Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The New Ground/The World Falls Away mash up  (Read 3633 times)
Eric90

« on: June 24, 2014, 04:17PM »

well not really a mash up but The New Ground serves as an intro The World Falls Away. I made this after listening to the Songs From The Heart track on the Believe Album, I noticed how the fade in from The World Falls Away would fit perfectly with the fade out from The New Ground

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tugI0asoX9Y&feature=youtu.be

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 04:22PM »

It feels really well!

Lily Anna
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 05:20PM »

Absolutely genius! I think the reason it works well is because they are in the same key. I've always thought that World Falls Away could do well with an instrumental intro. Walking the Night has always seemed like a more separate song to me, I don't know why.

Thanks, Shining Bright!
Eric90

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 05:54PM »

I've always loved "The New Ground" it's so beautiful and haunting and it reminds me of something that makes me sad, perhaps I was an Irishman in a past life and it reminds me of home or the song calls to the irish blood in me lol there's something about the sound of those bagpipes which I love. I didn't like the newer version on the Emerald CD I thought it sounded too clean and was trying too hard to imitate the earlier sound if that makes sense maybe I'm just used to the old one

the thing about "The New Ground" is that while it's beautiful and haunting and sad it ends with hope so I think maybe that's why if fits well with "The World Falls Away" which begins with a bagpipe playing a lively tune it's kind of a weird mix but it works, and the Chorus for that song fits my thoughts and I think all our thoughts about Celtic Woman perfectly

Your songs are in my heart
They light the dark
So come give me your hand
Now and we'll dance tonight
In the blazing light
And the years will fade away
Fade as you play
Play through the dark
Play in my heart

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 07:44PM »

Genius

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 08:35PM »

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: