It's been that way since AOL was the Internet and the only other chat rooms were 2Chan and 4Chan.

Trolls gonna troll.
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 05:39PM »

Don't feed the trolls. Doing so gives them what they want.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 05:43PM »

Such things make me angry  Angry

But what I don't understand is... I mean, I know Mèav is of the curvacious kind (I love that!!!) but she looked unusually thin at Chambord... I would understand that comment on another clip (though it would make me just as angry!!!) but I don't get the sense here...

Edit: and I wonder about such a commet on a Classical Crossover fanpage. The fans are usually used to larger singers. The comment is more YouTube style...

reminds of a comment on Chloe

first person: "She must be an angel"

second person: "No, she's too fat, she could only be a cherub!!!"
 This  morning when  I  left  for  work,  the offensive  posts  had  been  deleted- probably  by  the  fan page  moderator, I'm  thinking. At  least  the  one  in charge  was  watching.  I  forgot  to  add  that  one  other  person added  to  the  first  comment  by  saying   that  "they  should be  ashamed of  themselves" .  I'm  guessing   that   meant  the  one(s)     responsible for  designing  the  dress ?   Insult  to injury  there.   Angry   You  are  right....these  kind  of  remarks  are  usually  reserved  for  U-Tube.  Also, there  was  the  usual  jibe  about   CW  lip synching...even  though  the  Divinas  have  nothing  to  do  with  CW.  It  just  goes  to show how little  those  cads  knew.  

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 05:47PM »

Trolls exist solely to make people mad and because they're hiding behind a computer screen, they think they can spout out whatever they want.  As long as you ignore them and carry on like you didn't see their comment, they won't get that satisfaction.  I guarantee that the vast majority of them wouldn't have the guts to say those things in real life conversation.  

That being said, I really am getting sick of people attacking a woman's weight/figure/clothes/etc.  That's a huge contributor to why there are so many girls struggling with body and self-esteem issues.  Sorry, got a little off topic there but I felt that it needed to be said.  Sad
   I  was  actually  thinking the  same  thing. I  support  a  few  young  aspiring  soprano  singers on  FB  in  their  late teens  and  early   20s who  are just  starting  out  in  the  biz. I  fear  eventually  this kind  of thing  will catch  up  to  them  too.   Sad

White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 05:49PM »

Doesn't matter if they're in the biz or not. Unfortunately it's everywhere.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 05:52PM »

There seems to be a small, but very determined number of people who just go around the Internet looking for a way to insult anyone or anything related to CW.  From some work that I and another member here have done, it seems the majority of it comes from one Facebook page and its leader, who's only goal in life seems to be to destroy CW.

They troll forums, post on various news sites' comment sections, hit the blogs, Facebook, Twitter to a lesser degree, and of course live on YouTube.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 05:55PM »

I  want  to  thank  everyone  for  their  support  in this  matter.  It  had  me  so  upset  that, that's the  way  I went  to  bed  and  I  woke  up  that way at  first forgetting  why  I  was  upset  and  remembering  as  I woke  up  more.     Chandler...I agree... I  think  Meav is  gorgeous  in  face  and  body  too.     Kimberly....  Yes  Kimberly...it  is  a  disgrace.   It  hurt  extra  because  you  all know  how  much  I love  Sweet  Lady  Meav.     Cry  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: