Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with the new CW Web Site  (Read 8443 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« on: October 05, 2007, 12:34PM »

I wrote to Alexa and asked if it would be appropriate for us to collect any issues we've had with the new site into a single list and pass it on to them.  Here is her reply:

"Absolutely Rich that would be great - It always helps to have more eyes looking at it as it's inevitable we will miss something. 
Thanks a million.
Alexa"

So I'm creating this thread as a repository for those posts.  This thread is not for casual conversations; please list only technical problems, and avoid duplicates.  And don't post any "improvements" you'd like to see.

I'd like to turn this around as quickly as possible, so I'm going to try and compile the list and send it off by next Wednesday, October 10.  And, of course, I'm also going to emphasize that we LOVE the new site and are grateful for their artistry and attention to detail.

Thanks,
Rich

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
chickie.monkey
Total Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 01:51PM »

It would be great if they could update the bios  bad girl!

It appears the db lost my login information. have to sign up for a new account again
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 03:25PM by chickie.monkey » Logged

richard

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 01:52PM »

Just to let you know i have already sent some information about some of their spelling mistakes they should be fixed soon,  also i did have a problem with my browser showing a 1/2 in the text in several places they said it was my browser like to know if anyone else has the same

there is a bad post on the dates for the Fort Myers concert that is being corrected

this was done Oct 4
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 01:55PM by richard » Logged
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 01:56PM »

It would be great if they could update the bios
And don't post any "improvements" you'd like to see.
As I stated in my original post, this is not the time or place to request additions or improvements to the site.  Give the webmaster a chance to fix the problems before we ask for new features and content.  Also, this thread may come in handy for those of you have have problems that are computer or browser related.  In common computer terms, a "failure" isn't a failure unless it can be duplicated.  If you're the only one experiencing a problem, chances are it's related to your machine or software.  And we have people here with enough computer savvy to diagnose and solve many of those issues for you.

Erin, I'm not sure what's going on with your machine, but it definitely isn't a problem with the CW web site.  It may be your connection or your browser.  Have you tried installing Firefox?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 02:08PM by OldFatGuy » Logged

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 02:58PM »

I haven't had a chance to go thru everything but here are the things I found in  the Links Sections

Lisa - bad links probably due to the sites having gone down

Chloe, Lynn and Deirdre all say Can't be Displayed. These could be due to a bad address.

I check ed a few of the other categories and seemed to work great.

the web people have done a great job.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Moscapoet
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 03:34PM »

The diary entries are still out of order as they were in the old site. They all seem to be there so it isn't lack of content. All in all though a beautiful site.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 05:28PM »

Maybe we need to fix it.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 06:44PM »

• In the password reminder screen when you click on Send My Password, it returns a CGI error
  • In the links section both Lynn's and Deirdre's link are to chloeagnew.com
  • Also in the links section, there's a period at the end of Méav's link that shouldn't be there (http://www.meav.com.)
  • In the links section, the MAC link takes you to Apple computers website instead of http://www.maccosmetics.com/, the site of the cosmetics company that endorses the show
  • In the links section, the link to The Pirate Queen website takes you to the photo page of their site instead of to the main page.
  • Where the site is using the iso-8859-1 character set instead of utf-8 it's causing weird characters to display for things like quotation marks
  • The roll over animation for Méav's name on the Meet the Celtic Woman page says coming soon even though you can click on it and see her page
  • On The Show page the link for A Christmas Celebration just reloads the The Show page
  • The page for A New Journey is missing it's page title

aislin
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 06:47PM »

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!   Grin

Capn Davey

Your Dream's Do Come True!

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 07:03PM »

I guess this kind of thing happens a lot
html is a pain in tosh.
I'm not that good at it a verry rusty its been
about 10 years for me.
I'm just getting back into it like rideing
a bike(put the training wheels back on dad!)

dave

Banner By Celtic Fiddler

Amy Rivard Forum:
http://amyrivardforum.com/forum/
logalogalog

Remember the Fallen. Freedom is not free.

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 09:16PM »

Under the "press cuttings"section,all of the "PDF more information" and the "DOC more information" links come up saying "This page cannot be found."

It only be my compy being retarded,so I'll check it on a different computer tomorrow and see if a different computer has the same result.

Serving during Operation Iraqi Freedom
richard

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 10:47PM »

logalogalog and aislin

i don't know if you sent your finding on to CW, but i did send to them what you found if they have dup copies that's ok

status on web site links

the one for Deirdre is pointing to Chloe's web site which does not work (Will check this out)
Hayley's is ok
Meav's is ok
lynn's is pointing to Chloe's
Mairead's is ok
Chloe's does not work  (under construction by Chloe)
Lisa's points to the wrong person i don't think Lisa has a working site yet ( Lisa is trying to have the problem with her personal site sorted out)
Orla's is ok
David's point back to the celtic woman section called music (This will be amended shortly)

richard

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2007, 06:38AM »

To all the member of the Celtic Woman Forum

Saturday 6th October 2007

Hi Richard
Thank you once again for forwarding the list of small glitches that appear on the website.
We are working on these problems and "fine tuning" the website.
The help of you and all the fans is appreciated.
Have a good weekend.

Regards
John Flanagan
Celtic Woman

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2007, 08:20AM »

Where are the "Meet and Greet" photos? Huh

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2007, 09:33AM »

Kim, they don't take M&G photos any more, and they've stopped publishing the old ones.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: