Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My review of CW in New Orleans!  (Read 3817 times)
Eric90

« on: May 10, 2015, 09:19AM »

well what can I say? The show was great I didn't want it to end. I now understand what people mean when they say that they were so enchanted by the girls that the show was over before they know it. I got to my seat and saw I was so close I didn't need binoculars like I thought lol my seat was to the extreme right of the stage almost an aisle seat wish it had been, more on that later the stage seemed a little small so it didn't really matter I could see them all clearly. I'm not sure about the order I'll just post what I remember but I will post all the songs perhaps others that have been to the 10th anniversary shows could help me out if I miss anything

The girls there were Mairead N, Lynn Hilary, Alex Sharpe and Susan Mcfadden

they started with the Sky and The Dawn and The sun. which had an extra verse I'd never heard before but I loved this Extended version of it. If anyone has it written down somewhere I'd like to read it cause I couldn't remember the lyrics I've always loved how Mairead N starts the show as a shining silhouette playing a fiddle it's like spirit of Ireland coming to transport you there for a while.

Next was Alex singing Newgrange she gave a speech beforehand that really added to the atmosphere of the song I really love her voice she was great

Next was Mairead playing the butterfly I think, I thought it was Granuile's Dance but that came later. I couldn't think of the name of the song at the time she really threw it down here proving why they call her the whirlwind I tried to get pics but soon gave up she wouldn't stand still long enough lol she had  all the band do a solo during this number too which was cool

Susan sang Isle Of Hope Isle Of Dreams she really put her heart into it very emotional

Lynn sang Dulaman Lisa's had more energy though but it's not right to compare one to another Lynn was great in this song loved it

I think Si Do Mhaimeo was next it was a duet with Alex and Lynn their voices work really beautiful together they have great chemistry. after this song was done it lead into After hours because the two dancers tried to talk with Alex and Lynn after the number but the girls brushed them off as they walked off stage much to the audience's amusement lol

After Hours was when I realized that Celtic Woman is not  just about the girls it's about everyone on that stage bringing us this beautiful Irish music to our dull American shores lol the energy and passion they bring is really something amazing!

Mairead introduced it with her "Ethereal voice" which I'm sure you know what I mean it's more breathy then her normal voice. they sang Danny Boy which was great I was becoming increasingly impressed with Alex over the course of the show

I think Teir Abhaile Riu was next Susan and Alex were doing the arguing and Lynn was mediator Alex came out on my side (right side) I didn't have an aisle seat so she didn't  sit on my lap but she did sit on the guy in the row in front of me and he became popular after that everyone was talking to him about it I told him I wished I had his seat he didn't know she was there until he turned around. It was cool to see Alex that close she's very pretty and played the role great she made cute faces like Chloe did and was very funny mocking Susan lol they made up during the song though shaking hands such a great performance!

I think intermission was after this I met Sarah Gannon during this time she was out front selling programs actually I'd already met her earlier when I bought a program from her but this time I told her I recognized her but I didn't want to say anything she asked if I was enjoying the show and I said yes. I think Lisa Lambe has some competition for favorite Irish woman lol

I want to say Orinoco flow was next I loved how the lights colors and the dresses and the movement of the girls all synced up and gave the appearance of water  somehow well from where I was sitting they all looked like flowing water, it was pretty cool to see

Nil se'n La was great Ray did his whole bodhran playing by itself thing he even threw the stick up into the air and kicked it with his foot the piano player tried to catch it but it bounced off the piano keys instead he then went to retrieve it, not sure if he actually kicked it though but it was still pretty funny! the part where the girls catching everyone was great ,even though they were speaking gaelic the way they enunciated their words made it where you knew what they were saying even though they weren't speaking english, one of the girls started laughing during this song when they scolded everyone don't know if it was part of the show but it was pretty funny.

Amazing grace was beautiful as always

Susan sang an acoustic version of Caledonia just her and a piano and it was really beautiful I think she omitted a verse though that or I was so enchanted I just didn't hear it I feel they should do  a whole concert like this "Celtic Woman Unplugged" I'd go see it

after a brief sip of water susan and the other girls sang Somewhere over the rainbow I really enjoyed this one the rainbow light were a nice touch I could also hear the madolin playing during the song it sounded great!

Lynn sang Scarborough Fair beautiful song lynn is really great!

they sang Mo ghile mear. the beginning kinda made me jump cause it was quiet then they started lol even though I've heard the song hundreds of time it still made me jump lol

Alex sang the voice it seems to me she had a small bit of trouble singing it. I can understand why it sounds like a hard song to sing but she still knocked it out of the park and got a standing ovation. I've become a big fan of Alex after this show she really impressed me and she has a great voice she sounds soft and motherly at times and she can sing in a deeper voice which sounds great with Lynn and Susan
the parting glass was the last song they sang I never noticed how everyone in the cast sings along too I noticed Mairead singing along I wish they give her a Mic just one time she's a great singer as well as a legendary fiddle player.

after that the girls ran off stage for a bit and Anthony the piper came out and the band started to perform what I call a "Celtic Rock show" with the piper playing a really fast tune on the pipes and red lights flashing everywhere it was cool, Mairead came back out and in her normal voice introduced the cast I swear music just flows through her and out of her she never stands still always moving, the girls came back out and sang one last chorus of the sky and the dawn and the sun. and the chorus for Spanish lady played as everyone was leaving the auditorium

and that was it. it was a great show I wish it had been longer though. It was different then any other concert I'd been too it was more laid back and everyone was so nice and on their best behavior I didn't even care about meeting them after the show was over, to me it felt like I already had it would have  been cool but I respected them enough to not bother them after they put on an awesome show. I got to meet Sarah so that was enough for me. I will definitely go to another one!

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 10:27AM »

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. It's been a few (5 years) since I've seen Alex, but I remember loving both her solos.

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Eric90

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 12:11PM »

I can't believe I did forget a song  I only remembered it because it was the song that was playing when I started my car lol

"You Raise Me Up" this is like their signature song next to Danny Boy and Amazing Grace I'll throw The Parting Glass in there too lol It was great hearing them sing it live you could tell that song means a lot to the performers they put all there heart into it

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 03:43PM »

Thank  you  for  your review   Eric.    Cool I think  you  captured  the  spirit  of  it  well. 

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 02:40AM »

Must have been a fantastic show! Alex AND Lynn AND Susan. That's old and timeless and new together! And Mái N brilliant as always? Oh, how great! Si Do Mhaimeo sung by Alex and Lynn must have been wonderful!

Eric90

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 05:14PM »

I remembered another one lol Granuaile's dance! Mairead did something awesome in this one she had struck a pose then she raised her bow and made a whirling motion with it and and it made a whistling whirling sound I don't know if it was the bow or a perfectly timed  instrument making the sound but it was cool and it reminded me of one of her nicknames "Whirlwind"

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 05:42PM »

I remembered another one lol Granuaile's dance! Mairead did something awesome in this one she had struck a pose then she raised her bow and made a whirling motion with it and and it made a whistling whirling sound I don't know if it was the bow or a perfectly timed  instrument making the sound but it was cool and it reminded me of one of her nicknames "Whirlwind"
    That  sounds  about  right.    Cheesy

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 09:36AM »

Must have been a fantastic show! Alex AND Lynn AND Susan. That's old and timeless and new together! And Mái N brilliant as always? Oh, how great! Si Do Mhaimeo sung by Alex and Lynn must have been wonderful!

What a Thrill to Blend in Susan w/Alex.
Mairead C highs w/ Meav highs were chilling how I know just from a clip Wink.

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 05:24PM »

What a Thrill to Blend in Susan w/Alex.
Mairead C highs w/ Meav highs were chilling how I know just from a clip Wink.

I saw it live and it was amazing, I wish I could have seen Alex and Lynn perform it. I've seen Mairead perform it with Lynn and Lisa

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: