Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lisa Lambe Does It Again!  (Read 6528 times)
Eric90

« on: July 04, 2014, 10:27PM »

So the first time I saw Lisa Lambe was the "Home For Christmas"Special and she won me over when she sang her part of "O Christmas Tree" in German. I had heard people say there is beauty in language but I never understood it until I heard Lisa sing German after that I became one of Lisa's Lambs lol

well I was on Youtube yesterday and I found a video from the "Home For Christmas" DVD of the girls ( Lisa L, Susan, Meav and Mairead N) talking about their favorite Christmas memories and they each sang a song well Lisa sang "Away In A Manger" I'd never really listened to it much since I considered it a Children's Christmas song but Miss Lisa Lambe did it again and blew me away with the rendition I had to watch it twice lol I know it's July but it just sounded that good lol

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 03:09AM »

Well, I always listen to Christmas carols in July - the whole year round, you know? Grin At the moment I listen to lots of Anthony Warlow, including Christmas songs, and I always listen to CW's awesome Christmas albums! I love ACC and HFC equally!

Lisa Lambe speaks German, I don't know if she's fluent, her pronunciation is very good, though. She said "Zommerzeit" instead of "Sommerzeit", but everything else was perfect, exept that she accentuated it a little different, which sounded very beautiful in my opinion. I love how CW sing so many different languages! I think they sing English, Irish, Elvish Grin, Italian, Latin, German, did I miss something? And of course, tehy also sing French and many Celtic and Asian languages in their solo careers. I think that is awesome! Only very few musicians and groups sing multilanguage...

Eric90

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 09:18AM »

Yeah "May It Be" has elvish in it cause it's from Lord Of The Rings it's Mornie utulie (Darkness has come) and Mornie alantie (Darkness has fallen)

I thought the chanting in "She Moved Through The Fair" had elvish in it the last word in the song sounded like "Ancalima" which means "Brightest"  maybe that's just the LOTR nerd in me hearing things lol

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 10:01AM »

I'm sure She Moved Tru' The Fair hasn't any Elvish in it Wink It's far older than Tolkien's works... But Elvish is based on Celtic languages, so... there are similarities...

Eric90

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 12:54PM »

yeah that's what I was saying it sounded similar lol

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 10:50AM »

I've never heard Latin and Asian, plus at first I saw Elvis....they didn't do Elvis Presley  Cheesy I get it now.

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: