Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you starve yourself of CW music before attending a live concert?  (Read 26526 times)
chickie.monkey
Total Fanatic

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2007, 11:51PM »

no fast will be as good as my last concert.  the only material i knew was from helix, so there were lots of surprises!  maybe there will be some new material and fasting won't be necessary  Grin

poohbear
Honorary Roadie

funcle

« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2007, 05:55AM »

I said it before.  i do not know how people go a month fasting.  I find going seven days without CW makes one weak. Grin
chickie.monkey
Total Fanatic

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2007, 06:06AM »

I said it before.  i do not know how people go a month fasting.  I find going seven days without CW makes one weak. Grin
yeah, ok, i get now... (wow, slow on that one) LOL I can see the whole purging the senses thing so that makes the show totally great, but i just don't know if I can do it

Mierna

OH YEAH!

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2007, 07:31PM »

I don't listen to CW music before a concert cause I'm too anxious too!  Cheesy

This wonderful banner was made by Siobhan!
Capn Davey

Your Dream's Do Come True!

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2007, 05:35PM »

Food yes......Music no
I'm kind of nuts in that respect ill listen to
a cd of an artist going to the concert and
somtimes on my way home....
its strange but thats me...

dave

Banner By Celtic Fiddler

Amy Rivard Forum:
http://amyrivardforum.com/forum/
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2015, 09:32AM »

yep  I still do the fast.  Now its a 30 day thing for me.    Only a few days to go until we see the girls at Red Rocks.

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2015, 10:09AM »

I  am  just  the  opposite.  I  glut  myself  on  CW  even  more  than  I  usually  do.  Just  my  personal style.   Cool 

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2015, 10:16AM »

I do. When I do it usually material that I know is in the show. So I end up listening to a lot of older stuff, as well as the Christmas and solo  albums
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 03:36PM by The Impatient New Yorker » Logged

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2015, 01:51PM »

I try to, but it never works since I listen to my cds on the way to and from work and when I walk!! Food wise no, I give my self extra time and go out to eat (usually Buca di beppos due to it being the girls favorite!) And I tried to "starve" myself before a concert though, even though the last one literally I thought I was going to miss the m&g that ended up being at the end on the show and getting to dinner 20 minutes late and almost missing dinner! And when Lisa Kelly left I couldn't listen to follow on at all , and finally listened to it when I had the tickets in my hands!! We'll see  what the next adventure will bring!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2015, 06:50PM »

I allow myself to listen to the solo cds of any of the girls who aren't touring at the time. Everything else? One month fast.
Sorgi

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2015, 07:28PM »

I take the neutralizing approach.  I listen to almost anything else.   last week as I was waiting for the doors to open in Sacramento I had my Iphone doing tracks from Skyrim, Nightwish, Through the fire and flames (Done with a string quartet, makes an interesting sound).   I try to lose my self in different styles of music a week or more before a show so when it hits me it's better than new.   

-Dan

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2015, 10:58PM »

I try to, but it never works since I listen to my cds on the way to and from work and when I walk!! Food wise no, I give my self extra time and go out to eat (usually Buca di beppos due to it being the girls favorite!) And I tried to "starve" myself before a concert though, even though the last one literally I thought I was going to miss the m&g that ended up being at the end on the show and getting to dinner 20 minutes late and almost missing dinner! And when Lisa Kelly left I couldn't listen to follow on at all , and finally listened to it when I had the tickets in my hands!! We'll see  what the next adventure will bring!
oh and having Sirius radio helps in the car to do I don't have to listen to the radio or have the CDs on constantly! ( nothing wrong with that or a little fasting before shows!!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: