Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Synan posted this :O  (Read 21033 times)
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 07:10PM »

Méav said in a comment she can't wait for NEXT WEEK!!! O.O
   EEP !  Tell  me  to  calm  down  Chiara  !    Grin 

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 07:19PM »

Méav said in a comment she can't wait for NEXT WEEK!!! O.O
   EEP !  Tell  me  to  calm  down  Chiara  !    Grin 
I'm not Chiara, but CALM DOWN!! Wink
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2015, 09:32PM »

So exciting!
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2015, 07:40AM »

Well, Shiny is Chiara. She can explain something about this.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2015, 08:10AM »

If Lynn has done what Lisa Lambe has done except for Lisa's Dulaman which no one should copy
Meav can do it, and whether or not is not important whether Meav does differently on Tour
Meav is a pro being Meav. As long as an original to Celtic Woman fans will be happy to hear her voice
with the group.
Home For Christmas for example Meav was herself, and she was the star alongside Lisa and Susan.
This time will be the same.

It makes sense now Scarborough Fair in the song list, what was to be a Lisa alternation
would require change?? Bridge over troubled water Lisa version, but seems Lynn's talk may change again.
No one thought Lynn would stay after the US Emerald Tour either.

It was always a Dream of mine to see Lynn
do The Parting Glass, or TAR it completes the Believe that we would of got from
her if she had stayed on,

But now Meav singing Amazing Grace from Songs From The Heart.
Mairead Carlin will be happy too since she wasn't apart of Home For Christmas
she can sing with Meav now.
haha
Can I have both Lynn and Meav together.

I was worried for Lynn if she doesn't tour the entire tour especially in the US
Lisa would alternate, I love them both but Lynn is my favorite. : )
now with Meav news, Meav is my favorite, so either one, the two are my favorites : )
I'm happy now.

Yes, we need more news
it could be just news of a Anniversary TV Special
but if Meav says can't wait for next week
that's a sign.
 Shocked

her surprise tweets are too much for me

just like
when she said
"I hear sleigh bells"

her tweet for telling about Home For Christmas Special.

Although that was not so surprising since
she done the CD for it, it made sense
Mairead was just new in, what was surprising was Chloe not being a part.

someone, a fan just earlier like a short while ago they wish Meav to come back
participate, for another special project or Tour.

HE WAS RIGHT  Shocked Shocked Shocked
WOW
People
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 08:19AM by RealFan c-w » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2015, 08:15AM »

RealFan-c-w, Scarborough Fan was not exactly Hayley's. Teh ANJ tour was with five girls having three solos and the solos for Méav (and therefore Hayley and Lynn) were Dúlaman, Scarborough Fair and Danny Boy. The DVD with two girls for teh same part, had Méav getting two of the three solos and Hayley getting one of them and another one.

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2015, 08:22AM »

That's why
I heard a video with a photo of Meav
and her voice do it on Youtube
same instrumentals as ANJ

It was Hayley's for ANJ on that special

Thanks Shining Bright.
The facts we need Cool

« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 08:28AM by RealFan c-w » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2015, 08:35AM »

Meav  did  just  fine  in  songs  like  "At  The  Ceili"   and  "Orinoco  Flow"   .  Lackluster  is  the  LAST   thing  I would  call  her.       ......   Meav  has  the highest  voice  of all  .....   Meav  is  more  physically  agile  than  you are  giving  her  credit.  and  personally....her  'shoulder  wriggles"  in  Dulaman  are  simply  delish  and  flirty  and  elegant  all  at  the  same  time .  
[From Raving-Meaviac]

Thank You Raving Meav Cool
Well said, of Meav

I was very moved by the Dulaman wriggle intake
Whoever says the show now is become too physical
as long as Meav can move her own moves
she will catch all of our attention of her beauty beyond her voice
the speed won't count,

Mairead Carlin, Lynn,and Susan and of course always fast 10 year's straight our own Mairead Nesbitt can be fast they're the young girls

Meav is the Celtic Woman who should make her own entrance
scene, her speed, her moves, her power to the 10th Anniversary.

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2015, 08:48AM »

We need the full details,

I don't want us to be too excited, Meav said next
week, doesn't guarantee a full tour,
it could be a short appearance, next week is the last week in Europe

If no appearance next week could translate as rehearsals, training, dress fitted, in preparation for US TOUR
It was said earlier, Lynn would be opening the tour and be apart of the European sector of the 10th Anniversary Tour.
will she stay? Thinking about it, Lynn took through so much in 2014 for Lisa Lambe she was happy to fill in if anyone needed someone to.
If Lisa has dropped the alternate position now hearing Meav wanting to join it's natural for her to fill in for Lynn. Cool

I will wait and see what is happening,
before commenting on this subject and getting over too excited.
I don't want to disappoint myself on another Dream. Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 09:25AM by RealFan c-w » Logged

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2015, 09:35AM »

If, IF, Meav is indeed returning, I'm not so sure how I feel. She is a tremendously talented singer. There's no denying it and I certainly acknowledge and adore her soaring soprano voice. But in terms of performance, Meav was always the least appealing. Even in songs like Sing Out she was a bit lackluster. So I'm not so sure how well she'd fit in this much more physical show!

Furthermore, I wonder if David will change the vocals around with her there. As it stands Mairead C sings most of the higher notes, Susan brings the power vocals, and Lynn covers the lower harmonies. The only times this isn't the case are on Orinoco Flow where its (from high to low) Lynn, Susan, Mairead, and Danny Boy, where the vocals fluctuate. But on SDS, Mairead sings Meav's old high notes. Same with Mo Ghile Mear. See what I'm saying?

Meav  did  just  fine  in  songs  like  "At  The  Ceili"   and  "Orinoco  Flow"   .  Lackluster  is  the  LAST   thing  I would  call  her.       ......   Meav  has  the highest  voice  of all  .....   Meav  is  more  physically  agile  than  you are  giving  her  credit.  and  personally....her  'shoulder  wriggles"  in  Dulaman  are  simply  delish  and  flirty  and  elegant  all  at  the  same  time . 
If you notice what I said earlier, I mentioned that I love her voice. I think her singing is tremendous! The only 2 Celtic Woman girls who can compete with her in terms of both range and power are Haley and Chloe. That being said, I didn't care much for her performance. In my opinion, she seemed stale compared to the other girls. I know a lot of people talk about her personality and her "wiggles" that she constantly does and about her elegance and demeanor on stage. I'm not doubting that. I was simply pointing out that she seemed to have the least amount of fun onstage from what I've seen. And, let's face it, if they're not having fun onstage, we're not having fun offstage.

With all that being said, do not misunderstand me. If Meav truly is returning, I would most certainly welcome it! It would be wonderful to see her live. I only pointed out the situation with the vocals because I'm curious as to how it will be done. Take the HFC cd for example. At that point in time, Chloe was the high, power singer of the group. When Meav returned for that album, it was back to Meav singing the high notes again, with Chloe mostly in the middle range and occasionally going into the higher range. I'm curious if David will reconfigure the vocals for Meav's return.

Before anyone tries to tell me what a pro Meav is and that she'll sing whatever, and what a genius David is and he'll do whatever, I KNOW THIS. I know Meav's a pro and David's a genius and that they'll make it work. I'm just curious as to HOW that will work. As it stands, Mairead Carlin sings the higher notes that Chloe used to sing. Now! Don't get me wrong! I LOVE Mairead C (and really wish that I Know My Love had stayed on the tour cuz that song was AWESOME!) and think she's tremendously talented and can certainly hit the high notes with gusto. But certain songs, in particular the climax of both Mo Ghile Mear and The Parting Glass, she lacks the tremendous power that Chloe dug up. And so, to me, those two songs didn't resonate with as much power on the tour. Now! Seeing as Chloe and now Mairead are singing Meav's old high notes on Mo Ghile Mear, I wonder if Meav will be taking those back again. Or is she'll do what Lynn did and sing Lisa Lambe's lower parts almost exclusively. I also wonder about TAR and if Meav will take Lisa's old parts in that song, or if they'll move Susan or Mairead into that part (based upon personality).
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2015, 10:45AM »

Also, it seems to be confirmed Meav will be returning for some duration. If you look at Celtic Woman's Twitter page, Meav's handle is listed in the Bio along with the other soloists.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2015, 11:11AM »

I assume Méav will fill in for Lisa/Lynn for a short period until they have found a new permanent member.

As for the harmonies - all of them are sopranos, Méav has the widst range. However, her voice goes both higher AND deeper than that of the other girls. David knows how to arrange the songs to suit all the girl's voices perfectly. It will work.

The show always had and now has some more dance-y but also some still parts. It's always been like that. All girls have their strenghts and I dare say Méav is more agile than Lynn and even Lynn moves well.

CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2015, 11:35AM »

im sorry, but I think that Meav will not be touring, she has two children, one of them is of school age.  Shes not going to leave her young children to go on a 4 month tour.  I just cant see it. I think there might be a special which may be announced in the next month or two. Let me say this though: I sure hope im proven wrong about what I said above! If Meav hadn't joined CW, I wouldn't have become a huge CW fan until 2007 when Lynn joined.  This is me just not getting my hopes up.

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2015, 08:26PM »

If, IF, Meav is indeed returning, I'm not so sure how I feel. She is a tremendously talented singer. There's no denying it and I certainly acknowledge and adore her soaring soprano voice. But in terms of performance, Meav was always the least appealing. Even in songs like Sing Out she was a bit lackluster. So I'm not so sure how well she'd fit in this much more physical show!

Furthermore, I wonder if David will change the vocals around with her there. As it stands Mairead C sings most of the higher notes, Susan brings the power vocals, and Lynn covers the lower harmonies. The only times this isn't the case are on Orinoco Flow where its (from high to low) Lynn, Susan, Mairead, and Danny Boy, where the vocals fluctuate. But on SDS, Mairead sings Meav's old high notes. Same with Mo Ghile Mear. See what I'm saying?

Meav  did  just  fine  in  songs  like  "At  The  Ceili"   and  "Orinoco  Flow"   .  Lackluster  is  the  LAST   thing  I would  call  her.       ......   Meav  has  the highest  voice  of all  .....   Meav  is  more  physically  agile  than  you are  giving  her  credit.  and  personally....her  'shoulder  wriggles"  in  Dulaman  are  simply  delish  and  flirty  and  elegant  all  at  the  same  time .  
If you notice what I said earlier, I mentioned that I love her voice. I think her singing is tremendous! The only 2 Celtic Woman girls who can compete with her in terms of both range and power are Haley and Chloe. That being said, I didn't care much for her performance. In my opinion, she seemed stale compared to the other girls. I know a lot of people talk about her personality and her "wiggles" that she constantly does and about her elegance and demeanor on stage. I'm not doubting that. I was simply pointing out that she seemed to have the least amount of fun onstage from what I've seen. And, let's face it, if they're not having fun onstage, we're not having fun offstage.

With all that being said, do not misunderstand me. If Meav truly is returning, I would most certainly welcome it! It would be wonderful to see her live. I only pointed out the situation with the vocals because I'm curious as to how it will be done. Take the HFC cd for example. At that point in time, Chloe was the high, power singer of the group. When Meav returned for that album, it was back to Meav singing the high notes again, with Chloe mostly in the middle range and occasionally going into the higher range. I'm curious if David will reconfigure the vocals for Meav's return.

Before anyone tries to tell me what a pro Meav is and that she'll sing whatever, and what a genius David is and he'll do whatever, I KNOW THIS. I know Meav's a pro and David's a genius and that they'll make it work. I'm just curious as to HOW that will work. As it stands, Mairead Carlin sings the higher notes that Chloe used to sing. Now! Don't get me wrong! I LOVE Mairead C (and really wish that I Know My Love had stayed on the tour cuz that song was AWESOME!) and think she's tremendously talented and can certainly hit the high notes with gusto. But certain songs, in particular the climax of both Mo Ghile Mear and The Parting Glass, she lacks the tremendous power that Chloe dug up. And so, to me, those two songs didn't resonate with as much power on the tour. Now! Seeing as Chloe and now Mairead are singing Meav's old high notes on Mo Ghile Mear, I wonder if Meav will be taking those back again. Or is she'll do what Lynn did and sing Lisa Lambe's lower parts almost exclusively. I also wonder about TAR and if Meav will take Lisa's old parts in that song, or if they'll move Susan or Mairead into that part (based upon personality).

MattyCakes, I appreciate your response, very much I support it you know why
because you are 100% true, I'm Happy you understand Meav as much as I do

Pointing out that she seemed to have the least amount of fun onstage is true.
I always like to pay attention to each girls presence on show you can catch each they're individual personalities, they're all different

For example: Looking at the Original PBS Special at the Helix no one saw a difference then because
Chloe, Lisa, Meav and even Orla song, there solos, stood straight, took it serious,
for them it was a one night event, focus do what you have to do.
Since A New Journey we got to learn from they're personalities, it was more fun to them, they're character showed
and Meav stayed herself, she participated but I see where you see it.
I just hope the company treatment didn't impact that, after Deirdre, Meav, Hayley & Orla left which could of been the result. Sad

To be honest I would add Alex Sharpe to the same level compete as Meav,
 from her short time with Celtic Woman and most of the specials they gave her
the lower parts after Orla left, Alex is very high and low, her voice is powerful.
I love to hear Lynn and Meav for pure blend
but would love to hear Alex and Meav for the power level.

It's understandable to figure out how it will work out, but if Meav is especially happy to join, you could be in for a surprise you
didn't see out of her. Lynn is surprising she is comfortable with Celtic Woman it feels right for her, she isn't the new one but the veteran.

I miss the old style, it was professional, but now it makes the song become more enjoyable to respond as well.
Lisa Lambe's twist on movement in Dulaman got our attention I think that's how it started to work in 2010- now.

At first the physicality was not what Celtic Woman was to me
but now to dance with the songs, and not just hear, but have some moves,
I like to act out move around to the song and dance like I'm one of them
especially TAR, I love they speeded up Nil Sen La it's a new twist.

but I love some physicality it doesn't make a difference because
Mairead Nesbitt has been doing it herself.

How will Meav get use to the change with the group version of Danny Boy
I don't know..
Normally if Danny Boy had stayed solo it would been the same 2 songs Lynn and Hayley
did for the ANJ tour Danny Boy, Dulaman, Scarborough Fair
and Meav Danny Boy and Dulaman. Wink

I think the new recipe for Celtic Woman to out top is to continue
this method certain members from the group from different times who've never performed
together have the opportunity to come together and make it work.
if that works, then Celtic Woman is the recipe of bringing girls from different backgrounds
but now different periods to create something beautiful even more beautiful
Celtic All Woman Together Grin

« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 08:50PM by RealFan c-w » Logged

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2015, 08:42PM »

One that I honestly wonder about is Teir Abhaile Riu! I wonder if Meav will sing Lisa's part. If I were David Downes, I'd switch Susan to Lisa's part and have Meav take Susan's old part. I know Meav can sing whichever part, but it makes more sense (to me anyway) to have the eldest of our ladies in that role.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: