Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Photos from Dusseldorf show, 3 February  (Read 4821 times)
Dan

Éireannach

« on: February 03, 2015, 11:00PM »

http://www.ruhrnachrichten.de/leben-und-erleben/bilder/cme170352,5030866

The coding is wonky on the page, so you have to click on the photo you want to see each time. Enjoy!

Also, it looks like Mairead Nesbitt's dress that was a suit/dress/tails combo has been altered as well in the gold ensemble lineup.

EDIT:

I've done some more snooping around with my limited German skills, and have also come across a show review of sorts. I say "of sorts" only because it's in German and rather short so if you don't speak auf Deutsch you'll need a translator service on your browser.

http://www.halternerzeitung.de/leben-und-erleben/unterhaltung/region_erleben/Celtic-Woman-Amazing-Grace-auf-dem-Dudelsack;art113037,2613773
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 11:18PM by Dan » Logged

20 June 2007-Portland, ME
22 March 2012-Manchester, NH
2 March 2013-Portland, ME
30 May 2014-Bangor, ME
28 March 2015-Portland, ME
28 June 2016-Lowell, MA
9 April 2017-Portland, ME
4 April 2018-Portland, ME
Danny

Boys will be boys.

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 11:45AM »

I've been to Düsseldorf yesterday. I really liked the show! Last years' BELIEVE has been better though. I really missed Lisa L and they had some sound issues yesterday which was kinda annoying.

I totally loved Susans HERE TO STAY! I wish we'll hear some studio version in the future. It fits her very well! CALEDONIA is on of my favourite CW songs - by Lisa K or Susan, they both do a pretty good job on that track! But I didn't like the new arrangement. SUSAN was accompanied by Brian (piano) which sounded a bit flat - I missed the orchestral arrangements. Susan even said some words in German which was really sweet  Smiley

Lynn seemed a little bored  Undecided It was the first time for me seeing her live on stage and in my opinion she cannot replace Lisa L - I liked her rendition of SCARBOROUGH FAIR though!

Mairéad C is a lovely addition! I love her voice! NELLA FANTASIA was stunning  Shocked it had a calm guitar arrangement to it.

Máiréad N was incredible as always. I cannot get enough of GRAINAUILE'S DANCE!

They opened the show with THE SKY AND THE DAWN AND THE SUN (extended)- perfect opener for 10th anniversary celebration. And they finished with a SKY-DAWN-SUN reprise including the introduction to the musicians. I wish we will get some live recording of that on a future deluxe edition cd  Smiley

All in all it was a good show, but by far not the best performance I saw by our lovely girls  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 11:47AM by Danny » Logged

Dan

Éireannach

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 12:17PM »

Thanks for the review!

20 June 2007-Portland, ME
22 March 2012-Manchester, NH
2 March 2013-Portland, ME
30 May 2014-Bangor, ME
28 March 2015-Portland, ME
28 June 2016-Lowell, MA
9 April 2017-Portland, ME
4 April 2018-Portland, ME
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 02:59PM »

You know, Dan, looking at some pics reminds me of Elsa from Disney's Frozen. The cape below the shoulders?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: