Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Would They Sing?  (Read 2586 times)
Eric90

« on: June 06, 2014, 08:34PM »

I was thinking about this earlier, If the girls weren't in Celtic Woman what type of music would they be singing? here's what I think

Chloe: would sing pop or r&b
Lisa L : would sing Country
Mairead C: would sing folk or jazz
Susan: would be a broadway singer

that's all I could think of at the moment I started thinking about it when I hear that Lisa L as at the country music awards the other day I noticed that she had posted stuff about Dolly Parton and Loretta Lynn so I figured she's sing country if she wasn't in Celtic Woman. same thing with the others I just assumed by their musical tastes.

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 08:36PM »

Meav would make a great opera star

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 10:10PM »

If you haven't already, listen to some of Lynn's CD "Saturn Return". There's a bunch of different influences that you can hear, but most of the CD is contemporary jazz and pop. The backing instrumentals sound more like Acoustic Alchemy than the Celtic Woman band (although Ray plays on it). It's very different from her CW work, but it's really good. She even composed the songs herself.

Here's the title track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMs8QZA5-Rw

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 10:11PM »

Meav would make a great opera star

Agreed. Honestly, I think Méav could sing just about any style and excel at it. She is remarkably versatile.

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 04:12AM »

If noone of them did Celtic music... well... not all of them actually do it...

Well, Chloe has started as a Classical Crossover child star (as she really did) and later went into more pop or soul, but still singing some arias and hymns from time to time
Hayley has started as a Classical Crossover child star and is now a Classical Crossover star.
Méav without Celtic... Well, that's more difficult. Her new Classical Crossover actually came through CW... so... Well, she would sing "real" classical music and operas, maybe operettas and musicals (she actually played Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady)
Deirdre would sing classical music or crossover
I can't imagine Órlagh NOT singing celtic... but... well, I think she might sing Christian contemporary music
Alex would still sing musicals and Christian music
Lynn would sing classical or opera, maybe jazz
Lisa K would sing musicals, pop and opera, just as she always did
Máiréad N would fiddle (and sing) more in crossover and maybe rock
Lisa L would sing folk rock/"hippie" music, musicals (of course) operettas, operas, classical crossover...
Mairéad C would sing classical crossover or light contemporary music
Susan would still sing musicals

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 05:39PM »

I think Chloe can sing songs from the films and Meav can sing easy listening ones.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 07:57PM »

I think Chloe can sing songs from the films and Meav can sing easy listening ones.
  I  would  love  to  hear  Meav  sing  "You  Light Up My  Life" ....   Smiley Smiley

Eric90

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 04:11PM »

oh yeah I forgot one Chloe would switch to hip-hop and Rap lol remember what she said in a behind the scenes video "I is a rappah!"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: