Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about Orinoco flow  (Read 2575 times)
BlueAquaOcean

« on: July 02, 2014, 10:45PM »

In the 3rd verse, are they saying Carry me ON THE WAVES or ALL THE WAY?
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 04:43AM »

I  think  it's  "on  " On  the  waves " ....  Cool

Eric90

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 04:37PM »

I love that song I like Enya too but I don't like her version and that's the original, Celtic Woman did it better and watching them perform it is even better. I always thought that they should change the line "Rob Dickens at the wheel"  to "David Downes at the wheel" cause Rob Dickens was Enya's producer for the album that Orinoco Flow was on. I thought it would be cool cause David Downes is the one who started Celtic Woman but "Downes" is one syllable and it wouldn't work lol

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 07:07AM »

Who is Rob Dickens?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Eric90

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 09:20AM »

Rob Dickens was Enya's producer for the album that Orinoco Flow was on so she added the line "we can steer we can near with Rob Dickens at the wheel" in honor of him

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 09:53AM »

As for CW vs. Enya when it comes to these songs (I often say this, especially on YT): Enya is a composer. She is a very good composer, indeed. She sings her songs, yes. Her voice is OK, it's nice to listen to. That's it. She isn't a very good singer, she has a limited range and a very bad technique, wich is - for me - very hard to listen to after a while, because I always hear how wrong she sings. She is mediocore at that, but brilliant at composing. Our CWuties though, are brilliant, wonderful singers. They are far better performers. Enya's archievement is that she has composed songs like Orinoco Flow or May It Be, wich she did wonderfully. Her singing of these songs is nice, but it's in no way spectacular, it's more of an addition...

littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 10:37PM »

To answer the original question, it is ON THE WAVES they are saying

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: