Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Murder by Death (that's a movie)  (Read 2637 times)
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« on: November 23, 2015, 08:09AM »

I thought I should add that in the title...

I am a bit random today, huh?

Does anyone know that movie? It's a bit old... Some of the world's greatest detectives and their friends/partners/etc. (including Maggie Smith, David Niven, Peter Falk, Peter Sellers, many other famous people) are invited to a murder by the famous writer Lionel Twain (who looks a LOT like Truman Capote for some very mysterious reasons) who lives in a creepy house with his blind butler (Alex Guinness).

The whole movie is basically one joke and one parody of bad or mediocore detective fiction after another, it's hysterically hilarious and has lots of fantastic quotes which only get better when taken out of context.

Does anyone know it?

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 09:46AM »

I do, I've seen it a couple of times

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 10:30AM »

That's cool, Dash! At least one other person knows about it Grin

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 02:20PM »

Are there any heroes in this film?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 03:17PM »

Not so much, Kimberly. The film is basically a satire on bad to mediocore mystery/crime fiction. The "famous" author Lionel Twain (played by the very famous real-life author Truman Capote!) invited all kinds of "famous" and "great" detectives (who are based on famous fictional detectives) to explain a murder, just to show how stupid they truly are and how bad "their" novels are (the ones they appear in!) It's all about the comedy and the irony. None of the characters are particularly likeable or heroic.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: