Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW Concerts vs others?  (Read 11667 times)
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« on: April 15, 2007, 03:09PM »

Undecided Here's my dilemma and how do others of you feel about this?

I go to a fair number of concerts, roughly 6 to 8 per year. I just came off of 4 CELTIC WOMAN concerts in a row, all in March 2007. I am now seeing Martina McBride (again, for the third time) this Friday night (04/20/07) at Mohegan Sun Arena here in CT. As I know and I'm sure some of you also know, Martina is one talented, dynamic singer as well. My problem is and I hate to even think like this but, I used to get excited about going to see Martina live in concert. Now, with her show only five days away, I'm just not that excited. I'm still going, yes. But, it almost seems like, I hate to say it but, everything else kind of pales in comparison to seeing CELTIC WOMAN live in concert. I do have to say that of all the concerts I've ever attended, I truly enjoyed seeing CELTIC WOMAN live more than anyone else.

Do any of you attend many other concerts and how do you feel about these other shows versus the CW concerts? Is it just me?

Peace to all ... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
fireyred09
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 03:32PM »

Bill,

I have the same problem. (Well, I don't know that I'd call it a problem, really...   Wink )

I'm sure many of you have heard of the hit musical Wicked! I saw it last year when it came to my area and was absolutely excited to see it. It was almost to me then what Celtic Woman is to me now...but not quite!

Well, Wicked! is back in town, and I'm going to see it this Thursday.

...and I could really care less.  Undecided

This is partially due to the fact that I used to be very into theatre and since the last time I saw the show, I've grown away from theatrics. But it also has to do with the fact that 6 days after Wicked, I'm seeing Celtic Woman. And for the past 2 1/2 months, that's all I've been looking forward to! I even went to the Florida Keys about a month ago and I was more excited about Celtic Woman than that! (That's not to say I didn't have an awesome time in Florida, mind you!)

I don't know if Celtic Woman lowers our interest in other things. I think it might just be that we love Celtic Woman more. And maybe it is the first of the two. But whichever, I guess I'm just going to go along for the ride because Celtic Woman is truly amazing!

Lately, I have been trying to make sure I listen to other music and keep other interests up because A. I want to be able to enjoy other things as well as CW, and B. I don't want to overload on CW and start to dislike them! (Although, I'm not sure this is possible because its been 3 months of nothing-but-Celtic-Woman and I'm not tired of it yet!)

I'm sure you'll have fun seeing Martina. She's a great singer, too. Maybe not as great as Celtic Woman, but she's still good none-the-less! Plus, it's good to have a wide variety of interests.

Hope I was of some sort of help...

Katie

Oh, and by the way, Bill, I got my username spelled correctly  Wink
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 03:37PM by fieryred09 » Logged
Siobhan
Total Fanatic

Everywhere you go, let your dreams surround you

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 03:36PM »

I've attended several other concerts, including Tom Petty and other music legends.  While those were awesome concerts, I had way more fun at Celtic Woman.  I knew ALL the words, not just some of them, I was closer to the stage, and it was the first concert I've been to purely for my *own* enjoyment and not because my family liked them, too.  It was the first concert I've been to where I did not wonder "When is it going to be over?" When intermission lights came on, I thought briefly in panic "It can't be over, not yet!" It's the best concert I've ever been to.

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
Texas Chava

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 04:20PM »

I'm basically in the same boat.  I am HUGELY disappointed though because CW is NOT coming through Texas this time around.  I'm planning on going to Baton Rouge, LA and I'm very excited!  I also have tickets to see Stevie Nicks on June 2nd.  I would be totally ready for that in the past, but now I'm much more excited about CW!!!

Banner by Scott
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 04:38PM »

I'm basically in the same boat.  I am HUGELY disappointed though because CW is NOT coming through Texas this time around.  I'm planning on going to Baton Rouge, LA and I'm very excited!  I also have tickets to see Stevie Nicks on June 2nd.  I would be totally ready for that in the past, but now I'm much more excited about CW!!!

EXACTLY Chava. That's what I mean. Stevie Nicks is here too. Where not long ago, I would have been all over her tickets for her concert here. Now, I didn't even bother. I thought about it. I had my fingers on the keyboard and then the lovely ladies of CELTIC WOMAN popped into my head, along with their stunningly beautiful voices and beautiful thoughts of the four times I just saw them in March and, I didn't bother with the tickets for Stevie Nicks. I just, didn't bother. I guess I thought, how could it possibly be anything near what I just saw from these six beautiful Angels? I didn't bother. Normally, I would have been all over that concert too. And that's what I mean about this Martina McBride concert too. I love Martina. Always have, always will. And although I'm sure I will enjoy it, I still can't seem to think how it could possibly come close to the Heaven I experienced those four nights with CW.

Peace to all ... Bill

Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 04:40PM »

I'd have to say the audience at Celtic Woman concerts are more...controlled than at, say, a Josh Groban concert. My ears will never forgive me for that one...

CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 04:53PM »

I'd have to say the audience at Celtic Woman concerts are more...controlled than at, say, a Josh Groban concert. My ears will never forgive me for that one...

No flip, you're right. They are (more controlled at CW shows). I can tell you that first hand having just attended four CW concerts last month. When I saw the Chicks (as in Dixie) down in Nashville back on 12/01/06, that was not a subdued, quiet or controlled crowd. The crowd, not The Chicks, blew the eardrums out of the sides of my head. My ears are still ringing from that one! Lord knows I know the difference, for sure.

Peace to all ... Bill

Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 04:55PM »

The ear reference was, indeed, to the crowd and not the quality of the performance. (or the possible reactions of the people here, for that matter)

fireyred09
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 07:41PM »

Really? I would think that a Josh concert would have a better crowd than most. PM me about it?
jsharp

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 11:38PM »

The ear reference was, indeed, to the crowd and not the quality of the performance. (or the possible reactions of the people here, for that matter)

Are you talking about Elvis/Beatles/Backstreet Boys, squealing teen, "Omigosh it's Josh!!!" noise or sing-along noise?

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott

flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 06:06AM »

Do any of you attend many other concerts and how do you feel about these other shows versus the CW concerts? Is it just me?

Peace to all ... Bill[/color][/b]
[/quote]

I have attended over 200 concerts including Martina McBride's last tour. The  best concerts (in my opinion) were the late 1960's and 1970's Elvis Presley shows. The CW concert I attended April 3rd was the second best I have ever seen. EP and CW are the only two that have really touched me in an unexplainable way. You just love these girls to pieces but you don't know exactly why.

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 07:33AM »

I am HUGELY disappointed though because CW is NOT coming through Texas this time around. 

I also have tickets to see Stevie Nicks on June 2nd.  I would be totally ready for that in the past, but now I'm much more excited about CW!!!

First, "if you're gonna play in Texas, ya gotta have a fiddle in the band" oh CW DOES have a fiddle, so I don't understand that either lol

Second, I also was once a BIG Stevie Nicks fan. But, to be honest, her talent was more a total show / image than voice. And her voice seems to have gotten worse over time. Even in her prime she didnt match up even close to CW in vocal talent. And really her movies on stage were similar to CW in that they were simple yet very effective. So, to be honest, I too would be more excited about CW than Stevie, though I think I would still go to her show.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 07:37AM »

Um.. CW is the best concert that I have been to so far!

Thanks Lindsey
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 05:11PM »

Well, I keep saying the same thing. No one I've seen live in concert in the past and I really do have to say no one, even comes close to the beautiful ladies of Celtic Woman live in concert. They are the best. I can honestly, honestly say I enjoy them more than anyone else. Doesn't mean I don't (still) love Martina, Shania, Sara Evans, Faith Hill, etc, but ... no one comes close to CW. And, if that weren't enough, I can't imagine how anyone ever will either! Yeah, I'm glad I'm getting to see Martina in concert again (04-20-07). It's two and a half years now since the last time I saw her live. But yet, after seeing CW live four times, I'm just not as excited about it as I used to be.

By the way, I appreciate all your replies here to my topic. Gives me some different angles, some different ways of looking at this 'dilemma' of mine. Thank you all.

... Bill

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007, 05:14PM »

not sure about other concerts...but my vacation to Vegas, at the end of May, usually I am just beside myself with excitement. Yea I am for May 23rd at Red Rocks  Grin, but....other than that, just having a nice vacation from work, I just am not excited lol...hmmm...maybe if I take some CW with me...lay by the pool and just...Flow with the Orinoco Flow.. Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: