Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy for Alaska, but very disappointed!  (Read 24566 times)
bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« on: June 21, 2014, 11:09AM »

Fellow Forumites,

Celtic Woman just issued a Tweet saying that they'll be doing 3 Christmas Symphony Concerts at the Atwood Concert Hall, in Anchorage, AK; the concerts will be held December 5 - 7, 2014.  Since I don't believe they've ever been to Alaska, I'm very happy for my fellow fans up there.   That said, in a recent Tweet, Maggie indicated that the farthest east they'll be coming during the 2014 Christmas Symphony Tour will be Naperville, IL.  I'm sure this is very disappointing to Celtic Woman's many east coast fans - myself included.   Moreover, although I have traveled pretty good distances to attend Celtic Woman Concerts, I'll probably sit out this Christmas Symphony Tour.

Bob
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 11:39AM »

I suppose this means that Anchorage has a symphony orchestra.  That is a bit surprising.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 12:14PM »

There is a real difference in the Christmas and regular tours.  They have to coordinate it with the local symphony and not all will have dates open which work for CW.  Some symphonies announce their schedule before the girls finish their regular tour so it might be nothing more than scheduling issues.

Also, last year's Christmas tour did not hit the west coast at all except for Vegas so perhaps this year they're going to make it up this time.

With only a few weeks for the Christmas show, there is just no way they can please everyone.  I hope they come to Texas as I don't feel like flying to see them since airline tickets in December are always so blasted expensive.  (To go to Atlanta to see Lisa's expected Christmas show would be almost 1/2 the cost of flying to Dublin in September which is just nuts.)  If they don't, oh well.  I'll be disappointed but I'll just wait until May when they're here in Texas for the 10 year tour.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 12:39PM »

A review of the show last night in Alaska has been posted on the Mairead Nesbitt Forum. Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: