Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are We Excited YET!!! :D  (Read 31472 times)
celtic_girlakp
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 11:48AM »

OH just to think of the opening of the show and hearing Mairead with The Sky, The Dawn, and The Sun. I am getting chills already. Grin
lourdesmont

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 12:38PM »

Yes. We are very excited!

Two days - and counting - till the concert in Estero!

I have taken the day off from work. I am picking my niece up early and taking her to dinner before the concert.

Plus my Christmas DVD arrived on Saturday and has been living in my DVD player ever since! The music helps to inspire my Muse/Attorney and Lisa is how I envision one of my characters.

So I am currently going "Boing! Boing! Boing!" off the walls and getting ready to stop counting the days and start counting the hours!
chickie.monkey
Total Fanatic

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 02:03PM »

I keep looking at Mel and Rich's countdowns. I can't believe its getting so close!  EEEEEEE!!!!

epicwolf

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 05:06PM »

I am not that excited because all of the U.S tours are in the East Coast and Mid West and there wont be any West Coast touring anytime soon so I  won't be able to see Lynn Hillary in action until next year maybe  Cry

though i am excited for you guys. Have fun!

celtic_girlakp
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 04:08PM »

Oh so sorry to hear that epicwolf. We will try to give you reviews that will maybe make you feel like you are there with us.
Colleen
Total Fanatic

Semper Fi

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2007, 04:46PM »

I won't be seeing them until they come back to Buffalo hopefully next spring.

Thanks Mel!
btimerson
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2007, 04:49PM »

I won't be seeing them until they come back to Buffalo hopefully next spring.

Did you go to the concert at Shea last Spring?  My wife and I had third row seats !   Awesome concert.

Brad T

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2007, 05:38PM »

Well I have another chance to meet a certain someone, whom shall not be mentioned Cheesy.

One of these times IT has to happen  Undecided

celtic_girlakp
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 05:50PM »

I will meet someone myself one of these days too. I hope. And it needs to happen sooner than later.
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2007, 07:06PM »

Mel I really hope you get to meet her this fall.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Jason

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2007, 07:33PM »

You should come to the Fargo show.. I know she'll be at the M&G, as I don't have a M&G ticket!  Tongue   Cry

good luck with yours though!

celtic_girlakp
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2007, 09:52PM »

Mel do you have an M&G to go to?
greyfox

I Am the Voice That Always is Calling You....

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2007, 02:39PM »

Tonight's the night!!!!!!!!  Grin

Will
greyfox

I Am the Voice That Always is Calling You....

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2007, 09:58PM »

And what it night it was.  Grin   CW came to Estero and ROCKED!  All new costumes, a mix of numbers from ANJ and Helix, and Lynn Hilary was magnificent in her CW debut.

Lynn performed Danny Boy, Scarbrough Fair, Dulaman, and last Rose of Summer with Chloe, who sang Haley's part.  Just beautiful.

Of course Mairead was her usual dynamo on "Granuaile's Dance" and "Shendadoah - The Contradiction", also adding "The Butterfly" from Helix and a beautiful instrumental version of
"Last Rose of Summer" after Chloe's and Lynn's duet of the same song.  Awesome!

Our first lady Lisa was even more radiant than usual, if possible, even more beautiful than ever.  Lisa literally lights up the stage.  She was awesome on her usual ANJ numbers, and it was great hearing her sing Maive's old part in "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."  The audience just LOVED it.

Little Chloe is becoming quite the lady with much more grown-up wardrobe.  She sang like an angel, as usual, and at times flitted around the stage like a happy bird.  She takes such joy in her performances.

Orla was beautiful and performed flawlessly as well.  She seems to be a little "sassier" than in her previous performances (in a good way, of course).  Wink  In this show she also accompanied Chloe on "Vivaldi's Rain" with her beautiful harp playing.  Another unexpected treat.

The show was different from the ANJ DVD and PBS special because the numbers were rearranged somewhat, and some "Helix" numbers were included.  Don't get me wrong.  It's still ANJ, just a freasher version that I thought was wonderful.  It might not be the same show everywhere on tour, but tonight this was the set list:

Act One
The Sky, The Dawn, The Sun
Caledonia
The Butterfly
Danny Boy
The Prayer
Siuil A Run
Orinoca Flow
Granuaile's Dance
Beyond the Sea
The Blessing
Scarborough Fair
Vivaldi's Rain
Over the Rainbow
Mo Ghile Mear

Act Two
Dulaman
Newgrange
The Soft Goodbye
The Last Rose of Summer
The Last Rose Instrumental
Nella Fantasia
At the Ceili
Shenandoah - The Contradiction
Carrrickfergus
The Voice
Sing Out
You Raise Me Up
Finale, with choir and percussion

Then they added "Spanish Lady" (which wasn't on the program) to thank us for three standing ovations, and exited with another run of Mo Ghile Mear.

I was a little disappointed that Haley wasn't there to perform, and David and the orchestra were also absent.  But the combination of some recorded orchestra along with the live band, percussion, choir and the girls beautiful singing and playing left nothing to be desired.

Anyway, it's late (way past my bedtime), so please excuse my rambling and any misspellings.  I hope you enjoy your next CW experience as much as I enjoyed this one.

Good night,
Will

« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 10:15PM by CRRopes » Logged
epicwolf

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2007, 10:07PM »

Wow. You are so lucky! You get to see Lynn Hilary debute. Im jealous! LOL. Sounds like a great performance.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: