Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ach Ich Fühls  (Read 6935 times)
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« on: September 15, 2014, 06:05AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp5sUJ1nl7o
Despite being a bit "rusty" truly wonderful!

Excalibur

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 02:51PM »

Rusty indeed, she could do wonders if she gets back to regular exercise Undecided

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 03:12PM »

I'll  take  MC's  rusty  over  most  singers'   warmed  up.    Cheesy   And  I can't  think  that the acoustics were too good in  that setting either .   

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 03:20PM »

I love the magic flute and she does the aria justice. Her version is my 4th favorite, my top three favorites are Kiri te Kanawa, Leontyne Price and Diana Damrau

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Lily Anna
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 04:04PM »

Wow! I wonder what she could do with the Queen of the Night aria. Seems like Mozart fits her voice very well  Cheesy

Thanks, Shining Bright!
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 05:32PM »

Wow! I wonder what she could do with the Queen of the Night aria. Seems like Mozart fits her voice very well  Cheesy

I would love to here her do "o zittre nicht". I personally think she has enough power to do "der holle rache" I think Meav would do better on der holle rache

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 06:26PM »

I would love to here her do "o zittre nicht". I personally think she has enough power to do "der holle rache" I think Meav would do better on der holle rache
  I just  listened  to  Dessay  do this...and  you are  right... I think  Meav   would  be up to this  one. It would suit her superior  vocal agility and  range.   Cool 

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 06:49PM »

I just  listened  to  Dessay  do this...and  you are  right... I think  Meav   would  be up to this  one. It would suit her superior  vocal agility and  range.   Cool 

yeah, my number one queen of the night though is diana damrau

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 03:10AM »

I think "Der Hölle Rache" would suit Méav better - voice wise, age wise, style wise. Still, Mai C could do it pretty good Smiley

White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 09:45AM »

I'll  take  MC's  rusty  over  most  singers'   warmed  up.    Cheesy   And  I can't  think  that the acoustics were too good in  that setting either .   

Yup. Way to go Mairead! "Der Holle Rache" would suit Meav better, I think, but Mairead can definitely do it justice if she wants. Now I'm going to have to go pull out and listen to Die Zauberflote. Thanks guys!  Wink
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 02:22PM »

Yup. Way to go Mairead! "Der Holle Rache" would suit Meav better, I think, but Mairead can definitely do it justice if she wants. Now I'm going to have to go pull out and listen to Die Zauberflote. Thanks guys!  Wink

Yeah, same here, fortunately my college library has two versions on DVD and I have A cd on my computer

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 03:16PM »

Doesn't sound "rusty" to me at all! Wow! She is truly awesome!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: