Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favourite Lisa solo  (Read 18105 times)
Lily Anna
Total Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 07:48AM »

I know. I was just being sarcastic  Cheesy

Thanks, Shining Bright!
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 08:25AM »

Went with Dulaman and Bridge.

Dulaman because Lisa's version is the best version bar none in my opinion. I've seen her and Lynn perform it live and she just gives such a lively fun performance of a song that, I thought, was worn out and tired when she first joined the group. But she revived it and made it her own! I can honestly say that, before Lisa Lambe showed up, it wouldn't have bothered me in the least if they'd removed Dulaman. Now, they'd need to give her another fun song that she can really perform!

I just had to go with Bridge Over Troubled Waters. That's Lisa's signature in my opinion. Its so beautifully sung that every time I hear it, I just can't help but feel content. SO glad its on an album. Only regret is that the album version isn't the full song.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2014, 11:15AM »

I know. I was just being sarcastic  Cheesy

Sorry, I hardly understand sarcasm Sad And I just didn't notice the smiley Wink

Eric90

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 03:30PM »

I  have  to go with  Auld  Lang  Syne....     I  love  how  she  lets  more of her  natural  accent  out on this  one.

do you mean she "tones down" her natural accent when she talks and sings?

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2014, 03:48PM »

I  have  to go with  Auld  Lang  Syne....     I  love  how  she  lets  more of her  natural  accent  out on this  one.

do you mean she "tones down" her natural accent when she talks and sings?
   I think  it's  because  Auld  Lange Syne    is  a  Scottish  melody  in  principal.  ( Scottish  is  Celtic too, after all)    It  stands  to  reason  that some  Irish  folks  would  pick  up  a  Scottish  brogue.  it differs  from  Irish, of  course, but it would  be  like  a  Spanish  speaking  person  adopting  a Portugese accent  or  something  like  that.  Meav  has  sung  a  few songs  in  Scottish  Gaelage  as  well.  There are words in  A L S  that are  strictly  Scottish  in origin.  So I  think  it's  the difference  between  Scottish  and  Irish  brogue  that I am noticing  here. If  that  makes  any  sense.   Undecided

Eric90

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2014, 04:42PM »

it makes perfect sense, I'm trying to learn to speak in Irish and Scottish accents so I listen very carefully when the girls talk If I'm singing an Irish or scottish song or something I tend to adopt the accent also lol and it confuses people when they hear me lol

C.V.2015

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2015, 02:35PM »

I liked Black is the Color.
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2015, 06:08PM »

"A Spaceman Came Traveling" is my favorite.
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2015, 11:26AM »

Black is the Color really presented her too..

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: