Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Green the Whole Year Round, meaning?  (Read 71472 times)
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« on: January 09, 2015, 08:30PM »

Does anyone know the meaning of the song, Green the Whole Year Round? I'm not sure if I've talked about this before or not. But I thought that I would ask about it.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 09:16PM »

To me I see it that the earth and the world still is green, has green even through whatever season passes by. Green the whole year round, beautiful no matter how, what....! Smiley Green is a color of as of described as lovely~
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 09:22PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 07:04AM »

To me, it seems to me similar to O Christmas Tree, just a bit more complex. But let's not forget, that O Christmas Tree, O Tannenbaum was originally O Mägdelein and about a female servant who was very loyal. I guess the evergreen trees are a metaphor for loyalty and faithfulness in both songs.

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 08:30AM »

To me, it seems to me similar to O Christmas Tree, just a bit more complex. But let's not forget, that O Christmas Tree, O Tannenbaum was originally O Mägdelein and about a female servant who was very loyal. I guess the evergreen trees are a metaphor for loyalty and faithfulness in both songs.
That's  interesting  .  I  never  thought  of  it  that  way.   Cool

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 12:57PM »

Loyalty/faithfulness puts it well for the love for green..  Wink

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 11:02PM »

I'm probably the only person who thinks that the song might be about death. I could give more of a reasoning if someone wants me to.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: