Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: America's Best Music  (Read 5782 times)
Jim M.
Choir Member

« on: June 02, 2014, 02:21PM »

When I am not listening to CW music, I sometimes listen to a local radio station that plays "ABM".
ABM is a service from WCNS radio in Pennsylvania. 
I have NEVER heard them play any CW songs.  So I asked myself, "Self, how can it be America's Best Music without Celtic Woman?"
Well, we all know it can't! Smiley
So, I sent them an email suggesting they play CW music.
Maybe a few more emails from CW fans would help.  Send 'em to mailbox@wcnsradio.com
CW could use more fans and maybe we can help them sell more of their music. Wink
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 10:04PM »

You know, I have long wondered why I have never once ever heard a CW song on the radio. Not on broadcast or satellite radio. Not even on the local PBS radio station, where you think they would play it if anyone would.

Which makes it even more amazing how many CDs, DVDs and downloads they have sold without any airplay whatsoever. Can you imagine how many they would sell if their music was more accessible?

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
John910

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 10:13PM »

Just to let you know that America's Best Music is the radio format distributed by the Westwood One network.

I checked out the WCNS website and I don't know if they program any music locally or just use the network for the music parts of the day. I was looking at the Westwood One website and it seems all the contact numbers/information is for stations that are interested in their formats and shows.
Hopefully the network takes suggestions from their affiliate stations.

There is an adult standards station in Denver, Colorado, KEZW that had some Celtic Woman music in their rotation. However I didn't notice any when I checked out their last songs played going back 3 days.

www.kezw.com
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 01:41PM »

I picked out "Sing Out" for my training center's fashion show for about next week on Friday which I really am excited about. Smiley I just hope my turn in that event comes first. Grin

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 01:46PM »

I hope you have a great time, Kim. Wink Smiley
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 10:38AM »

I just sent them a message encouraging them to play some CW music.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 12:40PM »

Not to forget the ones written by David Downes. They would suit nearly all countries.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 03:34PM »

I was just listening to the local station and heard a familiar song -- Christmas Pipes by Celtic Woman.
I don't know if our messages had anything to do with it, but they finally got around to playing CW on ABM! Smiley

Note:  I sent a thank you email to ABM and 8 minutes later got a thank you email reply.   Wink
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 04:00PM by Jim M. » Logged
John910

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 01:46AM »

According to the online playlist, KEZW 1430 AM in the Denver, Colorado area has been playing Celtic Woman a few times a day as they are playing all Christmas music. They are an adult standards station.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 10:30PM »

Christmas Pipes by CW was just played on ABM.  This morning I heard Carol of the Bells, so I guess they have added CW to their playlist for the season. Smiley
John910

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 08:57PM »

I just checked the online playlist of KEZW 1430 AM, Denver, Colorado and they have played "Christmas Pipes" and "Away in a Manger" by Celtic Woman.

Also WVMW (VM-FM 91.7) Marywood University, Scranton, PA becomes Christmas 91.7 starting Friday, 12/11/15 (I think) and continues until December 30th.
I have messaged them on Facebook and tweeted them to add Celtic Woman to the playlist and received a reply that they would increase them in the rotation.

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 10:03PM »

Our local station with ABM is KCFM which has AM and FM signals.  It is part of Coast Radio which also has KCST, another FM station.  All have limited range signals.
KCST plays a strange mix of music, including rap, hip-hop, country, rock, etc.  Since the area is about 60% people over age 55 - many retired - I guess they are trying to please everyone.  I called them several times last year asking them to play CW and they never did.  But, this morning, they played Carol of the Bells.  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: