Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW Concerts vs others?  (Read 11670 times)
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 05:30PM »

not sure about other concerts...but my vacation to Vegas, at the end of May, usually I am just beside myself with excitement. Yea I am for May 23rd at Red Rocks  Grin, but....other than that, just having a nice vacation from work, I just am not excited lol...hmmm...maybe if I take some CW with me...lay by the pool and just...Flow with the Orinoco Flow.. Cheesy

Take some CW with you on your vacation Melwood. I guarantee it will help ease the pain of being on vacation. And, it's the next best thing to actually being with these six lovely, talented ladies.

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
CTofer

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 07:17PM »

I would agree with those of you who feel that way, that while other performers are so very wonderful, it's not quite the same as going to a CW concert.
    To toss in a few more personal thoughts along these lines, I'd like to share a bit of my own CW 'testimonial'. Up until a year and a half ago, I would never have imagined myself singling out one group/performer as my 'all time favorite'.  I'm a person with very eclectic musical tastes. I love Martina McBride also, as well as other contemporary country artists such as Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks. But I also enjoy many other different musical soloists and groups such as Creed, Evanescence, Diana Krall, Elton John, Elvis Presley, Billy Joel, Nat King Cole, Natalie Cole, Rod Stewart, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Alison Krauss and Union Station......Not to mention Broadway musicals such as "Les Miserables" and movie soundtracks like "Gettysburg" and "Hunt For Red October".  That love of many different genres and flavors of music will never change.
    But as far as actually seeing someone in concert, that is certainly a whole different ballgame, and it is there that I wholeheartedly agree with you all.  Maybe I will feel differently at some point down the road, but I just really love CW concerts so much more than other concerts. Actually, 'more' isn't even the right word.....'differently' I guess is a better description. I've been fortunate enough to meet the girls a few times and, like some of you folks out there, I've been following them pretty much since the beginning when they first began touring.  So I guess I would say they mean more to me personally. To some small degree, I've invested a part of my life in them, and not just in a monetary way like I have all the other performers and groups I enjoy. At this point, I can say I would never have traveled to the different places I have for any other performer out there, or at least it would never have occurred to me to travel to see anyone else. Because of CW, I've been to such wonderful venues such as Red Rocks Amphitheatre which is absolutely beautiful and spectacular and Radio City Music Hall which is staid and elegant, and yet has a tinge of raucousness about it, sitting there on a corner of bustling Manhattan. In traveling to see them at those venues, I have been to some great cities and places that I may never have otherwise felt a reason to go see. One night last week, I was mentally ticking off in my mind how many CW concerts I've been to and was semi-stunned to realize I've been to 8 thus far. Eight! And I know there are others out there who have seen more even then that. Were it any other group, I would have stopped at 3 or 4 concerts and figured I was done.  I would have honestly felt it a real burden to travel yet again for another George Jones or Alabama concert.  But with CW, it's never ceased to excite me if I know I'm going to see them again. It's always been a genuine joy, a real thrill to go. I love sitting down next to someone and whether it's just before the concert or at intermission, I'll ask someone next to me if they've been to a concert before. At the past three or four concerts I've been to, I've sat next to someone who is seeing them for the first time live and each time, they've just been blown away and thrilled. It's almost like Christmas for me, in the respect that knowing what's coming and knowing that if they enjoyed what they've seen on their PBS stations or what they've heard on a CD, they're just going to absolutely love what they're about to see. 
    I don't know what it is, but there's just been something about CW from the beginning that has just been so very different, so very special. I suppose we can pick out the different people, the different parts of CW, whether it's one of the girls, or the music that's been written.  But the fact of the matter is, a CW concert is an experience that seems to universally touch people with hundreds if not thousands of different music tastes the same way: once you've seen and heard them for yourself in concert, you know you've experienced something special and you'll never forget it.
Celtic_Kit

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 07:33PM »

I know what you mean. I am going to the Denver concert and a week later I am flying to Ireland. I am not sure which event I am more excited about.

My family thinks I am nuts.

Could be...
fireyred09
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 07:41PM »

Celtic Woman and then Ireland?!

If I had that opportunity, I don't know what I'd do with myself! That's like the ulimate Irish experience!

Have a wonderful time!
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 04:20PM »

I would agree with those of you who feel that way, that while other performers are so very wonderful, it's not quite the same as going to a CW concert.
    To toss in a few more personal thoughts along these lines, I'd like to share a bit of my own CW 'testimonial'. Up until a year and a half ago, I would never have imagined myself singling out one group/performer as my 'all time favorite'.  I'm a person with very eclectic musical tastes. I love Martina McBride also, as well as other contemporary country artists such as Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks. But I also enjoy many other different musical soloists and groups such as Creed, Evanescence, Diana Krall, Elton John, Elvis Presley, Billy Joel, Nat King Cole, Natalie Cole, Rod Stewart, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Alison Krauss and Union Station......Not to mention Broadway musicals such as "Les Miserables" and movie soundtracks like "Gettysburg" and "Hunt For Red October".  That love of many different genres and flavors of music will never change.
    But as far as actually seeing someone in concert, that is certainly a whole different ballgame, and it is there that I wholeheartedly agree with you all.  Maybe I will feel differently at some point down the road, but I just really love CW concerts so much more than other concerts. Actually, 'more' isn't even the right word.....'differently' I guess is a better description. I've been fortunate enough to meet the girls a few times and, like some of you folks out there, I've been following them pretty much since the beginning when they first began touring.  So I guess I would say they mean more to me personally. To some small degree, I've invested a part of my life in them, and not just in a monetary way like I have all the other performers and groups I enjoy. At this point, I can say I would never have traveled to the different places I have for any other performer out there, or at least it would never have occurred to me to travel to see anyone else. Because of CW, I've been to such wonderful venues such as Red Rocks Amphitheatre which is absolutely beautiful and spectacular and Radio City Music Hall which is staid and elegant, and yet has a tinge of raucousness about it, sitting there on a corner of bustling Manhattan. In traveling to see them at those venues, I have been to some great cities and places that I may never have otherwise felt a reason to go see. One night last week, I was mentally ticking off in my mind how many CW concerts I've been to and was semi-stunned to realize I've been to 8 thus far. Eight! And I know there are others out there who have seen more even then that. Were it any other group, I would have stopped at 3 or 4 concerts and figured I was done.  I would have honestly felt it a real burden to travel yet again for another George Jones or Alabama concert.  But with CW, it's never ceased to excite me if I know I'm going to see them again. It's always been a genuine joy, a real thrill to go. I love sitting down next to someone and whether it's just before the concert or at intermission, I'll ask someone next to me if they've been to a concert before. At the past three or four concerts I've been to, I've sat next to someone who is seeing them for the first time live and each time, they've just been blown away and thrilled. It's almost like Christmas for me, in the respect that knowing what's coming and knowing that if they enjoyed what they've seen on their PBS stations or what they've heard on a CD, they're just going to absolutely love what they're about to see. 
    I don't know what it is, but there's just been something about CW from the beginning that has just been so very different, so very special. I suppose we can pick out the different people, the different parts of CW, whether it's one of the girls, or the music that's been written.  But the fact of the matter is, a CW concert is an experience that seems to universally touch people with hundreds if not thousands of different music tastes the same way: once you've seen and heard them for yourself in concert, you know you've experienced something special and you'll never forget it.

Thank you Christopher. Very well put. And yes certainly, there is something very different and very special about CW concerts. I know TOO many people, right now, who have never attended a CW concert and they can't begin to figure out what all the fuss is about. I keep telling them, simply ... "you have no idea of what you're missing out on".

Thanks kindly ... Bill

... Bill

Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 04:30PM »

I did the opposite! Went to Ireland then went to CW!

Thanks Lindsey
Celtic_Kit

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 08:24PM »

Really? How was it? Where did you go? What did you see? Was it great?

Kit
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2007, 05:42PM »

As I told Katie earlier today, for any of those wondering, Martina McBride was very, very good in concert last night (Friday 04/20/07) at Mohegan Sun Arena here in CT. Third time I've seen her and I would have to say this third show was considerably better than the first two. Course those two concerts were two and a half years ago, so that much time has elapsed since seeing her last. But she was in perfect form, beautiful, beautiful stage sets and lighting. Seems to have added a musician or two. New girl, I'm not familiar with, on fiddle, mandolin and accoustic guitar. But she was extremely good. Eight band members, including Martina. Really a very good show. Loud though. This one was LOUD. My ears are still ringing from it, 20 hours later. We were close to the stage though - Floor Section 5 - Row A so we had really decent seats. Overall, excellent concert put on by Martina and Co. No regrets here. (But a loud one though. Whew! They probably could have backed off on the volumn just a tad).

But, still, not as good as the four CW concerts I attended though. I can't see anyone, in my opinion anyway, topping CW. Just my opinion.

... Bill

melle mel

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2007, 10:10PM »

I haven't been to a major concert before, save for the many high school jazz bands and orchestra. Until this year, since now that I have a job I can afford to attend the major shows. I have two shows lined-up between May and June - Celtic Woman and The Police.

The hottest ensemble of five beautiful female vocalists and a breathtaking fiddle player vs. my childhood legendary rock heroes which I will finally get to see them live and raw. I don't know which of the two to be more excited about, but it will be a heck of a year of concerts for me.
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 05:21PM »

Enjoy melle mel ... enjoy. I trust you will love CW in concert. I've been to a ton of concerts over the years but I can honestly say I enjoyed seeing the lovely and incredibly talented ladies of CW more, more, MORE than anyone else I've ever seen!

... Bill

logalogalog

Remember the Fallen. Freedom is not free.

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2007, 05:01PM »

I've seen the Canadian Brass in concert four times.They never dissapoint.And the coolest thing is:No Meet and Greet passes are needed.They've done Lobby singings at all four concerts that I've been to.
(FYI:This is the ONLY group that I listen to as much as Celtic Woman)

They are fantastic musicians and very warm out-going individuals.

Also,I get to attend about 3 or 4 Chicago Symphony Orchestra concerts a year.As long as they've got brass,I'm up for it!

To answer the topic's question,I get the same awesome feeling at these concerts as I got when I saw Celtic Woman live.

Serving during Operation Iraqi Freedom
Lisa_is_my_idol!!!!

Hoping to meet Lisa one fine day

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2007, 07:38PM »

last year i went to the 971 birthday bash (a radio station in utah) and saw jessica simpson and a couple others, but the just dont even come close to measure up with Celti Woman

McIrish

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2007, 08:30PM »

Guys,You are all"right on"! That's from the 70's & I'm not even close to that!!! To try to simplify,many of those you mention shout,yell,&cry OUT OF TUNE!! Many don't understand why they like or dislike a group or individual more,or less.And I usually don't even try to explain, because it would take forever! It's not something you learn over immediately,except for Mairead,who has perfect pitch,but years & years of listening to soloists & groups either performing "in tune or out of tune"a term i've not heard in over 30 years!Education?I think not!Many others "listen & like" because their friends do,not,necessarily because THEY like it!It's all about being a part of the "group!"(peers)CW,on the other hand is pure talent!!!From the amazing Gifts of David to the Angelic voices of Maev,Lisa,Orla,Chloe,&Hayley,to the magnificent voices of the choir,to the professional performance of the orchestra,Celtic Woman is incomparable!!!I've heard Frank & he was a favorite of mine,& Elvis & yes(sacrilige) the Beatles,my favorite group before CW,&,since I moved south,Carrie Underwood,Tina McBride,& others,Carrie being the closest to being "in tune." Most of us don't really understand why we like a group,much of it being peer pressure,but there is an innate sense of "good music."And that is because most of us recognize,innately(?)People or soloists who are in tune!Some of us learn that over a LONG period of time,(41 years!)& because we are not blessed with Mairead's gift,use an electronic tuner to help us out.That,in turn,helps us develop "relative" pitch,which is very helpful to us in the music business,most of whom are TONE DEAF!!! I hope this explains a little about listening to "quality" music.Many have not heard it before,until CELTIC WOMAN!!  Mc
bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2007, 09:49AM »

Do any of you attend many other concerts and how do you feel about these other shows versus the CW concerts? Is it just me?

Peace to all ... Bill[/color][/b]

I have attended over 200 concerts including Martina McBride's last tour. The  best concerts (in my opinion) were the late 1960's and 1970's Elvis Presley shows. The CW concert I attended April 3rd was the second best I have ever seen. EP and CW are the only two that have really touched me in an unexplainable way. You just love these girls to pieces but you don't know exactly why.
[/quote]
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2007, 09:51AM »

Well, there are plenty of good reasons we love the ladies to pieces. Katie, if you'd do the honors... Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: