Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classy in Charlotte  (Read 2887 times)
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« on: April 04, 2015, 11:13PM »

So I'm on my way home from The Charlotte concert. I'll have a full review up later today

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 10:29AM »

Wow. Last night was amazing. It all started almost 9 months ago when the tour scheduale was released and I was ecstatic when Charlotte was on it. Cut to september when the tickets went on sale, I caled WTVI right away and was guaranteed a seat in the first 8 rows. when tickets from the venue went on sale I was lucky enough to score a seat in the third row of the orchestra pit which would lead to many interactions. Cut to about a week and a half prior to the show: my friend who I was originally planning on going with found out he had a conflicting academic commitment so I struggled to find another way and fortunetly I was able to find a ride.

The Show:

The set list was slightly mixed around but to the best of my memory it went
The Sky and the dawn and the sun
Newgrange
The butterfly
New ground/ isle of hope, isle of tears
Danny Boy
Si do Mh mhaimeio
After Hours
Amazing Grace
Dulaman
Teir Abhail riu

and Act 2
Orinoco Flow
Caledonia
Over the rainbow
Nil se'n la
Granuailes dance
Nella Fantasia
The Voice
Mo Ghile Mear
You rais me up
the parting glass
Finale

Over all I really enjoyed the show

Susan: I loved her version of IOH, IOT, but I do wish she sang here to stay.
Mairead N: as usual she was on fire and brought amazing energy. During you raise me up when she wasn't playing she looked right at me and I smiled and she smiled back so that was a highlight of the night.
Meav: Seeing Meav was such a great honor and pleasure. During intermission I had a nice conversation with Sandy H. one of the first things she said to me was "Isn't Meav gorgeous?" I loved hearing her sing Dulaman, which has been a personal favorite of mine since I discovered Celtic Woman. When I found out I was going to be at her last show I was beyond excited. I noticed during Mo Ghile mear she was getting a little emotional. At the end of the show Mairead C. shouted her out for her amazing work over the past month. My favorite Meav moment was at the line "I spent it in good company" she gestured at the audience and then to the other singers on the stage.
The choir and band was amazing. I met almost everyone from the entire cast. Mairead C, Nicholas and Ray all remembered me from Albany which was amazing and when Mairead C. came out she came right up to me and asked "how are you?" I have pictures, you can check my facebook at the mean time while I try and figure out how to get pictures on here. During the standing ovation aftr the parting glass, I turned around to look behind me and who should i see but Cindy!!!! So after the finale i go up and I don't even have to introduce myself, and I get a big Cindy hug right away. neither of us knew that the other was going to be at the show so that was a nice surprise
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 10:36AM by The Impatient New Yorker » Logged

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
dbbii

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 03:20PM »

I too was at the concert in Charlotte.  I ended up with a front row ticket, piano side (thanks Roy).  OK, the plane ticket was expensive, but it was at least on time.  Nice hotel, lots of places to eat and drink.

I wanted to make a few comments, but not a full show review.

The venue has two main aisles.  OK, this is the second show this year where I have been on an aisle.  Maybe a visit from Susan?  No luck.  In Cleveland, I was about 3 rows too far back.  In Charlotte, there was no access to the stage from the floor.  However, for the intro to Amazing Grace, Anthony did walk down the aisle and finished sanding right next to me.  Anyone who says this is all taped needs to experience that!

There were 4 seats to my immediate left THAT NO ONE WAS IN THE WHOLE SHOW!!.  The stop line was really close to the edge of the stage, so lots of eye contact since I was mostly by myself.  As someone said once, you can think of it as a two hour M&G!

The show itself was it's usual outstanding time.  Some minor things that I noticed happened in Cleveland that I would have hoped would have been cleared up.  The lighting left a lot to be desired again.  A lot of cues were missed -- several songs started without the light on the correct performer.  I also thought there a few issues with the sound mixing -- you could hear too many individual voices -- they weren't blending.

Meav got a little emotional at the end of show, but it just goes to show how much everyone puts into the show.  This was only my 3rd concert to see Meav, and the first one was back in 2007!

After reading about a couple other M&Gs, I was looking forward to the aftershow one again, hoping it wouldn't be quite so rushed.  No such luck.  I was lucky to be able to exchange a few words with each of the girls before someone from the tour was pushing us out.  (Don' know who he was, but same rude #$%& that ran the Akron one last year). 

They used a small room back stage for the M&G -- no stairwells!!.  What was interesting was we stopped in a corridor that was right outside some of the dressing rooms.  Eoghan walked out and came up to me, shook my hand and said he appreciated seeing me at a lot of the shows!  I was blown away. 

The ladies were their normal charming selves.  I'd post my picture if I could figure out how to do it.

All in all, it was a great time!  Three weeks to Tampa (and I don't have to travel!!!)

Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 03:51PM »

I was 3rd row behind you Dbbii! I noticed the mix up with the lights too but overall the show was fantastic.

Thanks Lindsey
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 04:33PM »

I saw you!! And I too noticed the lights.

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 06:53PM »

Also I forgot to mention, when I was speaking with Tommy after the show he confirmed we're getting a tour next year

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 07:00PM »

Also I forgot to mention, when I was speaking with Tommy after the show he confirmed we're getting a tour next year
  cool  !    Grin And  thank  you  for  a  very  fine  review !    Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: