Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Exploring America a treat for newest Celtic Woman  (Read 10309 times)
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« on: May 14, 2014, 09:48PM »

The last time Mairead Carlin came through Charleston, she was a rather newly-minted member of Irish folk band Celtic Woman. The twenty-something from Northern Ireland was staring wide-eyed at her first American tour and looking forward to visiting the Grand Canyon with her parents, who were coming in special to see her perform at The Venetian in Las Vegas.

“It was just incredible,” she said. “It was very emotional. My mom came backstage. I think it was the first time she realized I’d grown up.”

That was six months and many, many miles ago — not that Carlin is remotely complaining. She’s having the time of her life.

“It’s been completely amazing if I’m being completely honest,” the singer said. “Sometimes I catch myself and can’t believe I’m actually here.”

On Friday night, Carlin and Celtic Woman return to Charleston and the Clay Center for a second helping of Celtic, folk and some contemporary music. However, Carlin said the show would be different than what people saw in December when the group performed with the West Virginia Symphony Orchestra.

“We do have quite a lot of fast numbers in this show,” she said.

The quartet is also showing off its band.

“The four of us are Celtic Woman,” she said. “But there’s a lot more that goes into it than just us. We have an amazing band.”

Which, she said, is being utilized more for this tour — a treat for fans of Celtic and folk music.

“They’re such an integral part of the show,” she said. “They’ve got their own numbers, which is really cool and very percussive.”

There’s also more play with the crowd and some dancing, she added.

“It’s very, very physical. Maybe before, there would have been a lot of beautiful singing, which is what Celtic Woman is known for — beautiful arrangements of these gorgeous airs, but now we’re down on the floor; we’re interacting with the audience.

“So yeah, it’s a very exciting show.”

http://www.wvgazette.com/article/20140514/GZ0601/140519588/1419

More @ the link.
Eric90

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 07:46PM »

Lol I caught the part where she talked about 420 day lol i hope none of them partook in it though, even though there is nothing  wrong with it, I just don't see any of the Celtic Women doing that sort of thing it seems so unbecoming, kinda hypocritical of me to think that though even though I see pics of them holding pints of Guinness and think "oh that's fine they're Irish" lol

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: