Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SKBowers has blocked me on Twitter, I have done nothing to them. How to resolve?  (Read 16538 times)
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« on: December 28, 2014, 12:56PM »

So one of the people on Twitter I know of, a fellow CW fan, @SKBowers has decided to block me.

I haven't even said a word to her. I went to follow her one day and it said unknown error. Eventually I figured out she had blocked me!  Angry
Also up until today, I could also see her tweets, despite being blocked by her. Now Twitter has made it VERY RECENTLY so if you block someone, they can't even see your tweets!  Angry
Usually you can send someone a tweet and they get it and respond if they so choose. Twitter doesn't even send them a notification if you send a blocked person a message!  Angry

As someone who promotes inclusion of people of all abilities and level of functioning mentally, I am bloody outraged!!!
I've even had the same problem on Facebook. People blocking me whilly nilly with no provocation. Facebook sent me a survey one day and I told them bloody dry! I told them that "as someone with Asperger's Syndrome, Anxiety Disorder and ADHD, I find I get blocked for doing nothing wrong and that there should be some reconciliation/appeal process for those who are blocked by people you think are your friends!"

Blocking should be used as a last resort, not something taken as lightly as she is!

So if you could please send @SKBowers asking to unblock @urbanracer34, that would be great.

Bombard her inbox, seeing as I can't!

Jerad

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 04:26PM »

Oh, that's not good. Sad

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 03:03AM »

Hey Jared. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I also have Asperger's, and I've had "friends" block me out of nowhere. I normally don't say anything out loud, because I know people would tell me to "get over It" or whatever, but it really does hurt when that happens. I had a couple of friends I thought I was close with, and I thought I could trust, block me out of nowhere. I had one who kept blocking me and then refriending me and playing with my feelings and I eventually just stopped accepting their requests because I got sick of it. And another just blocked me without even telling me why and it made me question myself and wonder if I did anything wrong. I'm gonna be honest. When it comes to friends and relationships, I have trust and abandonment issues, and when a "friend" does stuff like that to me, it does bother me. Even though I try to tell myself that maybe that person isn't worth it. They probably aren't, but it doesn't change how it makes me feel. So I know what you're going through. I try really hard to be nice to people and not annoy them or make them mad because I hate upsetting people and when someone I'm close to unfriends me, it does hurt, and I question myself, and I feel guilty, but I don't know what I did.

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 11:39AM »

Hey Jared. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I also have Asperger's, and I've had "friends" block me out of nowhere. I normally don't say anything out loud, because I know people would tell me to "get over It" or whatever, but it really does hurt when that happens. I had a couple of friends I thought I was close with, and I thought I could trust, block me out of nowhere. I had one who kept blocking me and then refriending me and playing with my feelings and I eventually just stopped accepting their requests because I got sick of it. And another just blocked me without even telling me why and it made me question myself and wonder if I did anything wrong. I'm gonna be honest. When it comes to friends and relationships, I have trust and abandonment issues, and when a "friend" does stuff like that to me, it does bother me. Even though I try to tell myself that maybe that person isn't worth it. They probably aren't, but it doesn't change how it makes me feel. So I know what you're going through. I try really hard to be nice to people and not annoy them or make them mad because I hate upsetting people and when someone I'm close to unfriends me, it does hurt, and I question myself, and I feel guilty, but I don't know what I did.

Thanks for the support Tiffany, I already knew you have Aspergers. All of that stuff is true in my cases. No one ever tells me why they block me. and that is the part that maddens me, not just the block itself. No explanation or anything. "We rely on feedback so we can learn and grow," that is what I've said at some of the conferences that I have spoken at about my disability, and it's completely true.

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 02:00PM »

I'll have to say that the wrong blocking is unfair.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Integrity.Love.Unity.
Bodhrán Player

So let's go on, let's go on, on and on for love

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 07:17PM »

I came to this board to ask a member about blocking (I wasn't sure if it was appropriate or not, but I'll just say it anyways. I can always delete/alter this later). I tried to send them a message and they said I was blocked. I was just wanting to know if Tiffany Gray's album ever came out.

Blocking does suck. I used to get blocked a lot on Facebook, and I won't deny that I deserved at least three of them. But it should be a last resort, after speaking to the person and telling you what you did that bothered them. Seeing that this is an old thread, did the issue get resolved?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: