Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Differences  (Read 2035 times)
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« on: April 16, 2015, 06:28AM »

I saw celtic thunder last night and I noticed some differences right away! I am hoping by the time I see the girls in Hammersmith (London)  that they will add in some new songs like the one susan did for the 3 arena and Maireads I know my love (her version is one of my new favorites and needs to be recorded!) I know they are limited with change due to the girls going in and out but, I think it would be cool after 3 years to go into something completely new and unexpected during the concerts! I saw celtic thunder last  night for the first time and noticed a few differences right away! 1. in between there songs they had very long pauses of darkness and switching to the song, and being a musicans daughter that's a little annoying, where as w the girls the next person is already side stage ready for the next song! And the lighting on stage last night was point on and the colors they used were spot on and made the ambience of the song that more special, where the girls have had some issues (Which I understand what Maggie said about it, but it would have added something more!). Plus there songs were a little shorter so they did  a ton of songs and it was great and added to the show as where celtic woman they were longer and less songs (the guys had to have over 20 songs at least and never seen a whole audience dancing the show in my life and even at points standing to do so, yikes!) Also they had a lot of new stuff I have never heard last night, yes, I did go in not knowing what to expect kind of, but it was that much more exciting to hear the new songs and it made the old songs when they did them that much more enjoyable, which I am sure would be the same for the girls to, like the older concert every time I went it was exciting and new!  Oooh and the biggest difference was the m&g experience and management, uhm yeah! It was so much more enjoyable and personal! We actually got to sit and talk with the gusys and play games and win stuff for like a half an hour (And my side still hurts from laughing!) and then got our pictures taken with them and could not keep a straight face either my friend to who had a blast! Plus David Munroe , who is like david downes for the girls, is just hilarious and loved meeting everyone and is hilarious (I am not sure what is up w the irish but they are just fun people!) where as I have only met David once at radio city talking to Amy on the side! And Rachel Davies (sp), yes the old cw manager was just as sweet as pie and so upbeat and personal, ready for a chat which was awesome and took the pictures and just amazing, not so much miss Maggie now! Rachel took care of the m&g gave the wrist bands out stayed w the guys and took the pictures! Just love stuff like that! Didn't do stage door as same theatre issue as the concert last month with private property  and the bus location etc! Sorry for the story but that is the differences I noticed right away and I just loved and enjoyed hearing the new music I have never heard before and hope the girls will do that for London or next year!! oh and plus, I loved ct's stage set. very cool It was very different, it had ship sails and the main middle said was a screen! very cool and the stage had levels of rocks and stairs and smoke! I was afraid someone was going to fall but they didn't!! The girl had some different one but not much change (Prob, due to the dresses I assume?) I liked IOh tulle drapes w the screen, Believe had the raised rocked set to a Not sure due to the little with the circular stairs which was nice, and This was actually the first time I saw the rockfish type back ground the girls used! Not sure due to the dresses if they will go elaborate but it works! Sorry again for the long post but Had to compare both!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 06:29AM »

I saw celtic thunder last night and I noticed some differences right away! I am hoping by the time I see the girls in Hammersmith (London)  that they will add in some new songs like the one susan did for the 3 arena and Maireads I know my love (her version is one of my new favorites and needs to be recorded!) I know they are limited with change due to the girls going in and out but, I think it would be cool after 3 years to go into something completely new and unexpected during the concerts! I saw celtic thunder last  night for the first time and noticed a few differences right away! 1. in between there songs they had very long pauses of darkness and switching to the song, and being a musicans daughter that's a little annoying, where as w the girls the next person is already side stage ready for the next song! And the lighting on stage last night was point on and the colors they used were spot on and made the ambience of the song that more special, where the girls have had some issues (Which I understand what Maggie said about it, but it would have added something more!). Plus there songs were a little shorter so they did  a ton of songs and it was great and added to the show as where celtic woman they were longer and less songs (the guys had to have over 20 songs at least and never seen a whole audience dancing the show in my life and even at points standing to do so, yikes!) Also they had a lot of new stuff I have never heard last night, yes, I did go in not knowing what to expect kind of, but it was that much more exciting to hear the new songs and it made the old songs when they did them that much more enjoyable, which I am sure would be the same for the girls to, like the older concert every time I went it was exciting and new!  Oooh and the biggest difference was the m&g experience and management, uhm yeah! It was so much more enjoyable and personal! We actually got to sit and talk with the gusys and play games and win stuff for like a half an hour (And my side still hurts from laughing!) and then got our pictures taken with them and could not keep a straight face either my friend to who had a blast! Plus David Munroe , who is like david downes for the girls, is just hilarious and loved meeting everyone and is hilarious (I am not sure what is up w the irish but they are just fun people!) where as I have only met David once at radio city talking to Amy on the side! And Rachel Davies (sp), yes the old cw manager was just as sweet as pie and so upbeat and personal, ready for a chat which was awesome and took the pictures and just amazing, not so much miss Maggie now! Rachel took care of the m&g gave the wrist bands out stayed w the guys and took the pictures! Just love stuff like that! Didn't do stage door as same theatre issue as the concert last month with private property  and the bus location etc! Sorry for the story but that is the differences I noticed right away and I just loved and enjoyed hearing the new music I have never heard before and hope the girls will do that for London or next year!! oh and plus, I loved ct's stage set. very cool It was very different, it had ship sails and the main middle said was a screen! very cool and the stage had levels of rocks and stairs and smoke! I was afraid someone was going to fall but they didn't!! The girl had some different one but not much change (Prob, due to the dresses I assume?) I liked IOh tulle drapes w the screen, Believe had the raised rocked set to a Not sure due to the little with the circular stairs which was nice, and This was actually the first time I saw the rockfish type back ground the girls used! Not sure due to the dresses if they will go elaborate but it works! Sorry again for the long post but Had to compare both! And I will always love cww and go to there shows and maybe ct now, depending on the day of the week!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: