Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apparently Celtic Woman and Hayley Westenra influenced Jackie Evancho from young!  (Read 5671 times)
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« on: January 20, 2015, 11:32PM »

I recently became a fan of Jackie (first it was her looks on the cover of her latest album, THEN her voice. Funny how that works, eh? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes) and I decided for "the lulz" to type in her website to the WayBack machine, a digital history of the internet project if you would.

I eventually went through the links of a version of Jackie's site (mostly text and missing images that were not archived) and found her old youtube channel. None of the videos worked anymore, and I haven't done more digging, but I took this snapshot of some of the bio information that I thought was interesting.

The image is a full sized screen grab and it clearly states Hayley Westenra and Celtic Woman as a couple of her influences.

Also, if you type in the url http://www.youtube.com/user/usedmeb4 from back in 2010 into your address bar, it redirects to Jackie's official youtube channel, confirming it's the same account renamed.

It's great yet weird that one of the greatest youngest singers on our planet was influenced by a group that we all know and love dearly.

Jerad

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 05:01AM »

It  seems  that "songbirds  of  a  feather, flock  together  in  spirit"  .        Cool   

celtic.cutie

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 11:35AM »

I thought I heard her say "Celtic Woman" in an old YouTube video where she sang Carrickfergus!

Hey, I'm Anne! Shocked)
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 02:53PM »

I assumed that Cheesy

Ooooh, I SO miss the old YT design!!!

celtic.cutie

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 09:12PM »

I assumed that Cheesy

Ooooh, I SO miss the old YT design!!!

I barely remember it!

Hey, I'm Anne! Shocked)
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 01:54PM »

That's awesome, and she does remind me of a young Chloe. Smiley

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 03:46PM »

I can't agree here o.O There are no similarities in their personality and apperance (except that both are some lovely, kind and good-looking young women) and their voices are veeery different. While Chloe used to have a gentle voice that suited her age, she sung with lots of ease. Jackie's voice always sounded way older than her real age and she had a very hard time breathing and using her technique which was actually way to much for her and she just recently "grew into" it. By now, she sounds a lot like Katherine Jenkins or Tarja Turunen - very dark and rich. Both are fantastic singers in their own right, but I can't see or hear any similarities.

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 03:56PM »

That's awesome, and she does remind me of a young Chloe. Smiley

celtic.cutie

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 09:55PM »

I can't agree here o.O There are no similarities in their personality and apperance (except that both are some lovely, kind and good-looking young women) and their voices are veeery different. While Chloe used to have a gentle voice that suited her age, she sung with lots of ease. Jackie's voice always sounded way older than her real age and she had a very hard time breathing and using her technique which was actually way to much for her and she just recently "grew into" it. By now, she sounds a lot like Katherine Jenkins or Tarja Turunen - very dark and rich. Both are fantastic singers in their own right, but I can't see or hear any similarities.

I'm with you there!

Hey, I'm Anne! Shocked)
Chloeandeahbafan1

im kennedy i have ausim and love celtic woman

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 03:18PM »

awesome also I like Jackie too

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: