Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mairéad Carlin about being single and Swiss men (translated by me)  (Read 8982 times)
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« on: February 09, 2015, 03:13AM »

Hi, my dears! I have found a Mai C interview, it's either from yesterday or today. It sais it was last edited yesterday but published today. Ah, I don't know Grin

Here's the link: http://www.blick.ch/people-tv/musik/celtic-woman-saengerin-mairead-carlin-ueber-ihr-single-dasein-als-star-ich-wuensche-mir-einen-schweizer-mann-id3467386.html

And here is my translation for all those who don't speak German:

BLICK: You've already toured the whole world. Where do you like to be the most?
Mairéad Carlin: The wideness and openness of the USA impress me. But if I had to choose, it would be Europe. The culture, the history, the lifestyle - every country has its peculiarity.

Where are the fans the maddest?
We have the most loyal fans in the USA. Some of them follow us from state to state. We see them every evening in the first row, so they are somehow part of the family. I would not call them mad, but very, very loyal.

Celtic Woman have sold more than six million phonograms. What's their secret of success?
We perform very honest, Irish songs. They mostly tell a story, the people can identify with. I, too, was a great fan of Celtic Woman before I joined band.

You've joined Celtic Woman in 2013 as the youngest member.
The offer was a gift from heaven. I was on a crossroad in my career. I couldn't live from my music back then. I've thought about giving up my dream of a career as a professional singer. Being able to perform in the whole world sometimes seems nearly surreal to me. But it all has a price.

What do you mean?
It ruined my last relationship. My ex-boyfriend couldn't handle that I was always on the road. I think on has to grant oneself much freedom, but that didn't work for us. So, if you Swiss men are more tolerant - call me. I'm still single.

Do you like the Swiss men?
Yes, I want a Swiss man. It's always said that they are reserved and a little stiff. I haven't noticed that during our last concert. You are just as good as partying as Irish [people]. But you are better dressed.

Celtic Woman surely has lots of male fans. You surely can hardly save yourself from proposals.
I wish, it was like that. I'd love to have a man on my side. But in that matter, it's currently very quiet in my life.

How do you spend your free days?
Preferably in the kitchen. I love to bake and cook. My sister is a Vegan and I make big improvements in Vegan cooking.

Do you live Vegan, too?
About 80%. It's difficult to live only Vegan on tour, which is why I am not that consequent.

You will perform in the Züricher Hallenstadion on the 20th of February. What can the audience expect?
An energetic show with a great backing and dancers. We want to show the audience their favourite songs for the 10 year Anniversary of Celtic Woman. No one will go home dissapointed.

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 04:49AM »

Thanks Chiara...this  was  quite  interesting.    Cool

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 05:06AM »

I'm glad you like it, James Smiley

I thought it was very interesting, too. Especially the "crossroad" part. I didn't knew she wanted to give up singing!

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 11:47AM »

Thanks for the translation Chiara. Very interesting. Smiley
Thank goodness she didn't give up singing, she has a wonderful voice.

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 12:58PM »

Great, right? CW helped Hayley with her health and kept Mai C from giving up singing. Plus, it's a great carer boost for all the girls! CW is awesome! Cheesy

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 07:02PM »

CW helped Hayley with her health.

I agree with you that it's great for the girls and that it provides a career boost for them, but I could use a citation for the quoted part of your post.

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 12:42PM »

Thanks Chiara, it's a really nice read. Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: