Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meet and Greets..before or after the shows?  (Read 13665 times)
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2007, 04:43PM »

I have gone to alot of concerts and I disagree with Old Fat Guy that it is "business casual - i.e. slacks and sport shirt for men."  Even at the CW show men and women wearing pant's such as jeans and t-shirts too. 
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2007, 05:43PM »

Well, if you think that's appropriate attire, go ahead and wear it.  There is no dress code at any venue I've seen.  I'll be wearing a t-shirt at WPB, but everyone already knows that story.   Grin

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2007, 05:49PM »

Wink I am just saying never seen or been forced a dress code. I wouldn't effect the way I dress anyways. But at times is just right to do.
Capn Davey

Your Dream's Do Come True!

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2007, 08:59AM »

Well we did bring a gift for the girls at wolftrap
and gave it to rachel davis(no her job is not thankless
we love her to)
by the way Rich does that shirt say improve your image
be seen with a irish girl?

dave

Banner By Celtic Fiddler

Amy Rivard Forum:
http://amyrivardforum.com/forum/
logalogalog

Remember the Fallen. Freedom is not free.

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2007, 09:01AM »

Is David ever a part of the Meet and Greets?

(I've only been to one live show,and David wasn't even there)

Serving during Operation Iraqi Freedom
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2007, 02:26PM »

by the way Rich does that shirt say improve your image be seen with a irish girl?
LOL!!  No, Dave.  It says "Old. Fat. Guy."   Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
richard

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2007, 02:46PM »

as far as attire  i am going the other Richard (OldFatGuy)
business casual  slacks and sport shirt for men sound good to me (I were a suit and have been asked to wear my special tie.

Celtic Woman as we all have said is a CLASS ACT we should also support them by the way we dress.

Richard
Moscapoet
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2007, 02:57PM »

I don't blame them for taking their heels off.
I would even go so far as to suggest that Mairead wear appropriate footware for her jumping / dancing. At times she seems to be barefoot or in shoes with regular sole bottoms. BUT at times she is hopping around in heals. I fear she will twist an ankle again. I just dont want to see her injured. I think she dodged a bullet last year. Could have been a lot worse.
Amen Cash! She does do a piece barefoot in the ANJ video but I didn't see her that way in any of the concerts. The risk is palpable but she sure gives her all no question. I think she should do all her pieces barefoot. there is just something so sweet about a pixie skipping around barefoot playing a fiddle. Would make a great music video skipping down a country lane in Ireland.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2007, 03:09PM »

as far as attire  i am going the other Richard (OldFatGuy)
business casual  slacks and sport shirt for men sound good to me (I were a suit and have been asked to wear my special tie.

Celtic Woman as we all have said is a CLASS ACT we should also support them by the way we dress.

Richard

I agree this is a good question, and one can argue both ways. Both Rich and Richard sort of compromise into what I think is the middle ground and the correct answer. You are more comfortable but also looking good. I think you also have to look at venue in this analysis. In March 2007 I wore a suit & tie because the venue was supposed to be more of a high-class type place. But in March 2008 the venue is Mellon Arena. Your basic place for rock&roll, hockey, and pro-'rasslin' . So thats more blue jeans and t-shirt. So, if you dress as our Richards suggest, you are covered both ways. You are acceptable for high-class and not overdressed for not so high class. If that makes any sense ?  lol

I also think we can take a cue from how David dresses. Suit coat and dress shirt, but no tie, open at the collar. Perhps that is also a way to look at it.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2007, 03:21PM »

Thanks for all of the suggestions and reasonings given.  The BJC is, in effect, primarily a sports arena located at the college (which also runs the PBS station sponsoring this stop on the tour ... talk about a convenient plan!).   I'd say that, in theory, any of the options could be viable.  I'm most comfortable, normally, in jeans and a golf style shirt, but on a personal note, that just doesn't seem "enough" for the ladies.  I had already decided on, at the least, slacks and a dressier shirt, I wasn't sure whether a tie and/or suit or sports jacket should be added.  At this point I think I'll plan on that line of thought, if I can pick up a nice sports coat to go with what I already have, then I'd feel comfortable with that and an open collar (I hate wearing a tie, but for our Ladies I would if expected).
bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2007, 06:59AM »

Where your typical St. Paddy's Day outfit...... White shirt and Green tie.... lol
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2007, 04:05PM »

Where your typical St. Paddy's Day outfit...... White shirt and Green tie.... lol

*lol*   Hmmm, I dunno ... just because I like to stir things up sometimes, I have often worn orange instead of green for St. Patrick's Day, especially when going to the party put on by a friend of mine, the person who's accompanying me to the concert, in fact.  I keep reminding her that I have both Scottish and Irish in me so I can wear either one!

Yeah, I'm bad like that sometimes ... but I did bring out my CW DVD's for the party this past year.  The entire party went on with a TV playing the two DVD's back to back throughout the day.
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2007, 04:24PM »

Speaking personally, the only show I attended I dresses as I was raised. With respect. I had nice pants and a dress shirt on. The people that were dressed in typical concert attire tended to stand out. Now keep in mind this was in a small theatre in Minneapolis. My feeling is that the girls are dressed to the nines, so we should reciprocate. I don't think suit and tie is required, but cut offs and tank tops don't work either. Plus I look good when tarted up! Grin   

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2007, 05:20PM »

*lol*   Hmmm, I dunno ... just because I like to stir things up sometimes, I have often worn orange instead of green for St. Patrick's Day,

Be careful. If you wear both orange AND green, people may walk up to you and ask "do you dance with the devil in the pale moon light?" Or is that orange and purple? green & purple? Hey we will have to ask Hayley, after all she is Batgirl in the Halloween costume pick. lol

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2007, 05:30PM »

Plus I look good when tarted up! Grin   
Yes I think I can "clean up" good too, and it does feel good to dress up well at times at things like these. Since I got a m&g for the spring show, I think that increases the need to dress very sharp, as, like you say, they do it for us in their show. But I will refrain from singing Trace Adkin's "I Got My Game On" (a cute song and funny video). I would also get tomatoes and eggs tossed at me lol

On a side note, yet very much related. Did you notice how Nicky and Ray were dressed on the Xmas dvd? Ray was in his usual attire, but it looked like Nicky has on a dress shirt. Could one argue that since its a Xmas dvd, maybe Ray should have dressed more like David and Nicky? Maybe wear a dress shirt for the event. BUT, one can also argue that he remain in his usual attire. Again, it can go both ways I think. It might be interesting to hear why Nicky dressed different.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 08:35PM by Cash » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: