Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nominees for 2014 Irish Music Awards announced and Voting Open!  (Read 11903 times)
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« on: December 02, 2014, 05:42PM »

The Irish Music (IMA) Association has announced the nominees for the 2014 IMA awards. Not surprisingly, Máiréad is nominated again this year!  Here is the list of nominees from the IMA webpage:

Irish Music Award Nominees for 2014

Top Solo Performer in Concert (US, IRE, EU, UK)
Nuala Kennedy, Ryan Kelly, Meav Ni Mhaolchatha, Robbie O'Connell

Top Solo Performer in a Pub Venue (US, IRE, EU, UK)
Donie Carroll, Tony Cummins, Robbie O'Connell, Brian Gaffney

Top Duo in a Pub, Festival, Concert (US, IRE, EU, UK)
Siusan O'Rourke and Zig Zeitler, Sean McNamara and Nosey Flynn, New Barleycorn, Lumiere

Top Group (US, IRE, EU, UK)
Celtic Thunder, Young Dubliners, Socks in the Frying Pan, Lunasa

Best New Irish Artist(s) (IRE, EU, US, UK)
Colm Keegan, The Latchikos, Full Set, Socks in the Frying Pan

Best New Irish CD
Runa - Current Affairs, Paddy Homan - The Hard Way Home, Cara Dillon - A Thousand Hearts, Screaming Orphans - Toy Theatre

Top Celtic Rock Band (IRE, EU, US, UK)
Rathkeltair, The Prodigals, Young Dubliners, The Fenians

Best Irish Tenor (individual)
Anthony Kearns, Paul Byrom, Paddy Homan

Best Female Vocalist (individual/trad.)
Cara Dillon, Francis Black, Mary Dillon, Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh

Best Sean-nós Singer
Ide Nic Mhathúna , Roisin Elsafty

Top Traditional Performance Show
Riverdance, Celtic Woman, Celtic Thunder

Top Traditional Group in a Pub, Festival, Concert
Two2Many, FullSet, ALTAN, Socks in the Frying Pan

Tommy Makem Award
ALTAN, Mickey Coleman, Danny O'Flaherty, Mick Maloney

Top Uilleann Piper (US, IRE, EU, UK)
Tommy Martin, Paddy Keenan, Tiarnan O'Duinnchinn

Top Harpist (US, IRE, EU, UK)
Cormac De Barra, Patrick Ball, Aryeh Frankfurter, Siobhan Owen

Top Fiddle/Violin (US, IRE, EU, UK)
Maggie Estes White, Martin Hayes, Mairead Nesbitt, Niamh Ni Charra

Top Button Accordion (US, IRE, EU, UK)
David Munnelly, Shane Hayes

Lifetime Achievement Award
George Donaldson, Danny O'Flaherty, Jimmy Crowley, Mick Maloney

Among the Celtic Woman-related nominees are Méav Ní Mhaolchatha   for Top Performer in Concert, Tommy Martin for Top Uileann Piper and Celtic Woman for Top Traditional Performance Group!  Grin
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 09:26PM by Starman » Logged

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 06:15PM »

Go  MEAV  !!!    Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley     i'm just  disappointed  that she is  not  also up  for best  new  CD. But  perhaps  it  is  because  it is  not  all traditional Irish ?   Undecided    but  Meav  certainly  deserves  Best  Performance  In Concert based  on her perfect  and  stunning  and  daring  offerings  at  the  Ulster  Orchestra  last  March.    Smiley   my membership is  still  good. It  bearsrepeating  that one  needs to become  a member  of  the iMA for  a mere $15  a  year  to participate. 

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 06:34PM »

Go  MEAV  !!!    Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley     i'm just  disappointed  that she is  not  also up  for best  new  CD. But  perhaps  it  is  because  it is  not  all traditional Irish ?   Undecided    but  Meav  certainly  deserves  Best  Performance  In Concert based  on her perfect  and  stunning  and  daring  offerings  at  the  Ulster  Orchestra  last  March.    Smiley   my membership is  still  good. It  bearsrepeating  that one  needs to become  a member  of  the iMA for  a mere $15  a  year  to participate. 

That's right  It's well-worth the membership fee in order to be able to vote for Meav, Mairead Nesbitt in the Best Fiddler category, Tommy Martin in the Top Uileann Piper and Celtic Woman in Top Group in a Traditional Performance!   Grin

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 09:32PM »

Want an opportunity to give the artists of Celtic Woman a Christmas gift?  One very appropriate and no doubt welcome gift would be vote for them in the 2014 awards of the Irish Music (IMA) Awards!  For a cost of  a $15.00 membership fee, you can vote for Celtic Woman-related nominees:

The Celtic Woman-related nominees are Méav Ní Mhaolchatha   for Top Performer in Concert, Tommy Martin for Top Uileann Piper and Celtic Woman for Top Traditional Performance Group!  Grin

Can you think of a more meaningful gift of appreciation to them that to assist in their selections for these awards?  I can't!  Make this your gift to these fantastic artists!   Voting is open until January 12, 2015.  Why wait?   Smiley Smiley Smiley

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 06:24PM »

I  just  renewed  my  IMA  membership  ( under  the  wire I might  add)   Of  course  I  Voted  for  Meav , Mairead, CW and  Tommy  Martin.   I  also  voted  for the  young,talented  Irish/Welsh   Aussie  named  Siobhan  Owen .   Smiley

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 07:11PM »

I  just  renewed  my  IMA  membership  ( under  the  wire I might  add)   Of  course  I  Voted  for  Meav , Mairead, CW and  Tommy  Martin.   I  also  voted  for the  young,talented  Irish/Welsh   Aussie  named  Siobhan  Owen .   Smiley

Way to go!  I voted for Siobhan too!  Hopefully, everyone who can will go over to the IMA website and do likewise!  Grin

Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 04:53PM »

I couldn't possibly vote because I can't pick between Méav and Ryan Kelly or Celtic Woman and Celtic Thunder! I love them all! I'll be pleased if either win. They both deserve it. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 07:37PM by Chandler Mattson » Logged
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 06:56PM »

I couldn't possibly vote because I can't pick between Méav and Ryan Kely or Celtic Woman and Celtic Thunder! I love them all! I'll be pleased if either win. They both deserve it. Smiley
    Ryan  Kelly  has  won  for  Best Solo Performance in  concert previously, so  you  could  say  that  it's  Meav's  turn.    Smiley   I  understand  what  you  mean, though.   

Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 07:37PM »

I couldn't possibly vote because I can't pick between Méav and Ryan Kely or Celtic Woman and Celtic Thunder! I love them all! I'll be pleased if either win. They both deserve it. Smiley
   Ryan  Kelly  has  won  for  Best Solo Performance in  concert previously, so  you  could  say  that  it's  Meav's  turn.    Smiley   I  understand  what  you  mean, though.  
Very true. Smiley
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 07:27PM »

Another week of voting yet, for those who are already current IMA members!  Don't forget!  Our CW nominees need your vote!  Smiley Smiley

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 07:34PM »

Another week of voting yet, for those who are already current IMA members!  Don't forget!  Our CW nominees need your vote!  Smiley Smiley
  I'm  just  frustrated  because they  hide  the  ongoing  results of  the  voting now ,  as  opposed to  previous  years  where you  could see how  everyone  was  doing.  I  hate  waiting .    Grin 

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 06:29PM »

I'm  just  frustrated  because they  hide  the  ongoing  results of  the  voting now ,  as  opposed to  previous  years  where you  could see how  everyone  was  doing.  I  hate  waiting .    Grin 

True, but all we can do is turn out the vote as much as we can and hope for the best!  In 2010 I believe it was, several of the CW nominees lost by a margin of just 6 votes. Let's not let that happen again!  Embarrassed

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 05:45PM »

Voting has ended for the 2014 IMA awards!  Many thanks to all who voted!  The winners will be announced at the IMA awards ceremony on Saturday January 31, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. CST.  The awards show is broadcast on webcast live on the IMA website.

I would encourage everyone to watch.  I, or some other forum member, will report the results here!  Let's keep our fingers crossed for our Celtic Woman nominees!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2015, 06:13PM »

Voting has ended for the 2014 IMA awards!  Many thanks to all who voted!  The winners will be announced at the IMA awards ceremony on Saturday January 31, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. CST.  The awards show is broadcast on webcast live on the IMA website.

I would encourage everyone to watch.  I, or some other forum member, will report the results here!  Let's keep our fingers crossed for our Celtic Woman nominees!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
    Fingers  crossed over  here  !    Cheesy     Go  MEAV  !  Go  Mairead  !   go  CW !     Kiss Kiss Kiss 

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 08:47PM »

don't  forget  that  there is  live  streaming  for  the IMA   at  3 p.m.   CST  tomorrow !      Go  Meav !  Go  Mairead !   Go  CW !    Go  Tommy  Martin !    Grin Grin Grin Grin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: