Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Synan posted this :O  (Read 21442 times)
Excalibur

« on: February 12, 2015, 07:22AM »

Hey guys, take a look at THIS

https://twitter.com/Synanomahony/status/565847781102088192/photo/1

Looks like Synan has created a new dress for Méav and he used the hashtag #CW10  Shocked Shocked Shocked

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 07:37AM »

Nothing like coming home from a bad night at work and seeing that post! I cannot sleep now from the excitement!! I actually get to see and meet Meav!! I am super excited! Now the question is are we going to get a surprise and have 4 singers or is she switching with Lynn?! I hope Lynn stays and Meav joins in, either way I am still excited!!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 08:21AM »

Méav said in a comment she can't wait for NEXT WEEK!!! O.O

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 09:12AM »

Okay gang! Not to poop on everyone's excitement, but let's all just calm down and breathe.... And in... And out... Now! It seems Meav is doing something with regards to this 10th Anniversary Tour. We don't know what. Let's not jump to any conclusions or start getting our hopes up until we have more info.
Excalibur

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 09:17AM »

You're right Mattycakes, but it was too interesting to keep you from knowing  Grin
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 09:20AM by Excalibur » Logged

Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 10:22AM »

Synan favorited my tweet where I was guessing that Meav would come back for the US Tour Wink that would explain why Lynn solos are Dulaman and Scarborough Fair, both have been sung by Meav during A New Journey Tour.
I would love to see Meav next week at Hamburg but I guess it would be Lynn. It doesn't bother me, I haven't see Lynn for 5 years and I already met Meav when she did her gig in France Grin

Or this dress might be for a future taping... Grin We will find out soon anyway Wink
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:44AM by Dinozzzo » Logged

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 11:39AM »

Maybe she can fulfill the dreams I've really had some nights.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 01:33PM »

If, IF, Meav is indeed returning, I'm not so sure how I feel. She is a tremendously talented singer. There's no denying it and I certainly acknowledge and adore her soaring soprano voice. But in terms of performance, Meav was always the least appealing. Even in songs like Sing Out she was a bit lackluster. So I'm not so sure how well she'd fit in this much more physical show!

Furthermore, I wonder if David will change the vocals around with her there. As it stands Mairead C sings most of the higher notes, Susan brings the power vocals, and Lynn covers the lower harmonies. The only times this isn't the case are on Orinoco Flow where its (from high to low) Lynn, Susan, Mairead, and Danny Boy, where the vocals fluctuate. But on SDS, Mairead sings Meav's old high notes. Same with Mo Ghile Mear. See what I'm saying?
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 01:51PM »

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think it matters that much.  Meav is a total pro, VERY smart, and can sing ANYTHING.  I'm sure she and GENIUS David will come up with a plan that will make us all very happy to see Meav again. Smiley
My 2 cents...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 01:54PM by Jim M. » Logged
Excalibur

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 02:54PM »

I think that CW is becoming a little TOO physical, actually. I always loved the first two-three DVDs which were more classy and focused on the music without all the dancing. Moving too much means a poor vocal performance and even lip-sync -___- Having Méav back on tour would bring a little of the original Celtic Woman classy style, especially for the 10th anniversary.

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 03:14PM »

I never was a big fan of all the hand/arm waving they do on some songs.  And, some of the dancing and walking around during songs seems a little strange. Huh
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 03:34PM »

I can agree on some of that. But even back then they had a couple songs with some dancing. I can't see Meav doing all the dancing to TAR and Nil. And I LOVE those two songs. Orinoco Flows new choreography doesn't bug me like it does some, but I didn't mind the old choreography either. SDS I think had too much walking about, but other than those, it doesn't deviate that much.

Assuming she sings Dulaman, that's one where I preferred Lisa's performance. And I also liked Mairead and Lynn jamming to Si Do Mhaimeo I!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 06:53PM »

If, IF, Meav is indeed returning, I'm not so sure how I feel. She is a tremendously talented singer. There's no denying it and I certainly acknowledge and adore her soaring soprano voice. But in terms of performance, Meav was always the least appealing. Even in songs like Sing Out she was a bit lackluster. So I'm not so sure how well she'd fit in this much more physical show!

Furthermore, I wonder if David will change the vocals around with her there. As it stands Mairead C sings most of the higher notes, Susan brings the power vocals, and Lynn covers the lower harmonies. The only times this isn't the case are on Orinoco Flow where its (from high to low) Lynn, Susan, Mairead, and Danny Boy, where the vocals fluctuate. But on SDS, Mairead sings Meav's old high notes. Same with Mo Ghile Mear. See what I'm saying?
   Meav  did  just  fine  in  songs  like  "At  The  Ceili"   and  "Orinoco  Flow"   .  Lackluster  is  the  LAST   thing  I would  call  her.       ......   Meav  has  the highest  voice  of all  .....   Meav  is  more  physically  agile  than  you are  giving  her  credit.  and  personally....her  'shoulder  wriggles"  in  Dulaman  are  simply  delish  and  flirty  and  elegant  all  at  the  same  time . 

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2015, 07:02PM »

I think that CW is becoming a little TOO physical, actually. I always loved the first two-three DVDs which were more classy and focused on the music without all the dancing. Moving too much means a poor vocal performance and even lip-sync -___- Having Méav back on tour would bring a little of the original Celtic Woman classy style, especially for the 10th anniversary.
  Thank  you  Excalibur ....    Smiley     

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2015, 07:09PM »

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think it matters that much.  Meav is a total pro, VERY smart, and can sing ANYTHING.  I'm sure she and GENIUS David will come up with a plan that will make us all very happy to see Meav again. Smiley
My 2 cents...
  Thank  you  too Jim !    Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: