Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 Year Anniversary Meet and Greets (M&G)  (Read 7352 times)
Cory

« on: March 19, 2015, 07:14AM »

Good morning Everyone,

I was lucky to be able to see the girls front row in Manchester NH at the Verizon Wireless Arena on St Patricks day. I just wanted to let you all know about M&G experience I had. In past years, especially last year, the Meet and Greets were RUSHED and impersonal. This year, they changed the M&G to post show instead of preshow and they spent a lot more time with the fans than any of the 5 M&G I have been to in the past. They actually talked to us, we could use our own cameras, last year they used PBS cameras and posted to websites or social media.

PBS even gave us 8x10 photos to have them sign. I brought my Violin since this was my first time meeting Meav. She signed it for me as well.

I look forward to my show in CT and RI this Saturday and Sunday and hope to have the same quality M&G experiences. Below are a couple of photos the tour manager Sett snapped for me.... plus a Selfie with my favorite CW of all time, Mairead.

Funny story, About 4-5 months ago, she posted a photo on social media of a goofy drawing that she did because she was bored at home. I jokingly commented on the drawing saying I would LOVE to have a personal drawing from her, and I would hang it on my fridge next to my 5 year old sons art work. She asked what show I would be at and I told her these three shows this week, No word of a lie, she had a drawing for me at this show. I almost cried. She winked at me and said "You dont think I would have forgotten about you Cory, did you?!" I LOVE this woman, she made my entire year so far!!! Im going to frame it and put it next to my Violin in my office  Grin

That all said, If you have the opportunity to attend a M&G this year, DO NOT HESITATE! Best one Ive ever been to.

All my best,

Cory

Caledonia you're calling me,
Now I'm going home
Cory

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 07:21AM »

Forgot a couple more photos:

I gave the girls a bottle of wine and custom Boston Celtics Shirts with their names and the year they started with CW on the back (like a jersey) Mairead Nesbitt tweeted a photo on the tourbus about how much she loved the gift Smiley

Now I'm going home
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 09:36AM »

Awesome  pics  !     Grin

Cory

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 04:26PM »

Thank you! I had a great time, more pics to come this weekend Wink

Now I'm going home
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 04:37PM »

Wow!  What a fantastic St. Paddy's Day---you'll never top that one, I bet!  Fabulous photos too!  Shocked Cool

Cory

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 04:44PM »

It was a great one for sure. I saw them two years ago at the same venue for St Paddys day as well, always an amazing show Smiley

Now I'm going home
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 04:36AM »

Ohh, my chance to meet Meav has been such a failure. Cry I wanted to talk to her, but nobody let me! I'M DOOMED! Cry Cry

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 04:15PM »

Kimberly, I'm so sorry you could not meet Meav.  We tried to make it happen, but it did not work out as we had hoped.  But, you are not doomed!
You are still young and Meav will be back again sometime so maybe you will have another chance to meet her then.  Keep your fingers crossed. Smiley
I know you met Orla, Mairead Nesbitt and your VBIF Chloe (twice).  Sometimes things like meetings just take longer than we want.  I will keep trying to make it happen for you whenever I can. Smiley   
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 04:24PM by Jim M. » Logged
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 02:14PM »

Thanks.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 11:11AM »

Thanks.

To make you feel better I have seen CW live almost 6 times and yet haven't tried the Meet & Greet yet,
even this CW#10 Smiley I'm looking to plan a try for next time around. This was a Lynn opportunity but
the news came too sudden. Wink

Meav was important news, but just like last year I couldn't go to the Emerald Tour they were not in my city plus
Lynn I thought was limited for 2014 only, but just shows you now I get to see the same lineup as 2014 with Lynn!! in 2015.
You never know what surprise might come if you are accepting and patient enough, this probably who know's not
Meav's last tour run through CW. Anything is possible, even my Alex return wishes is real now!

« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 11:16AM by RealFan c-w » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 02:03PM »

So this means I'm not the only one who has been imprisoned by failure?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 08:43AM »

Our cases aren't failures for me it has been my choices
Were you at one of the cw Meav concerts or not? If this had to do with a M&G issue then that is sad for something to happen like that  Sad
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 08:48AM by RealFan c-w » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 01:31PM »

Kimberly, you are NOT a failure!  You did not do anything wrong.  Some people who could have made it possible for you to meet Meav failed to help you.  
Some of us were trying to help you, but others did not care.  They are the failures.  Totally ignoring some of your best friends is not the way to keep those friends but that is what they did.
I hope you get another chance to meet Meav and all the other CW ladies in the future. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 02:56PM by Jim M. » Logged
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 05:54PM »

Of course I attended the CW Meav concert. I was only protesting I wanted to go meet her but my daddy took me home too instant!

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2015, 07:52PM »

Of course I attended the CW Meav concert. I was only protesting I wanted to go meet her but my daddy took me home too instant!

Cry Then it was your story which I read,.. it's hard for you to see all those fans with their m&g experiences, pics with the Girls.

I was thinking of making you a fun gift to make it up with the girls, but that would not change the feeling of talking and meeting them
 plus it wouldn't be real anyway.

The key is to when the next Celtic Woman opportunity comes not let that situation not happen to you no more.X
I believe for the Meav part another chance is surely to come too for future with CW or not.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 08:01PM by RealFan c-w » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: