Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Voice of Ireland Review  (Read 2210 times)
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« on: May 12, 2014, 04:31PM »

There were two opening acts.  James Casto, a piano player and an Irish Ceili Band. The show started off with Scott coming out and introducing himself and how everything came together.  He thanked some people but most of all he thanked us the fans for being such great supporters and that none of this would have been possible without us. He then let the band come out and left the stage. 
The band and backup singers started and Lisa singing May It Be but it was just an intro because Lisa came out and they transitioned into She Moved Thru the Fair. She then talked to us for a while and introduced the band members. She joked about the rain and how it never failed to rain for an outdoor event and it really must be an Irish thing because it always rained for an outdoor concert.  She then went on to sing Caledonia and I was so excited because I have missed her singing that song. The next song she had to explain because when she toured with CW, she always wanted to sing this song and for some reason she had the title wrong for years. She thought it was Summer Flowers but instead it was Summer Fly and it wasn’t until she was teaching her student the song was when she realized the mistake. Cheesy I knew this song because of Hayley doing a version. Next she sang “For Good” and I couldn’t believe she was singing this song! Then Chloe came out to sing with her and it was amazing! Of course it started to rain during the song and everyone put on their ponchos and jackets. Chloe said that ever since she heard that song, she’s always wanted to sing it with Lisa and there was no way they weren’t going to! Chloe then introduced the next song, “Hero”, and she did a great job.  Lisa came back out and asked “Is it still raining? Are you getting wet?” LOL She then had to apologize in advance to all the parents out there for this next song because this song has probably been sung so many times. She said her students sang it all the time, there was no way she couldn’t sing it tonight, she’d be in trouble if she didn’t lol The song was “Let It Go”, a mix of Idina and Demi’s versions. She did a really good job at it.  Lisa introduced Paul and explained how they had met. He came out and joked about the rain and the Irish. He sang Danny Boy. It was nice hearing a male sing it.  Next was the song “Wake Me Up” by Avicii. This was a fun song as Scott came out to dance with them. Then there was a violin solo. It sorta sounded like The Butterfly but who knows.  Lisa came back out and sang “My Heart Will Go On”. She said that Scott always wanted her to sing that song and she dedicated the song to him.  Chloe then came out and started “Isle of Hope”. Paul and Lisa with the Academy students came out to join them. It was very moving. Then there was 15 minute intermission.
The second half started and out comes Lisa singing “The Voice”! It was only fitting for the occasion. Lisa then said the next song we would have to help her and all the peope in the front would be able to help those in the back since we all knew what song she was talking about. Chloe came out and “Green Grow the Rushes” was sung. Chloe stayed on stage to sing “Ave Maria”.  “Fields of Gold” was next. I was so glad Lisa sang that song as I had longed to hear her sing it again. Paul then sang “Bring Him Home” from Les Mis. He did a really great job at it! Then everyone came back out to sing “Tell Me Ma” I had only heard Gaelic Storm’s version of this song. The girls were on the left side and the boys were on the right. Jack did a dance number with a girl the same age.  It was a cute version.  After that Lisa talked about Mother’s Day and how lucky she was that her Mom and family could come and see her tonight. She then said she was only fitting to sing “The Blessing” for all the Mother’s in the audience. Paul came back out and they sang “Moondance” together. Aaron was next and was tap dancing when Scott came out and they started trying to out dance each other. At one point after Scott had danced, he said “come on! You’re in my town now!” LOL it was really funny. Aaron looked like he was going to start again but didn’t. It was a great dance off. Lisa then sang “Over the Rainbow”. It was a lovely version. Next Lisa said those words we all dread. That the show was coming to an end, to which we all protested. Everyone came out to sing “You Raise Me Up”. Then Lisa exited and Chloe and Scott kept us entertained for a minute as Lisa came running back out in back leggings, her Academy shirt and bare feet! Cheesy She sang “Happy” and it was great to see her interact with the kids. They all exited and Aaron came and did a quick tapping.
The show was exactly how I had imagined it, very relaxed, laid back, and easy going. Totally different from a CW show.  At one point when Lisa was talking to us she said “Sorry I’m standing on my dress” LOL

Thanks Lindsey
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: