Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here To Stay  (Read 4810 times)
celtic.cutie

« on: May 24, 2015, 08:12PM »

I just saw the Long Beach concert, and Susan didn't perform Here To Stay. Did they take the number out? Why?

Hey, I'm Anne! Shocked)
celtic.cutie

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 08:14PM »

This is kind of related as well: Can someone explain all of the line up changes?

Hey, I'm Anne! Shocked)
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 05:56AM »

As for the song, I assume, as it's an original and a new song, they decided to keep it back for another while until it will appear on a new show or DVD or CD. EIther that, or it wasn't es popular as they've expected. However, I assume it's the first.

The line up changes are because they only have three members at the moment - Mái N, Mai C and Susan. Mai C seems to be on a break for May, however. Lisa L apparently left, Lynn is not a permanent member. In other words - they are in need of a new girl, unless an old member returns permanently. As it's the Anniversary, they use the chance to have older members back for a while. That's why they had Lynn, Méav and Alex back in Lisa L's place and now again Lynn in Mai C's place.

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 06:36AM »

As for the song, I assume, as it's an original and a new song, they decided to keep it back for another while until it will appear on a new show or DVD or CD. EIther that, or it wasn't es popular as they've expected. However, I assume it's the first.

The line up changes are because they only have three members at the moment - Mái N, Mai C and Susan. Mai C seems to be on a break for May, however. Lisa L apparently left, Lynn is not a permanent member. In other words - they are in need of a new girl, unless an old member returns permanently. As it's the Anniversary, they use the chance to have older members back for a while. That's why they had Lynn, Méav and Alex back in Lisa L's place and now again Lynn in Mai C's place.
   I  have  a  feeling that  for  next  year's  Spring  Tour-   and  any  in between -   they  will  go  back to the " revolving  door"   member  menu  that  they  did  this  year.  I think  it being  the  '10th  Anny.  Tour" is  only  part  of  the  reason  they  did  things  the  way  they  did  this  year. The  other  reason  being  out  of necessity .     Undecided

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 10:28AM »

Could Be Intentional Changes: Let's not forget Susan's Dress was Also Changed (not) just her Song

Possibly either a Test run might could it be a drop count as Did Have I Told You Lately
funny how cw works sometimes new solo songs are 1st introduced in a tour, whereas other times it's not instead on a special first.
As much as I know about new member's, Lisa L pretty knew in 2010 was given a release A SpaceMan Came Traveling - representing as a SFTH song, it was found on youtube before Believe, for me I was super excited to get to see her perform it in a real show, however the song, "I even knew the lyrics so nothing new for it on Believe Cheesy.

Since Mairead C 2013, she immediately was given Scarlett ribbons, whereas Susan has had to wait longer for her own song version
unless It Came in a Midnight Clear counts for it even though that's a Christmas # ;- P
there's a kind of unpatiented// pressure to bring in freshness sooner than to wait such mass time for any new special

My guess is It's a Brief introduction to the next special production next.. Wink

Between 2012-2015 if (HFC is not counted)
Susan would have to wait 5-6 Year's before getting to represent herself as a new Celtic Woman  Shocked  Huh
Mairead C would been 3-4 Year's!  

Contrast to Lisa Lambe was just less than 1 year count (wait)
  Smiley

Alex and Lynn had Isle Of Hope; Mairead C got 2013 Tour
Susan at least should be grateful for participating on HFC DVD Special
otherwise had Chloe done it Susan would not get 1 new song For 6 years hope till 2016 or would she then Huh

CRAZY Grin
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:47AM by RealFan c-w » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 10:36AM »

Lynn was always in Lisa L spot, it's Alex who first started in Mai C's place Cool

Lynn
 As for Lynn, when she decided on coming back in 2014 :Lynn realized only after leaving Celtic Woman how big it was to be a part of..
 Lynn did fill for Lisa L that was the only open slot, outside of Meav but turned greatly since because she really was ready for a return Wink!

Lynn really was privileged for being back if she could re-continue her membership with the group, it would be worth more
she hadn't had but 1 DVD participation out of the other girls so have Alex nor a Christmas taping of any kind.
if Meav for example wanted to be back full time or as Lisa Kelly I'm deeply sure CW would accept it, wouldn't they.
I just wished Lynn & Alex gotten at least a another DVD taping or Christmas taping but so Mai C didn't either  Wink This is why I was stunned they
waited only until Susan and Lisa L to do a second Christmas special.x

Thank You..x Lynn
until the next Smiley  Time*
                    surprise!

(truly grateful not just to your return in 2014, but even so having you too at my show live in 2015!!+=
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 01:14PM by RealFan c-w » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 02:35AM »

Whoops, excuse me. But nontheless, the line up changes are because they are in need of one member - not counting Mai C's short break, which is why there are two non-permanent singers right now. I assume they are looking for a new permanent member right now. But as Mai C will come back to replace Lynn, I think it is Alex who's in Lisa's spot. Or actually, it doesn't matter. It's just that the only permanent members are Susan, Mairéad and Máiréad.

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 05:08PM »

Whoops, excuse me. But nontheless, the line up changes are because they are in need of one member - not counting Mai C's short break, which is why there are two non-permanent singers right now. I assume they are looking for a new permanent member right now. But as Mai C will come back to replace Lynn, I think it is Alex who's in Lisa's spot. Or actually, it doesn't matter. It's just that the only permanent members are Susan, Mairéad and Máiréad.

Wink Exactly,

while I will accept any new member's

my imagine cloud dreams that Lynn would be re-mastered in permanent membering; that be a Dream Come True -Again. Is it hard to wish unlikely That Alex and Meav were re again permanents too. Cheesy  that's why cw path is a surprise every-time.

we probably won't find out until after CW10 or even not until Christmas tour ends.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:10PM by RealFan c-w » Logged

CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 10:01AM »

Wink Exactly,

while I will accept any new member's

my imagine cloud dreams that Lynn would be re-mastered in permanent membering; that be a Dream Come True -Again. Is it hard to wish unlikely That Alex and Meav were re again permanents too. Cheesy  that's why cw path is a surprise every-time.

we probably won't find out until after CW10 or even not until Christmas tour ends.

Sorry to just chime in like this, but, we don't even know what the Christmas tour member lineup is going to be except for the 2 Maireads being definites in the lineup. Other than that, who knows who will be part of the lineup for that tour.

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 11:39AM »

Sorry to just chime in like this, but, we don't even know what the Christmas tour member lineup is going to be except for the 2 Maireads being definites in the lineup. Other than that, who knows who will be part of the lineup for that tour.
I may join the Christmas tour.  I can't really sing and won't wear a dress, but I wouldn't mind riding on a bus with the CW folks and I like hearing Christmas music and I don't have a job.  I can't play the fiddle, either, but I could run around on stage.  I do have a whistle that Tommy made for me but I don't know how to play it, yet. Wink
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 11:55AM »

I may join the Christmas tour.  I can't really sing and won't wear a dress, but I wouldn't mind riding on a bus with the CW folks and I like hearing Christmas music and I don't have a job.  I can't play the fiddle, either, but I could run around on stage.  I do have a whistle that Tommy made for me but I don't know how to play it, yet. Wink

Your welcome Aboard! Jim Wink   Me Too 2nd to that! I'll wear a really cool attire, if only we could be apart, side singer or not/

I mentioned about after the Christmas tour.. for the new member, likewise any one can free to Dream  Roll Eyes Lynn, Meav or Alex could surprise us anytime x
not forget Susan of x) I didn't recall anybody knew who was on yet. Grin
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 12:00PM by RealFan c-w » Logged

CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 01:39PM »

I may join the Christmas tour.  I can't really sing and won't wear a dress, but I wouldn't mind riding on a bus with the CW folks and I like hearing Christmas music and I don't have a job.  I can't play the fiddle, either, but I could run around on stage.  I do have a whistle that Tommy made for me but I don't know how to play it, yet. Wink

Your welcome Aboard! Jim Wink   Me Too 2nd to that! I'll wear a really cool attire, if only we could be apart, side singer or not/

I mentioned about after the Christmas tour.. for the new member, likewise any one can free to Dream  Roll Eyes Lynn, Meav or Alex could surprise us anytime x
not forget Susan of x) I didn't recall anybody knew who was on yet. Grin

haha Lynn, Meav, & Alex touring with CW at the same time would be too good to be true! That is a dream of mine that if it ever happened, I would be the happiest person on the planet!!!!!

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 02:39PM »

I think  we  are  just  having  fun  speculating.    Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: