Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Photography Question  (Read 4282 times)
Bootz

« on: May 19, 2015, 07:15PM »

The show that I'm going to is June 28th. Are we allowed to take pics during the show or does it depend on the Venue? I know at other shows I've been to they haven't allowed it. Was wondering if there was any changes? Just Curious. Thx Smiley
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 07:21PM »

I  think  it's  still  he  same. Every venue  I've  been  at  sames  the  same  thing.  After  the  show  is  about  the   only  time ... or  before.    Undecided

Lily Anna
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 08:41PM »

I don't think they ever allow flash pictures during a show, but according to recent reviews, they have been allowing non-flash photos as long as the photographer isn't obnoxious and doesn't take a million pictures. Just pay careful attention to the announcement at the beginning of the show. Sometimes they say "no photography" and other times they say "no flash photography." Also, be wary of the ushers, because they may try to stop you from taking photos even when the announcement allows for it.

Thanks, Shining Bright!
Sorgi

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 09:49PM »

If I recall correctly it was no photography, I took that as a general no.  I'm at Sacramento in 12 days so I'll try to recall the exact words.

-Dan

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 09:15AM »

At some venues, there are signs posted on the doors.  I have also been to a few places where they searched us for cameras (looked in our bags) as we entered the venue.
I have seen fans required to delete photos from cameras when they were caught taking photos.  At one concert, they took our cameras before the show but returned them at the M&G.  I would never take an expensive camera to a show as you may have it taken and not returned.  Check with the venue BEFORE concert day.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 01:14PM »

They were pretty strict about no photos? I have heard recent rumors that it's non flash now? And I do hate it when everyone has there phone or camera during a show and ruins the experience. Specially seeing the Rockettes at radio city for example. Every single person had a bright phone or iPad up w flashes. They could've for hurt on stage. And during cw some guy behind me second row w/o flash got a pic. Celtic Thunder they were kicking people out who were taking pictures during the show, I was very shocked, Yes, I snuck a pic or two but they weren't good, you couldn't tell who was singing or the location!! I am wondering if they'll keep it non flash only though for london, hammersmith?

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Bootz

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 02:29PM »

Thank you all for the comments.  Smiley
Sorgi

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 03:07PM »

I forgot to find this thread and report after my show...sorry.

At Sacramento the ushers were death on anyone taking a photo, even before the show they were going after people taking selfies in their seats.  On the other hand from what I can tell red rocks was photo central.

The recording before the show specifically states audio and video recording forbidden as well as flash photography.  I'm guessing non flash is left up to the venue.

-Dan

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 02:38PM »

The show that I'm going to is June 28th. Are we allowed to take pics during the show or does it depend on the Venue? I know at other shows I've been to they haven't allowed it. Was wondering if there was any changes? Just Curious. Thx Smiley

As much as the policy is not allowed, it must be hard not to get over even a sound bit

Of 1 time shot opportunities like Alex on performing Dulaman or Lynn doing The Voice.

As for the rest of the show only to your own or to not do it is understandable.
Whereas other places like Brazil a lot taken every possibility they could for CW's 1st time has shown.
The rare bits considerable we can understand, can't we...
The finale of Alex's run CW10 is tonight Wink
 Roll Eyes Tongue Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin

« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 02:42PM by RealFan c-w » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: