Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Akron, OH  (Read 2975 times)
dbbii

« on: June 01, 2015, 11:46AM »

Called local PBS station this morning. Story they gave me was they were not going to sell tickets until their August pledge drive.

OK, went on to Ticketmaster.  All the pit tickets are blacked out (yes, even using the presale code.  Maybe that means PBS is actually getting good tickets again. 

Now the dilemma -- do I order from Ticketmaster or wait and try to get better seats from PBS?

CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 12:05PM »

That's the show im trying to go to also. I probably wont know until closer to the show if I can definitely make it, so if PBS is selling tickets/M&G would you mind buying 2 & splitting it? I could pay you back when you want me to.  The reason im really trying to go to this show is b/c since they added this tour, the chance of them having a Symphony tour in December is very slim, so they wont be coming to Pittsburgh & Akron is close to where I live & it would be my only chance left to see them again this year.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:11PM by CelticWomanFan425 » Logged

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Lily Anna
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 12:07PM »

This is exactly what happened to me this morning, except that I was not given a date for the pledge drive. The local PBS rep here in STL told me that they would be receiving most or all of the pit tickets. I am going to wait and get mine from PBS rather than from MetroTix.

Thanks, Shining Bright!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 12:14PM »

This is exactly what happened to me this morning, except that I was not given a date for the pledge drive.
Keep checking the station website for dates.
Lily Anna
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 12:57PM »

This is exactly what happened to me this morning, except that I was not given a date for the pledge drive.
Keep checking the station website for dates.
I tweeted them, and they just replied to tell me it will be in August. I just hope they don't run out, because I'm not sure how many they have.

Thanks, Shining Bright!
dbbii

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 11:00AM »

Based on my experience with various stations, don't tweet.  Send an email.  Tweets tend to get lost -- emails at least get in a follow up file, especially since they are a way to get money.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: