Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Affirmations for Bullying Victims  (Read 9896 times)
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« on: January 22, 2014, 02:36AM »

I figured I would post this in the "Members Helping Members" area rather than "General Discussion," because this might help other members of this forum if they are having problems.  My friend Cyndi created a movement to help people being bullied, called "Affirmations for Bullying Victims" (AFBV).  She is Autistic, too, and she was HEAVILY bullied when she was in school.  She has taken her traumatic experiences, and used them to help others.  She is a truly inspirational person, and you can read about what AFBV is here, as well as reading her story of how she was bullied.  I would highly recommend checking out this site.  Even if you're not being bullied, you can still help other people who are by spreading the message.  The website explains everything!

http://afbv.weebly.com/

I hope that, if there is anyone here on the forum being bullied, or has been bullied, that this will help you.

As someone who was bullied back in school, I never had these kind words in the AFBV said to me, and if I did, the wyould've changed everything for me.

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 03:12AM »

To calm her down, I think I would just share the extreme softness of the stuffed animals and the fluffy pillows that she'll never forget. Roll Eyes Isn't that my idea?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 07:54AM »

To calm her down, I think I would just share the extreme softness of the stuffed animals and the fluffy pillows that she'll never forget. Roll Eyes Isn't that my idea?

That is so sweet!  <3

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 05:15PM »

Thanks, Tiffany. Smiley Now, does anybody else have any ideas?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Lily Anna
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 11:03PM »

I meant to post this several days ago, but it took me a while to type it up. Cyndi's website is a great idea! I wish I had had access to something like this when I was in elementary school. I was bullied in 5th and 6th grade by a selfish ex-friend and her sidekicks, but it did not in any way resemble what Cyndi went through. I typed my story below in case anyone wants to read it. (I used initials instead of the girls' names.)

When I was in junior kindergarten, I became best friends with a girl named M. We were best friends until third grade when a girl named N came to our school, and we became a trio. Throughout 3rd and 4th grade we were inseparable. Well, not quite inseparable. N and M were best friends, and I felt like an outsider, but they were both nice to me, and considered me to be a friend. Then, in 5th grade N decided that she didn’t want to be friends with me, she just wanted to be friends with M. They started bullying me, even M, who had known me since I was four. When I sat at a table with them, they would stomp on my feet, even when I told them to stop. This might not seem like a lot to some people, but it was like my world was crashing down around me. I felt really alone at the time; I didn’t have any friends. When I was alone with M, it was like nothing had happened, but when she was around N I felt afraid and I thought they were going to hurt me, both physically and emotionally.

Once, N invited me to a sleepover at her house, with M and two other friends, K and C. I wasn’t very good friends with K or C, but I thought it would be fun. And it was—until all four of the girls decided to lock me in a crawlspace in N’s basement by pushing on the door so that I couldn’t get out. They shut the door on me, the light turned off, and they left me in the complete darkness with no way out. As soon as I got out, I made a run for the bathroom and locked myself in, so no one could get to me. But the bathroom had two doors, and only one locked from the inside. The other girls all came bursting through the other door and acted like they were sorry and started hugging me. Then N’s mom came in and basically made the other girls treat me in a more civil manner. That was the end of any sort of friendship I still had left. I haven’t seen N or K since elementary school, and would like to keep it that way. M, however, is still one of my very good friends, and I hang out with her as often as I can. C goes to the same school as me, and we usually ignore each other, but she has told me several times that she didn’t mean anything and wishes she could take it back.

I think N was very insecure at the time about the way she looked, her grades, and her athletic abilities. She had always been spoiled by her parents and is probably still being spoiled today. Now, I realize that she didn’t want me around, and that my other friend, M, most likely was dragged into the whole conflict by N. (K and C really didn’t have much to do with anything, except for that one incident.)

Thanks, Shining Bright!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 11:29PM »

I  just  wish  that   th3r3   had  b33n   th3   sam3   3mphasis  on  bullying  wh3n  I  was  young  as  th3r3  is  now. I might  hav3  b33n  a  happi3r  kid. 

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 06:34PM »

You know what I've learned, the other kind of bullies I've realized are perverts. Roll Eyes This sign can help me feel better.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 09:13PM »

You know what I've learned, the other kind of bullies I've realized are perverts. Roll Eyes This sign can help me feel better.

That is so true!

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 07:25AM »

I've had some folks to join me at the Anti-Pervert Council on Facebook and they really like it.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: