Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Synan posted this :O  (Read 21381 times)
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2015, 09:07PM »

Lisa as the replacement of Lynn proved how it was a perfect pick from David the fact that
we can prove it hearing now with Lynn taking on Lisa's parts on Teir Abhaile Riu it's equally too good to be true! Shocked

Although when it comes to Meav no matter how she and Lynn work for Danny Boy(solo)
I don't think she matches with Lisa's part Wink,

Yes I'm David Downes you have my permission to switch Susan to Lisa's parts.
To me honestly, Mairead Carlin is capable of doing Lisa's part, because for that simple reason not to respect I can image
Susan doing it outstanding, but when the 2 other girls sing together, blending Susan and Meav seems to fit not because it's perfect.

Mairead Carlin has a unique tone, and a unique tone, too different from Meav might show contrast.
It's not like if Chloe and Meav sang it and Susan took Lisa's part. Mairead Carlin even though is great in Chloe's place
she isn't equally the same key tone as Chloe she has a unique edge that might
I say stands out. I do think have the 2 Blondes side along is epic like 2 sisters, different age though. haha

So for me,...my opinion to myself.
Mairead Carlin take Lisa's part, Susan stay's Susan and Meav takes over Mairead Carlin's old part.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 09:14PM by RealFan c-w » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2015, 09:43PM »

What ever Meav is doing, I'm happy for her

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2015, 03:18AM »

im sorry, but I think that Meav will not be touring, she has two children, one of them is of school age.  Shes not going to leave her young children to go on a 4 month tour.  I just cant see it. I think there might be a special which may be announced in the next month or two. Let me say this though: I sure hope im proven wrong about what I said above! If Meav hadn't joined CW, I wouldn't have become a huge CW fan until 2007 when Lynn joined.  This is me just not getting my hopes up.
Méav HAS gone touring. There was a Divinas tour at least planned, she also went to France for the recording. She has done several solo tours after her time with Celtic Woman.

Excalibur

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2015, 06:52AM »

The big difference between Méav and Lisa - and most of the other girls - is the phisicality, due to the fact that Méav (like Orla and Alex) is a little bit older. That said, I don't think that Méav can not shine on songs like Teir Abhaile Riù or Nil Se'n La. I remember that Nil Se'n La had a very very simple coreography when it was the opening song for the SFTH tour. We've seen Chloe dance a lot during the SFTH and Believe era, even when she hadn't lost all that weight already. So everything is possible.
Let's consider another thing: TAR has been on the setlist for three years, and NSL even more. Many other songs have not lasted that long, so it's possible that these could be dropped and some other song like At The Céili or Spanish Lady could be brought back - directly from the time when Méav was a full-time member, perfect choice IMHO for an Anniversary tour.

I will say again that I don't personally like the amount of dancing that CW has introduced year after year, because I think that the show should be more focused on the singing. I find very silly to give us DVD performances with consistent coreography on songs which require a lot of breath and sacrifice a good, live sound - let's be honest, we all know that every DVD has a good amount of lipsynced songs or at least they were live during the show but then the audio was replaced with the studio version. Sad bbut true, if we have eyes to look and ears to listen.

I would prefer a show with singers who are very still and capable of producing a pure, real and perfect vocal performance, intstead of a fake performance for the sake of dancing.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2015, 09:51AM »

The big difference between Méav and Lisa - and most of the other girls - is the phisicality, due to the fact that Méav (like Orla and Alex) is a little bit older. That said, I don't think that Méav can not shine on songs like Teir Abhaile Riù or Nil Se'n La. I remember that Nil Se'n La had a very very simple coreography when it was the opening song for the SFTH tour. We've seen Chloe dance a lot during the SFTH and Believe era, even when she hadn't lost all that weight already. So everything is possible.
Let's consider another thing: TAR has been on the setlist for three years, and NSL even more. Many other songs have not lasted that long, so it's possible that these could be dropped and some other song like At The Céili or Spanish Lady could be brought back - directly from the time when Méav was a full-time member, perfect choice IMHO for an Anniversary tour.

I will say again that I don't personally like the amount of dancing that CW has introduced year after year, because I think that the show should be more focused on the singing. I find very silly to give us DVD performances with consistent coreography on songs which require a lot of breath and sacrifice a good, live sound - let's be honest, we all know that every DVD has a good amount of lipsynced songs or at least they were live during the show but then the audio was replaced with the studio version. Sad bbut true, if we have eyes to look and ears to listen.

I would prefer a show with singers who are very still and capable of producing a pure, real and perfect vocal performance, intstead of a fake performance for the sake of dancing.
I can agree on some of what you said. But I like how CW has had at least 1 dancing song every tour. The Ceili songs are always so much fun! I enjoy the dancing numbers. But I don't enjoy all the movement that they added to songs like SDS, Orinoco Flow, and DANNY BOY in particular.
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2015, 11:02AM »

im sorry, but I think that Meav will not be touring, she has two children, one of them is of school age.  Shes not going to leave her young children to go on a 4 month tour.  I just cant see it. I think there might be a special which may be announced in the next month or two. Let me say this though: I sure hope im proven wrong about what I said above! If Meav hadn't joined CW, I wouldn't have become a huge CW fan until 2007 when Lynn joined.  This is me just not getting my hopes up.
Méav HAS gone touring. There was a Divinas tour at least planned, she also went to France for the recording. She has done several solo tours after her time with Celtic Woman.

in the end the Divinas tour was cancelled. Shes done a few concerts around Ireland & possibly a few other places but they weren't considered 'touring' They were random scattered dates.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 06:41PM by CelticWomanFan425 » Logged

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2015, 11:24AM »

I know it had been cancelled - but Méav considered touring.

Personally, I don't think she'll tour for a long time. I don't think Lynn ever planned to stay and we all know she prefers to be close to home. Méav will make an apperance for the Anniversary and tour for a short time and then we'll get a new permanent member.

CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2015, 11:31AM »

Good points. I believe that Lynn will only be there for a short amount of time since shes been with them a year now & that Meav will (obviously) be involved with the Anniversary special. Beyond that, no-one knows for sure but them.

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2015, 01:13PM »

As Much to How beautiful the setting background, location, the dresses,
the girl's appearances when it goes for the DVD specials, although
the studio sounding's for all the songs having to be perfect, for the DVD to be like the CD,
I find myself spending more enjoyment wanting to listen and finding any touring video's I could find
since I alway's seem to preferred them for the sounding of the girls but even for the instrumentals which
are quite really Different & feel more powerful than the instrumental sounding that we get from the DVD specials.
Even the live recording of South Bend had all the touring aspects, but when it came to the sound, it didn't sound live to me. Huh
Just Susan's voice added and Lisa's on Celtic Woman songs was the only attributes that made it different.

Except with the exception of the very first Helix DVD
where the sound is Celtic Woman no matter live or not.
As for the (2) Christmas specials they are equally enjoyable don't have to depend on live or not.
I love the chiling feeling you get on a live tour performance, but getting to hear a new blend
from past with current, and newcomer, Home For Christmas was a chill experience to watch.
Home For Christmas with All it's powerful group number's in it seems to stand out
from all the DVD's capturing Meav and Lisa together & supplying Susan's voice since Chloe's departure,
I thought of it be too overdue, having 3 very soprano high voices, worked out more powerfully than expected,
it almost worked as good as variety, ex: Lynn, Alex, Lisa & Chloe for instance.

Chloe can blend extremely well with Alex and Lisa L, and now
her maturity her voice can blend with Meav, but Susan I was surprised, even though she took place on Chloe's parts.
She nailed it, she captured the part of Chloe, Santa Claus is coming to town Chloe's number Susan saved it being fun, joyful, like
it was intended for Chloe.

Does the dancing take away the live quality of the songs, I don't think so
having watch Believe, and Emerald on Youtube since the last concert that came to my city
was SFTH with Lisa L in it, I have had to watch them now, but they were as live watching than attending.
Now that my city is for the 10th Anniversary, I'll be able to see for myself if whether the sound is lip-sync
due to all the dancing.  Cheesy

Celtic Woman just standing and showing us they're voices was profession, class, and elegance.
With the dancing, energy (except Mairead Nesbitt)  Wink it's turned to fun, but
Lisa, Lynn, Mairead C, & Susan and Chloe are young and it fits.

Meav we want to watch for her class posture that Celtic Woman was famous for just like the DIVINAS,
 voice use to be the beauty focal, Celtic Woman can be fun, but keeping class, poise keeps Celtic Woman from continue
 it to be important a world-wide sensation.  Cool

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 01:17PM by RealFan c-w » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2015, 01:49PM »

Meav's Addition to Celtic Woman Tenth Anniversary Tour

Adding a Four- Girl Line-up Just for the anniversary tour
is right to celebrate Celtic Woman's success.

The Sky and The Dawn and The Sun - All 4 & Mairead Nesbitt
Calin Alainn- Lynn Hilary (follows to dulaman)
Dulaman- Meav starts the song

Dulaman cont- Lynn (join's the following versus,duets with Meav taking Ray's parts)

newgrange
The Butterfly
The New Ground
Orinocco Flow (All 4) Meav as side singer
Amazing Grace - (Back to 4) Meav takes on Alex's former role.
Caledonia
After Hours

si di mhaimeio - Meav signature song takes with Mairead C
teir abhaile riu- Lynn, Susan, Mairead C
here to stay
nil sen la- Lynn, Susan, Mairead C, (Meav's choice to sideline Alex's former position)
danny boy- Back to 4 [First ever Meav performs Group rendition} her role is Alex's former position
mo ghile mhear- All 4
nella fantasia
you raise me up All 4 Lynn( Lisa Kelly& Orla beginner), Mairead C (Chloe's part comes second) Susan comes third, Meav duets with Susan at Susan's 2nd You Raise me Up verse, everyone follows to the end.

Dulaman taken from Meav new song needed to correct set list.
1 song for Meav, 1 song for Lynn

My Lagon Love - Meav (unless Lynn decides My Lagon Love & Gives Meav Scarborough Fair)

scarborough fair-  Lynn Hilary (if Meav chooses My Lagon Love)

Bonus* optional -The Last Rose of Summer- Meav & Lynn
the parting glass First Time with 4 Meav in sideline

Now Everyone is Happy Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy

CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2015, 02:08PM »

Meav's Addition to Celtic Woman Tenth Anniversary Tour

Adding a Four- Girl Line-up Just for the anniversary tour
is right to celebrate Celtic Woman's success.

The Sky and The Dawn and The Sun - All 4 & Mairead Nesbitt
Calin Alainn- Lynn Hilary (follows to dulaman)
Dulaman- Meav starts the song

Dulaman cont- Lynn (join's the following versus,duets with Meav taking Ray's parts)

newgrange
The Butterfly
The New Ground
Orinocco Flow (All 4) Meav as side singer
Amazing Grace - (Back to 4) Meav takes on Alex's former role.
Caledonia
After Hours

si di mhaimeio - Meav signature song takes with Mairead C
teir abhaile riu- Lynn, Susan, Mairead C
here to stay
nil sen la- Lynn, Susan, Mairead C, (Meav's choice to sideline Alex's former position)
danny boy- Back to 4 [First ever Meav performs Group rendition} her role is Alex's former position
mo ghile mhear- All 4
nella fantasia
you raise me up All 4 Lynn( Lisa Kelly& Orla beginner), Mairead C (Chloe's part comes second) Susan comes third, Meav duets with Susan at Susan's 2nd You Raise me Up verse, everyone follows to the end.

Dulaman taken from Meav new song needed to correct set list.
1 song for Meav, 1 song for Lynn

My Lagon Love - Meav (unless Lynn decides My Lagon Love & Gives Meav Scarborough Fair)

scarborough fair-  Lynn Hilary (if Meav chooses My Lagon Love)

Bonus* optional -The Last Rose of Summer- Meav & Lynn
the parting glass First Time with 4 Meav in sideline

Now Everyone is Happy Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy

works for me!!  Grin Grin  Cheesy Cheesy : Tongue

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2015, 11:54AM »

I honestly pray that, instead of Scarborough, Meav sings Marble Halls! That's by far my favorite Meav solo from CW.
dbbii

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2015, 03:31PM »

I was a little bummed out when I found out Lisa was not coming back.  Of course, I had already bought tickets to 4 shows before the official announcement came out.

Now I read there's a possibility Meav may come back, even if only for a short time. WOW.  I've never had the chance to meet her.  Maybe my luck will change this year.  Of my 4 shows, only 2 are M&G's, but they are spread out so who knows?

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2015, 05:11PM »

I honestly pray that, instead of Scarborough, Meav sings Marble Halls! That's by far my favorite Meav solo from CW.
good one! That would definitely mix up the songs a little!  Plus out of all her cd's etc that is my favorite song of hers, especially vocally!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2015, 06:29PM »

good one! That would definitely mix up the songs a little!  Plus out of all her cd's etc that is my favorite song of hers, especially vocally!
   And  as  far as  i know,  Marble  Halls  was  never  done  by  another  CW ...unless somebody  knows differently  ?   Undecided   Wouldn't  mind  if  Synan  brought  back  the  "MerMEAV  dress  either ....      Kiss Kiss Kiss

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: