Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW on the Late Late Show 1/9/15  (Read 13400 times)
Lily Anna
Total Fanatic

« on: January 09, 2015, 07:23PM »

In case you missed it Smiley :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npVVmvx7tLI
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 01:01PM by Lily Anna » Logged

Thanks, Shining Bright!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 08:14PM »

This  was  a  nice  thought  Lily,  but  it  seems  that  the  RTE  blocked  this  video  because  of  copyright  issues.    That  would have  been  pretty  cool  to  see.   Cool

Lily Anna
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 09:12PM »

Darn! It was fine when I posted the link  Sad

Thanks, Shining Bright!
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 05:00AM »

Here is the link to the official video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npVVmvx7tLI
Smiley

It's great!

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 06:21AM »

COOL !    Cheesy   That's  a  new  tweak- to  have  Caledonia  as  a   group  number.  Sounds great-all  of  it.  And  the  "little  black  dress "  look  R*O*C*K*S  .     Cheesy 

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 07:39AM »

I especially noticed the dresses. While CW wore they're normal tour or ceili dresses in most tv apperances, they used to wear little black dresses in the earliest apperances, from 2004 to 2007. And they do now. Also, I've noticed how good they sounded. Just like they do on stage. Because I usually don't like most of their apperances on TV. For some reason, they don't sing well then or are lip-synched because of the channel's rules. :/ But this apperance was fantastic!

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 11:35AM »

I watched it live. I noticed it on Celtic Woman's website the time in Dublin. I punched it into a time converter, and when I realized it was in 6 minutes I tried to get my capture software going. Sadly it didn't work. (RTE must've blocked it, I got it from a reliable source)

Loved the dresses, the performance and everything! Smiley

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Lily Anna
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 01:08PM »

I especially noticed the dresses. While CW wore they're normal tour or ceili dresses in most tv apperances, they used to wear little black dresses in the earliest apperances, from 2004 to 2007. And they do now. Also, I've noticed how good they sounded. Just like they do on stage. Because I usually don't like most of their apperances on TV. For some reason, they don't sing well then or are lip-synched because of the channel's rules. :/ But this apperance was fantastic!

Thanks! I edited my first post to include the correct link. I think the reason they don't sound good on tv appearances is because the studio doesn't have good acoustics for singing. Most of the studios are built for speaking, so when musical acts appear, the sound ends up being less than optimal, even if they are singing the exact same way as they would sing during a show.

Thanks, Shining Bright!
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 04:07PM »

It's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing!

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 02:18AM »

Thank you for posting, what a treat! The girls look and sound great! Can't wait for march now!! Oh and the synan video they posted about there new dresses to, looks absolutely perfect! ( I was t going to watch but it really didn't give away much!)

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 04:04AM »

Thanks! I edited my first post to include the correct link. I think the reason they don't sound good on tv appearances is because the studio doesn't have good acoustics for singing. Most of the studios are built for speaking, so when musical acts appear, the sound ends up being less than optimal, even if they are singing the exact same way as they would sing during a show.
No problem. Yes, that might be a reason. For example a Danny Boy performance from 2013 was horrible... and CW got a lot of mean comments, because they've lost their quality. Which is just wrong. Another thing might be, that they lip synch in some tv shows, even though they never do that in reality. Doesn't suit them.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 09:31AM »

No problem. Yes, that might be a reason. For example a Danny Boy performance from 2013 was horrible... and CW got a lot of mean comments, because they've lost their quality. Which is just wrong. Another thing might be, that they lip synch in some tv shows, even though they never do that in reality. Doesn't suit them.
I agree with that! Because I know, from seeing them on the tour, that the girls (Mairead C and Susan, in particular) always have a bit more power to the climax of Mo Ghile Mear.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 11:00AM »

I haven't seen them live yet, but the YT videos from the tours I've seen are excellent performances, while tv apperances often don't show off their talent. This performance was not nearly as good as their live performances, but by far better than other tv apperances! It was good.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: