Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meet and Greets..before or after the shows?  (Read 13666 times)
bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« on: October 03, 2007, 05:36PM »

If some of you are going to have gifts for the girls ,and the meet and greet is after the show is there any problem with security?Huh Any suggestions what not to take or what to take....besides alcohol or is wine ok?........

I have passes to a meet and greet.....

Bill
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 06:51PM »

This is a good question. I never thought about meet & greet rules, or what we are supposed to do. I just thought the rules were....be nice, dress nice,  talk for a few minutes, no cameras. Without getting into the camera thing more (I got into hot water once doing that on the forum) I would just say that I hope they change the pic policy and somehow allow pics, even if its very restricted or if they run it, or even charge more.

I also thought that maybe they would state the rules in the letter / pass they send out. Otherwise, unless one frequents forums like this, how is one to know whats going on?

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Charlie Brock

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 07:11PM »

Meet and Greets are meant to raise money for the local PBS affiliate, but I understand that CW sets the limits on the greeters....from 20 to 150.
No cameras...again CW's call. I wish more pictures were taken at the M&G's by CW. I too would pay for special shots, but all who attend may not be able to spend more so the fair policy seems to be no photo's.
Gifts are given to the girls, but I suggest small and discreet, and always be prepared to at least tell security what you have if asked.
It's icing on the cake to meet the lady's...They are all wonderful.

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 07:20PM »

Gifts are given to the girls, but I suggest small and discreet, and always be prepared to at least tell security what you have if asked.
I did not know about the gift part of this. I would think security would prevent you from bringing in most things even before the concert. What types of things do they get? What is appropriate? What if we don't bring gifts? Do they have 2 big mean guys take you outback and beat you up?  Cheesy

Seriously though, I would not wish to offend them by being the only idiot not bearing a gift .

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 07:21PM »

from 20 to 150.
They really have 150 people at a M&G?

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 07:30PM »

Seriously though, I would not wish to offend them by being the only idiot not bearing a gift .
Don't worry about it, Cash.  Gifts are the exception, not the rule.  The only "gift" I've given was the FOOLS pin I gave to Lisa.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
celloSteel

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 07:57PM »

I brought a gift to a show because I knew someone who worked at the venue. He talked to CW management and they spoke to the girls who said they would send one of them out. Well, turns out hair and makeup took a little longer than expected so they weren't able to get it themselves but CW management took it to them and returned their thanks. It was cool to hear they appreciated it even though it wasn't in person.

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 08:13PM »

When I brought the portrait to the concert here in Jacksonville, Rachel and Scott came out and got it and brought it back to Lisa.  At the end of the show Lisa smiled and waved to me and whispered "thank you" as they were leaving the stage.  Ever since then I keep an eye out for Rachel at every concert.  She is a lovely lady with a difficult job.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Sunbeam

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 08:31PM »

Ever since then I keep an eye out for Rachel at every concert.  She is a lovely lady with a difficult job.
Yes, she is, Rich.  Unfortunately, her job is a thankless one.  Sad  She's a great lady, and she's helped me out, too.
Jason

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 08:33PM »

I certainly 'wouldn't mind' having a thankless job if it meant I got to tour with CW! Wink

celticdreamer00
Choir Member

Dreaming of Celtic Woman (Thank You CC)

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 08:57PM »

Ever since then I keep an eye out for Rachel at every concert.  She is a lovely lady with a difficult job.
Yes, she is, Rich.  Unfortunately, her job is a thankless one.  Sad  She's a great lady, and she's helped me out, too.
Rachel is a wonderful person.  We know her job is not easy.  She's great at taking care of the ladies which is her priority.  But if it is at all possible she takes care of the fans too.  I make it a point to as Rich said keep an eye out for her and when I see her I make sure I tell her thank you. She is a modest person and thinks it is funny that I would say thank you to her, but I think she does appreciate it.

Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
                               Charlotte Whitten
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 09:02PM »

She is a modest person and thinks it is funny that I would say thank you to her, but I think she does appreciate it.
You should see her reaction when someone asks her to autograph a program.  She gets this "deer in the headlights" look.  "Why would you want MY autograph?"   Cheesy

celticdreamer00
Choir Member

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 09:07PM »

I think I will get that experience in Springfield this Nov. I have tickets to this concert and I will keep an eye out for Rachel and have my sharpie in hand. Wink

Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
                               Charlotte Whitten
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 09:09PM »

I think I will get that experience in Springfield this Nov. I have tickets to this concert and I will keep an eye out for Rachel and have my sharpie in hand. Wink
She'll sign it on the back, and only if you insist.   Cheesy

celticdreamer00
Choir Member

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 09:14PM »

I insist, I insist, I insist. Grin

Charlotte Whitten
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: