Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More surprises to come?  (Read 14968 times)
The Quiet Man

« on: February 23, 2015, 12:01PM »

Maggie responded to a question as to whether Meav would tour until April 5th, which we already know, and whether Lynn would finish things out by saying "I'm going to keep you guessing!  More surprises to come!"  Anyone have any ideas as to what those surprises might be?  The plot thickens... 
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 12:28PM »

Dulaman,Scarborough Fair, Si Di M are the official Tour Songs,

If Meav has different songs, then that means The 10th Tour could change from time if all the songs are the same then
 my conclusion is Lynn will be back for Part 2 Wink

(unless our Lisa L still goes to do an alternate for one month also which I doubt it. )

Even though I'm happy that the rumor of Meav touring is real, Grin Grin Grin
I'm happy Lynn will be on my date, though my date for my concert is end of April so the surprise is upon me.
I would of Loved Meav, I've seen her once, I've seen Lynn couple times, but why I still love Lynn I don't know why.
Normally to pick between both is impossible for me.

So thumbs up Lynn. Wink me until a group of ecstatic fans saying "WHAT" to who will be April 5- !

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 12:36PM by RealFan c-w » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
The Quiet Man

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 05:32PM »

There is no confirmation that Lynn will return when Meav finishes up.  For all we know, April, May, and June could be filled by someone else altogether.  I have a feeling Lynn will in fact return, but we don't know when or for how long.  Maggie tweeted surprises, plural, leading me to believe that there might be at least two more additions.  I know Lisa Kelly won't be among them, since she herself posted that she won't be involved in any way.  Hayley certainly isn't getting involved again, she never even talks about her CW time.  Chloe we know has another tour going on, although I bet she joins Lisa Kelly for her semiannual concert in May.  Alex?  I doubt it, since she has indicated she's pretty content doing things as a single, but since her son is either 12 or 13, long past tuck-in age, she might not rule out a month.  Deirdre?  That would be a shocker.  The return of Lisa Lambe?  Maybe in June.

Might there be other ladies poised on the horizon?  Eabha McMahon and Rebecca Winckworth could step in no problem.  $10 says we don't find out what's next until this time next month.                 
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 05:33PM »

I would  love  to  see  lovely  Deirdre  for the first  time.   Kiss

The Quiet Man

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 05:39PM »

I think that's pretty unlikely, BUT, I also think Maggie is either deliberately trying to generate buzz as to what is next or doesn't know herself what is next.  Otherwise she would have just released the schedule of whos and whens.
Lily Anna
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 07:13AM »

Alex just changed her cover photo on Facebook to a picture from when she was in Celtic Woman... I wonder if this is a hint? Roll Eyes

Thanks, Shining Bright!
pammy314

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 08:49AM »

Would love to have Alex Sharpe take a turn on the 10 year tour.  Miss that smile of hers, and oh those eyes.  What a voice and what an exciting performer.  Please come back, dear Alex.
The Quiet Man

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 08:57AM »

More likely to let her fans (some of whom were pestering her to post or message) know she hadn't dropped out of sight.  That said, there's room for other returnees, so quien sabe?
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 09:49AM »

Actually Deirdre would work as she was a fill in for Meav back in 2005.
She deserves to reclaim her status as a Celtic Woman,  she didn't even have the fortunes that Alex or Susan did in PBS specials.
Deirdre could of been permanently the new Celtic Woman after Meav left in 2007 instead of Lynn. Although I don't regret Lynn ;)was the best fit, even
Look at Lisa L who has been the best fit because now I've heared Lynn doing her roles in TAR and The Parting Glass!
David know's what he's doing. Wink

Fact is Meav is now taking Lynn's spot: 3 Girl Line-up

If The complete 2015 tour stay's in 3-line-up & has to keep the same song setlist in the programs such as important songs like Dulaman.
Like I agree the only fill in's fit are Meav, Lynn, Lisa L

« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:01AM by RealFan c-w » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 09:57AM »

If they can change things up, although I don't see a show without Dulaman,
Alex could do 2 of her popular solos, or Orla could do 2 of her's as example
Only 3 songs need to be changed in the programs. Change Si Di M or have Susan take the spot with Mairead C.

This is just an example unless CW will absolutely not change the tour set up. As much as the celebration tour deserves seeing a 4-Line up opportunity then any former can be added on.

A Surprise could also be 1 of the 2 side female singer on tour, having enough experience from the dances, songs, to nail it..and at the same time become a new surprise Celtic Woman.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:03AM by RealFan c-w » Logged

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 10:19AM »

Please keep in mind that all of the ladies have been singing since they were very young and they can likely sing any of the songs.  They may not sing a certain song the same way another lady would.  And, we have not heard all of them do the same songs.  For examples, Lisa Kelly did not perform Dulaman and Chloe did not sing The Voice.  How do we know that we would not have liked their versions of these songs more than the Meav or Lynn Dulaman or Lisa's The Voice?  I will leave it to David to match the songs with the singers as he thinks best.  He has done a very good job so far. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:41AM by Jim M. » Logged
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 11:30AM »

Please keep in mind that all of the ladies have been singing since they were very young and they can likely sing any of the songs.  They may not sing a certain song the same way another lady would.  And, we have not heard all of them do the same songs.  For examples, Lisa Kelly did not perform Dulaman and Chloe did not sing The Voice.  How do we know that we would not have liked their versions of these songs more than the Meav or Lynn Dulaman or Lisa's The Voice?  I will leave it to David to match the songs with the singers as he thinks best.  He has done a very good job so far. Smiley

Funny, in the end every girl have took part sung in Orinoco Flow when it was specifically originally only Lisa, Meav & Orla, even Hayley
and Deirdre have done it.  Grin

Your absolutely right, it's just every time Dulaman has been brought to the next fill soprano girl always, when it didn't have to be so.
After all if, Alex was given switch roles to high for Lisa but when they let her stay she dropped in parts in Alto ranges too in for Songs For The Heart.
I do think Lisa K can, I can see Susan working Dulaman quite nicely if you think about it. Wink
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 11:35AM by RealFan c-w » Logged

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 11:35AM »

I think it would have been fun to see Chloe or Lisa K. sing Dulaman. Wink
Lily Anna
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2015, 08:30PM »

Wait a second... Is is just me or did Alex say something in one of her newsletters about doing something on the West Coast in June? Maybe it's something totally different, but there are some West Coast dates on the tour schedule in late May-early June. Smiley

Thanks, Shining Bright!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2015, 08:45PM »

Wait a second... Is is just me or did Alex say something in one of her newsletters about doing something on the West Coast in June? Maybe it's something totally different, but there are some West Coast dates on the tour schedule in late May-early June. Smiley
  Crosses  fingers...   Cool

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: