Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW Concerts vs others?  (Read 11671 times)
fireyred09
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2007, 10:03AM »

*Ahem*

Well, personally, I just think that.....

Ah, I'm kidding. I wont bore you all to death with that  Wink
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2007, 10:13AM »

Who said it would be boring?  If you don't tell us how will we be able to tell you if we think it is or not?

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
fireyred09
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2007, 10:23AM »

Well, I wont take that chance  Wink

And it's mostly because I can't really put into words the awesome that is Celtic Woman without a whole lot of planning and thought, and I'm just not mentally prepared enough to do that right now!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 10:25AM by Katie » Logged
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2007, 10:26AM »

I have not been to any concerts for a long time (work & everything else) and have been trying to get to a Moody Blues show before they all retire, but haven't made it yet.  Then, this year, I discovered Celtic Woman on PBS.  Since then, I don't think I've even been on the MB website and have been trying to get to a CW concert.  Tried to get to Denver and couldn't.  I will still try to see MB and CW, but I think a CW concert (ANJ) on DVD is probably better than anything I could see live, except of course CW live.  I may have about worn out my DVDs and my Maev CD, at least track 1.  (I love that song.)  My neice went to Vegas and watched Celine Dion and said it was a great show.  I get to Vegas a lot and may watch it someday.  The only other artist I would probably pay to see is Elton John.  He IS a legend.  I think I would pay to see Andre Rieu(?), as I loved his show on PBS, also.  Anyway, until something better comes along (YEAH-RIGHT!) my top ten is 10. Andre 9. Elton 8. Moody Blues 7. CW 6. CW 5. CW 4. CW 3. CW 2. CW and my number 1?  You guessed it - CW!!!!
ferngully
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2007, 10:35AM »

well i can't answer this question exactly as i've not been to any other concert than hyde park and the herman menachem orchestra. hyde park was huge and i could only see the stage via screen, making it seem very distant and the herman menachem orchestra was in a syngagogue hall, much better atmpshere, very cool indeed, but i have to admit, i am waiting for an opportunity to see celtic woman and i'm expecting much more from their concert than either of the 2 i've been to. so i can't really compare. however i can safetly say that after a crash course in cw, i can't go to a club and listen to more than half of the stuff they play anymore. i've never liked much of the music they play in clubs (though a bit of shakira and nelly furtado is good to dance to etc) but when i went to one at the weekend, i found that i was bored for half of the night. granted, cw is definatly not club music and i wouldn't want to put it in that atmosphere unless with a bunch of cw fans of course Cheesy but i've found that many popular chart songs i hear there just bore me now
kat
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2009, 03:08PM »

It is the best show that i have seen even if it is on tv.
What i'm thinking is this they use there voice for really singing and they do it from hole there heart ( even deeper than that) and you can feel it.
Even the musicians.
PDM1114
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2009, 08:45PM »

Attending a CW concert is an experience all should have. Seeing them on TV is one thing, but it is nothing compared to being in a concert hall with all the fans and seeing them in person on stage singing and feeling the percussion of Ray's drums shake you in your seat. It is AWESOME.
YayBabySeals

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2009, 09:33AM »

I've seen CW twice now (March 14 at Radio City will be my 3rd) and I have to say the only other concert I've ever been to that compares with CW was seeing Billy Joel. I've seen him twice, once when he was on tour with Elton John and once solo, and I am pretty sure that those shows rank up there with CW as the best concerts I've ever attended. Billy Joel is my favorite performer of all time and a true music legend, and to watch him perform, especially when he plays the piano (which he does for most, if not all, of his show) was truly amazing. I think I enjoy CW in a different way, though...I'm always stunned by their amazing voices and the breathtaking beauty of the whole spectacle...the sets, the lighting, the orchestra, the costumes, etc.
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2009, 11:24AM »

For me going to alot of Rock/Metal shows in the 80'sto early 90's from clubs to arenas and bands who were being to major labels. Including taking pics and backstage meeting the artist and some video shoots for tv show. Yes I had fun at most,  though CW shows are relaxing and fun. And my ears don't ring after the shows Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: